Hogwarts Legacy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I likely won't drop 69.99 on it tho video games getting expensive

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I likely won't drop 69.99 on it tho video games getting expensive
giphy.gif
go sailing the seas

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I wait for most games to go on sale

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
This is someone from the trans community speaking. If you guys want to buy it, I won't stop you, but it isn't just a matter of people getting fussed over it for the sake of it. On one hand, I understand the hard work the game developers put into it, and maybe you have a nostalgia for the series.

But even if J.K. isn't involved in the game, she gets Royalties from it, and likely a decent bit. That's kind of what where a lot of people become uncomfortable. She very likely will be using some money to fund against the trans community and she's done a lot to dehumanize and attack the trans community. I've seen so much vile hatred towards the community, including a Twitter Account called "Valid Ls" which dedicates to making fun of and dehumanizing the trans community and has even lead DDOSSING on Discord servers ran by trans people. That makes me genuinely scared of ever coming out. Even if I may have a slightly more open family compared to others, I fear not "passing" to people and being subjected to harassment. I fear opening my mouth and speaking in a voice I HATE and outing myself when I am going in a career where the ability to speak is paramount. I fear professional backlash from a traditionally conservative profession. I fear laws like what is being passed in the United States attacking and dehumanizing trans people coming to my country. I'm scared, and the actions of people like J.K. Rowling have added to it. They're dangerous. So I can't, in good faith, give a single cent to this game if a sliver of it will go to a person who will continue to fuel an attack on not just me, but millions of people who aren't out to groom people, who aren't out to fucking rape women in a bathroom, but just are uncomfortable in their skin, feeling detached to what they were born as, wishing to live life where they can wear something that makes them happy, have their hair in a way they like it, and just feeling authentic. This soiled the memories plenty of former Harry Potter fans in the community has towards a series of books they likely read as a kid and have a strong connection to. If I buy this game, I feel as though I'm just legitimizing a person who has said horrible things and that she can just say whatever she wants and not face consequences about it.

So if you just love Harry Potter too much, love the genre of games, or buy the game, it's your choice. I hope if you get it, you have fun. But don't think that people are just freaking out because. In the end, sometimes, if you believe something, you should speak with your wallet. That's what I'll do.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
also this isn't really true, there zero shortage of media to consume. and limiting yourself to less media isn't this horrible thing people keep making it out to be.

Not trying to pick on you specifically here, just so fucking tired of people being shamed for boycotting stuff it's fucking insane behavior to me lol
Nah but the most popular medias the big ones are controlled by the worst of people. I mean take Kevin Smith movies for example love Jay and Silent Bob most were produced by Harvey Weinstein.

I'm not trying to shame anyone, if you want to take a stand that's great. But it feels specifically with this game (and I've not seen it on here) that people who are actually still buying it are more targeted than the ones boycotting. I'm not targeting you either by the way you make a good case and I fully understand it. Hell I support it. If someone wants to boycott it because of their beliefs power to them. Rowling will make a boat load of money off of it and I'm not happy about that. But I can also offset that with $5 because her percentage for my one purchase is probably less than that.

BTW have you seen the guy that's buying the potter books and redoing the covers and any pages with her name? That is great just completely removing her existence from the books.

The fights should be with against the biggots not each other. I can buy a game, you can not. We don't need to be upset with each other about it. Again not saying you are not targetting you. Your argument was just very well stated.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Oh and not to try to turn this entire thread into an agenda thread, but check out the latest episode of the new Quantum Leap series brilliant episode very well done.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I def wont be shaming anyone for buying it or liking hp, l fully understand ppl justify things because of nostalgia n how much that series meant to them. No different than wwe being run by a rapist really. My main point was mostly that the "well everyone in the industry is bad so everything is tainted anyways" i find reductive n to me comes off as giving up. My philosophy is to boycott n inform but as non aggressively (not claiming ive succeeded though lol) as possible. I do agree getting mad at each other only plays to the bigots' hands n its a waste of everyone's energy, 100% with u there too.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Nah but the most popular medias the big ones are controlled by the worst of people. I mean take Kevin Smith movies for example love Jay and Silent Bob most were produced by Harvey Weinstein.

I'm not trying to shame anyone, if you want to take a stand that's great. But it feels specifically with this game (and I've not seen it on here) that people who are actually still buying it are more targeted than the ones boycotting. I'm not targeting you either by the way you make a good case and I fully understand it. Hell I support it. If someone wants to boycott it because of their beliefs power to them. Rowling will make a boat load of money off of it and I'm not happy about that. But I can also offset that with $5 because her percentage for my one purchase is probably less than that.

BTW have you seen the guy that's buying the potter books and redoing the covers and any pages with her name? That is great just completely removing her existence from the books.

