Hole's Eric Erlandson writes book about Kurt Cobain's suicide

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
Former guitarist with Hole, Eric Erlandson, has written a book about the suicide of his friend Kurt Cobain of Nirvana.

Erlandson's book, Letters To Kurt, will be published on April 8 by Akashic Books. The New York Times reports that the 52 chapter offering will be made up of poetry, prose and 'free association' and will comprise "reflections on rock'n'roll, drug abuse and the loss of Cobain".

Speaking to the New York Times, Erlandson, who played in Hole with Cobain's wife Courtney Love, said: "It just wasn't feeling right to write a memoir-style book and this one just came out of me a couple years ago. It felt like the right way to go, but at the same time, I had a lot of hesitation. At some point it just started to click and I started to honor it."

He added that he has not discussed the book with his former bandmate, Love, saying: "Up until September of last year, October, she was asking me to play with her. But I felt like there was no transformation in our relationship at all. So that kind of worked its way into the book. I never mentioned to her that I had written the book, and I'm sure she's heard of it now."

Had he not committed suicide in 1994 at the age of 27, Kurt Cobain would have turned 45 on February 20 of this year. Letter To Kurt will be published in the United States three days after the 18th anniversary of Cobain's death.

nme

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
That will definitely be a book I am going to pick up. I was always a big Cobain fan. I got his Journals book that came out years ago for Christmas. I would like to hear and see what Erlandson has to say about Kurt and whatever else he is writing about.

I can't believe it has been almost 18 years since he died. :( I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about it, and I can honestly say that it is the first time I had cried over a star dying.

Kellie

Reaction score
I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about it

I was on my way home from a 15 minute car ride, I needed air, my grandfather was dying on my couch, I heard it on the radio, when I returned home my mother was waiting out front for me as she knew I was a huge fan (I even saw them live) .. all I said was 'Is it true?' and she nodded .. I went inside and started spoon feeding my grandfather water to try keep him alive .. my grandfather died 2 days later in hospital but I missed the news, the newspapers and all the publicity as I was at the hospital for two days

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
Dude is just trying to cash in though. I have what is called the Cobain rule anyways. Anything I ever read about him made him sound like a whiney bitch. Therefore I dont read about him, it takes away from the awesome music