Holly and Rhodes - Whats Cookin WWE??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ballin

Reaction score
Cody hasnt proved to me he has potential yet. He seems like a normal wrestler that you can find anywhere. Expect he is the son of Dusty Rhodes and the brother of Goldust

Reaction score
They both need new finishers Rhode's is just a ddt and Holly's is just a spine buster. Rhode should get a high flying finisher and Holly should get a hardcorish finisher to match his name.

The A-man

Reaction score
that DDT he did on Charlie Haas on Raw last week really sucked ass. He's still got a long way to go...

the last gunslinger said:
...a DDT works but he needs to invert it or something

AJ styles fan01 said:
he needs a better finisher

Umm, no. What's the deal with Rhodes needing a new finisher being such a big deal? You guys say it like Rhodes whole career depends on it. I can't believe how inaccurate you guys are when identifing one move from another.

For you guys who thinks Cody "uses just a DDT", think again. Here's something from the Wikipedia entry from Cody Rhodes movelist detailing the type of DDT he uses:
Wikipedia/Pro wrestling moves/DDT said:
Flowing Snap DDT
Another version is when the wrestler kicks the opponent in the gut as in a Flowing DDT and hits the Snap DDT. This version is popularly used by Raven, who dubbed it the Raven Effect DDT and was also used by The Rock, who dubbed his version the People's DDT. This version has recently been adopted as a finisher by Cody Rhodes upon his debut in World Wrestling Entertainment.
No how in the hell is the supposed to be a crap finisher makes no sense. Keep in mind the Cody still has room to improve and he's already over with the fans so no, he does "need" a new finisher. Chill out.

TheShowstopper said:
They both need new finishers Rhode's is just a ddt and Holly's is just a spine buster. Rhode should get a high flying finisher and Holly should get a hardcorish finisher to match his name.
Good lord! "Just a spine buster"?! Okay, okay, let me edumacate you on this one.....
Wikipedia/Pro wrestling throws/Spinebuster said:
Alabama slam
Described as a double-leg slam, or flapjack spinebuster, this high-angle spinebuster variation involves a wrestler placing their head between an opponent's knees or under the opponent's arm, then standing up, holding onto their opponent's legs, so that the opponent is facing the wrestler's back. The wrestler then simply brings both hands down, throwing the opponent back-first to the mat. They may also hold the opponent in place while spinning in several circles before throwing the opponent down. The move has been known by the name Water-Wheel Slam. Named by Bob "Hardcore" Holly after his home state of Alabama.
Not "just a spine buster" now, huh? Hardcore Holly is already a legit toughguy in the business so really doesn't need a hardcorish finisher.

People, a finisher is a wrestler's trademark move that leads to a finish of a match. If a flowing snap DDT wins matches for Cody and an Alabama Slam wins matches for Hardcore, then why in the hell do they NEED new finishers??!?! There's no point in fixing something that's not broken to begin with!

My sig rules, by the way.

CenaMark54

I'm pretty sure Rhodes is Holly's love slave. Even JR is beginning to wonder what this relationship is all about.

vickymania

Reaction score
well,holly and cody r getting a tag team title shot when WWE tours australia..i kind of wonder whether they can create an upset win and actually win the gold! who knows..

tommyboi65

Reaction score
I see this morphing into a new Outlaws Tag Team. By that I don't refer to The Gunn/Road Dogg team, the Dusty Rhodes Dick Murdoch tag team .

I see the signs of the Cade/Murdoch teams implosion, & with Dusty in a creative role, no doubt hed wanna see his & his Gbest frieds son both as a team .

Ballin

Reaction score
I didnt like Rhodes at first but now hes catching on. i like Holly so they should be a good tag-team

vickymania

Reaction score
holly and Rhodes are doing ok as tag team..they r geting their chances,all right..here's some update on them..

This Thursday, in a match exclusively on WWE.com, The Highlanders, Paul London & Brian Kendrick and Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly will vie for the opportunity to face World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch at Survivor Series.

Pwmania.com

Ballin

Reaction score
Yeah, i was at Raw and that was confirmed. BTW Rory (i think) hurt his head pretty bad by the Alabama Slam

vickymania

Reaction score
Holly And Rhodes Have got their Title match with cade and Murdoch at survivor series..they defeated the Highlander's,London and kendrick..good showing by these two..Cody surely is lucky to have a partner in the experienced Holly..