Hogan not happy with TNA / Nash not happy with The Band

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
» Kevin Nash was said to be unhappy with "The Band" nickname TNA bestowed upon him, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. They used the old Blue Brothers movie joke about putting "the band back together" several years ago in World Championship Wrestling, but Nash now feels it's ridiculously dated.

» As for the news that Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are gone from TNA, this is not the case according to WrestlingINC.com. The duo has been removed from the TNA iMPACT! opening video as well as the TNA Roster page on the company website, but them being removed is part of the storyline. The same goes for Bobby Lashley.

» Despite the positive spin he's putting on TNA in media interviews, Hulk Hogan has been complaining to friends that he's frustrated with several things in TNA. Hogan feels pressure to push people he does not believe in – namely, some of the TNA originals. Word is that Dixie Carter doesn't want the TNA originals to be buried by Hogan's buddies, but there are some TNA originals that Hogan sees nothing in and wants to get rid of. Hogan is said to be a big fan of Abyss as well as Tomko, saying at least both men look like wrestlers.

At least we know now that Hogan doesn't have complete control of TNA.

Reaction score
Hogan shouldn't have any control. Period. The TNA originals shouldn't be buried by Hogan's buddies either. He complaining about stuff is just the beginning of an ugly outcome.

xtremebadass

Hogan is realizing his vision of a perfect wrestling organization is panning out as great as he hoped. He thinks it is not going as he wants because of the wrestlers he doesn't believe in. He is right...TNA is sucking because he is refusing to use those wrestlers.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Especially when said wrestler is slowly becoming a naitch clone.

This Guy

I don't think this shows that he doesn't have complete control. Dixie is still the boss ultimately behind the scenes, but Hogan has complete creative control. But as it said he feels preasure to push guys he doesn't like because of Dixie. Hogan probably only is going along right now because he wants to make sure his job is safe. As soon as he thinks it is, he'll do whatever he wants and worse part is if it produces results, even a little, Dixie will let him and more and more Originals will probably disapear from TV.

Reaction score
I just want to know what qualifies as an "original"? Dudes that have never been in WWE or WCW? Because if so then sadly, there are only maybe 5-7 "originals" whom could really make an impact, pardon the pun. I've got Joe, AJ, Daniels, Hernandez, MCMGs and Nigel. All of the other originals are either very shrimpy (not saying they should all be WWE-esque, but dudes under 5'10 and 210 never make money) or lack charisma, and alot have both going against them. So I can see why there is a hesitance to not push "Originals", but I still feel Hogan in a creative role is just stupid. Could have just paid the dude as a worker for his name and not the baggage he'd be bringing with him, kind of the way Jarrett had him in 04, but just goes to show how stupid and fickle Dixie is.

noumenon

Gonna have to agree with Hogan. There was a reason the product didn't take off before... there aren't very many marketable guys in TNA on the level of guys like Cena, Orton and others. So what if he wants to trim some dead weight off the roster and find some guys who appeal more to a broad audience? I guarentee you wouldn't even notice half of TNA's roster was gone. TBH, most of them haven't even been used since Hogan has taken the reigns and the product has been pretty damn good lately.
There are a few "originals" I wouldn't like to see let go... but those are the guys Hogan already seems to have plans for using so...fuck it. I'm just upset at the lack of Beer Money and MCMG. (Though I think Shelley is injured?)

Great One

Don't forget Christopher Daniels. Him and Beer Money seem to be one's getting jewed, which is sad.

noumenon

I was actually never a huge fan of Daniels... so I could care less about him.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Gonna have to agree with Hogan. There was a reason the product didn't take off before... there aren't very many marketable guys in TNA on the level of guys like Cena, Orton and others. So what if he wants to trim some dead weight off the roster and find some guys who appeal more to a broad audience? I guarentee you wouldn't even notice half of TNA's roster was gone. TBH, most of them haven't even been used since Hogan has taken the reigns and the product has been pretty damn good lately.
There are a few "originals" I wouldn't like to see let go... but those are the guys Hogan already seems to have plans for using so...fuck it. I'm just upset at the lack of Beer Money and MCMG. (Though I think Shelley is injured?)

I am in total agreement with this. WWE/F did the same thing when they built their dynasty back in the early 90's. They did not use a lot of good talent that eventually went to WCW because of that reason. Same here...in another sense, history is also again repeating itself. TNA will do fine and possibly even with Hogan and Company in control.

I like the product as of late and I think it will continue to get better with flexibility and time on Hogans part. But again, he (Hogan) is right. Some of TNA's older main stay talent just is not a draw though they might be loved and as with any relationship that thrives into marriage and last well into old age, likewise, some old habits also have to be let go for that to happen. In TNA today, like WWWF of old, same thing, but the question on peoples minds are, will in the end it produce the same result, the big ratings and show advancements that the WWWF that became WWF did back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Also, keep in mind, it was then, that the young WCW, like TNA, took advantage of those unhappy and let go in the WWF/AWA/NWA that never got to WWF (many of which are now in the WWE HoF) that eventually helped WCW get better and outside of Universal Studious, especially when a young Sting arrived and others in 85 that shot them to the moon. Same with WWE, it was a younger SCSA, Rock, and others combination that were not happy in WCW or never reached their full potential that helped bring on the attitude era and eventual WWE billions.

So the real question is, over the next potential few years, is who or what will happen that helps TNA capture that same spark that propels them into the destiny they are hopping for. Hogan knows and realizes this, but again, the real question is, when or if it will happen just as it did for the then WCW and WWF. He knows that this is all that has to happen and right now, the old roster just ain't it and it just needs that something else and now, you are actually starting to see some of that take shape in Pope, Desmond Wolfe, and others.

noumenon

Exactly, the few characters that started to build in the past few weeks give me more hope than the entire product did last year. Especially Desmond Wolfe. (holy shit that guy is awesome...lol)

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Exactly, the few characters that started to build in the past few weeks give me more hope than the entire product did last year. Especially Desmond Wolfe. (holy shit that guy is awesome...lol)

Man would I have loved to see Desmond Wolfe and Captain Charisma go at it. But anyways, yeah, Hogan is frustrated because it is like a waiting game, but with an unspecified time of when and if that wait will pay off. He knows it only takes one, but again, when and if that one will come and in the mean time working with what you got is the problem.

I have been watching wrestling since 1977 (about 2-3 years old then) with my Great Grandmother and nothing has changed. For example, Paul Orndorff was a great talent back in the day, but never reached the Sting or Goldberg level even though he at that time had a great physic and was good at what he did...wrestling. His only hold up was that he was not as strong on the mic as others, but in the ring he looked great and was great in his in ring mechanics.

All TNA needs is their pissed off SCSA from WWE or a newcomer that takes off like Sting or Cena in their respective organizations and continue to build in that time with guys like Pope and Wolfe and they will be fine.