Hogan's TV Debut, "A New Beginning", iMPACT Rating, Foley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Mick Foley will be appearing on an upcoming episode of Super Dave’s Spike TV show next month.

- This week’s TNA iMPACT on Spike TV scored a 1.1 cable rating, the same as last week’s show.

- As of last week, January 4th was the date on the books for Hulk Hogan’s debut on TNA television. This date is a Monday and likely will be iMPACT tapings that night in Orlando. The idea for TNA seems to be to have Hogan and other big names appear on iMPACT that week and present it as if it’s a new beginning for the company.

Source - WNZ

Ok, you have a date. Now promote the fuck out of it. Plug it whenever, wherever, however you can Dixie/marketing crew.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They are already plugging the shit out of Hogan signing already and in random spots too....

Tenay: "Whoa Tazz, Did you see that how much of an impact that Carbon Footprint was?"

Tazz: "Not as big of impact that Hogan has signed deal with TNA."

so I'd assume since they have a date, they'd start promoting that. I just hope they don't go overboard promoting that and putting less extent on the here and now.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
so much could happen from now until January 4. It's lame that they can't have Hogan on right away, and the more time to build up, the more the hype is going to die down. Is it me, or haven't they done this "new beginning" type stuff already? It's been done when they moved to Thursdays, then to 2 hours, then getting rid of Cornette, Sting's Return(s), Jarrett losing the title, Angle coming in, The Pacman Jones stuff, Foley's debut...

MizMasta3000

Im keeping a look out in the audience you might see VKM and his adviser crew (DX, Orton, Cena) :shifty:

lol

Quintastic One

Reaction score
At this point TNA could hire Triple H, The Undertaker, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Batista and they STILL would not get anywhere near a 1.5 rating. I'm starting to lose my faith. No in TNA, I've loved TNA recently. But with the fans who refuse to give TNA a second chance, even in the face of Hulk Hogan.

MizMasta3000

TNA was so much better when it was straight old WWE guys you havent seen in a while and then young guys from the idies and ROH. I miss 2002-2006 TNA

Reaction score
^^^^ Yup. Shamrock and Killings as champ was bad ass, the X division used to be actually exciting, S.E.X was awesomeness and doing cool stuff like giving PPVs away for a penny is what drew me to TNA. Anyone remember how bad fucking ass the Triple X-AMW cage match was? Even duds (duds) like Glenn Gilberti (Disco Inferno) and Sonny Siaki were entertaining. Then the six sided ring came, things were ok, then the influx of WWE refuse started showing up, then Joe came and made things better and was as over as any homegrown talent that ever walked through the door. TNA was the only NA wrestling I would pay attention to, then Angle showed up and I was uber excited, then Russo came and well the shit hit the fan, then hit the fans. Things are getting more tolerable but guys like Eric Young rehashing Angle from six months ago, and Matt Morgan aren't good enough to be the guys to take TNA to competitive levels (beating ECW sometimes aint gonna cut it) and they've missed terribly the ships of Joe and AJ Styles, and are probably going to waste Hernandez pairing him up with that black hole of charisma that is Matt Morgan.

Hogan is going to help TNA, but in exchange someone will have to pay, and hopefully TNA doesn't sacrifice what very little steam they have going just for what will eventually be just another quick fix gone awry. Hogan will get some interest but just as has been his case in WWE, it will get old and stagnant fast. His last four PPV matches all had descending buys and his newest DVD is selling slower than his previous two WWE DVD releases. And TNA just doesn't have the creative team needed to get a huge money match out of Hogan that will generate substantial PPV buys, nor do they have a star, young or old, that could make a Hogan PPV bout an alluring alternative to a WWE show. Angle? Been done. Foley? Pfftt...what bit of good did Foley do for TNA? Sting? Starcade 97 anyone? AJ, Joe or Daniels? No money in any of them, no one knows who they are and are too small for general fans to believe they belong in a program with Hogan and they most certainly wouldn't be able to have a good match with Hogan as Hogan is completely limited and AJ and Daniels couldn't hit most of their non flying moves. It is a new beginning, but it might not be for the best.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
S.E.X was pretty damn epic for a new company, at the time.

TNA should've been building around the indie stars that they had but bad storylines made them lose some (ie. Austin Aries). In the beginnings of TNA it was all about the X Division and soon after they sought to find heavyweights that'd wrestle for the TNA title but they brought in former WWE stars instead of trying to find and build indie stars.

Can't build a house with broken, tired wood. You need fresh wood to keep that house standing. Dixie's house is looking pretty rickety.

paulie

Reaction score
i just hope it hit,s big timewhen hogan does finally appear on impact i still like tna let,s hope it,s going forward