The fights should be with against the biggots not each other. I can buy a game, you can not. We don't need to be upset with each other about it. Again not saying you are not targetting you. Your argument was just very well stated.
btw this was a great counter argument, these are the kinds of back and forths I can get behind

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
btw this was a great counter argument, these are the kinds of back and forths I can get behind
This is what I can do when I have free time to articulate lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
She very likely will be using some money to fund against the trans community and she's done a lot to dehumanize and attack the trans community.
What has she said exactly? I was reading an article about the tweets she posted, and I didn't see anything dehumanizing (or maybe I'm not able to read between the lines when it comes to this, I'm ready to admit it). She was talking a lot about science and biology, but I didn't feel like she was attacking anyone, she just seemed annoyed that people didn't want to say "women". I might have missed something.

As for the game, i'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but I can see a lot of Easter eggs here and there, it's a really fun game, the world is huge, and the fights are surprisingly good. But so far I don't find that the story is particularly interesting, I'm just having fun roaming around on my broom.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yes, that's the very article I read.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
What has she said exactly? I was reading an article about the tweets she posted, and I didn't see anything dehumanizing (or maybe I'm not able to read between the lines when it comes to this, I'm ready to admit it). She was talking a lot about science and biology, but I didn't feel like she was attacking anyone, she just seemed annoyed that people didn't want to say "women". I might have missed something.

As for the game, i'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but I can see a lot of Easter eggs here and there, it's a really fun game, the world is huge, and the fights are surprisingly good. But so far I don't like the story is particularly interesting, I'm just having fun roaming around on my broom.
Well, let's just consider that JK Rowling openly identifies as a Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminist, an ideology that openly seeks to delegitimize trans women by claiming they're "separate but equal" to 'other' women, which, for any American who has a firm grasp of history, would know that "Separate But Equal" was a tactic used by White Supremacists to keep African Americans segregated; worse, many would rather trans people don't exist at all, but rather be locked up in asylums/mental institutions, or made illegal as deviants. A majority of TERFs tend to be right-wing feminists and openly spread that kind of ideology in a blatant attack on a group of people who they don't understand nor have ever done them any harm other than be themselves.

Let's also consider that, and keep this in mind, that Hogwarts Legacy selling as well as it has continues to give Rowling a platform and funding to voice these ideologies, as well as gives the impression that, in her mind, a silent majority either agrees with her that "Trans Women Aren't Women" or don't actually care about what she says.

As an aside, I don't really find the Harvey Weinstein comparison all that applicable. The thing about Weinstein is that he committed crimes for decades and only recently has been caught, but the movies he produced were not made to help spread a platform that raping your employees and forcing sexual favors on them is good or right. JK Rowling is openly spreading the ideology that transgender people should not be allowed to be equal to cisgender men or women, an ideology that, if you flipped the script and changed it to "Other races should not be equal to Whites" or "Homosexuals shouldn't be equal to Heterosexuals"... Well, the language is pretty plain. The royalties she makes from this game (as well as her other works) will continue to fund her hate speech that, unlike active crimes like rape and abuse of authority, are more likely to spread from person to person.

Reactions: Rosie

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Well, let's just consider that JK Rowling openly identifies as a Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminist, an ideology that openly seeks to delegitimize trans women by claiming they're "separate but equal" to 'other' women, which, for any American who has a firm grasp of history, would know that "Separate But Equal" was a tactic used by White Supremacists to keep African Americans segregated; worse, many would rather trans people don't exist at all, but rather be locked up in asylums/mental institutions, or made illegal as deviants. A majority of TERFs tend to be right-wing feminists and openly spread that kind of ideology in a blatant attack on a group of people who they don't understand nor have ever done them any harm other than be themselves.

Let's also consider that, and keep this in mind, that Hogwarts Legacy selling as well as it has continues to give Rowling a platform and funding to voice these ideologies, as well as gives the impression that, in her mind, a silent majority either agrees with her that "Trans Women Aren't Women" or don't actually care about what she says.

As an aside, I don't really find the Harvey Weinstein comparison all that applicable. The thing about Weinstein is that he committed crimes for decades and only recently has been caught, but the movies he produced were not made to help spread a platform that raping your employees and forcing sexual favors on them is good or right. JK Rowling is openly spreading the ideology that transgender people should not be allowed to be equal to cisgender men or women, an ideology that, if you flipped the script and changed it to "Other races should not be equal to Whites" or "Homosexuals shouldn't be equal to Heterosexuals"... Well, the language is pretty plain. The royalties she makes from this game (as well as her other works) will continue to fund her hate speech that, unlike active crimes like rape and abuse of authority, are more likely to spread from person to person.
Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Anyways, that's all I really got to say on the matter.

Buy the game if you want, just know what you're getting yourself into and what you're helping propagate when you do. :draper2