Hogan Interview, Is he still able to wrestle? (No...)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK.GFX

Reaction score
St. Louis' RiverfrontTimes.com has an interview with Hulk Hogan, who talks about wrestling against Ric Flair in a tag match on March 8th and his financial motivation for getting back in the ring. He also takes a shot at The Rock's movie career. Hogan admits that his body is broken down, but he's getting back in the ring because the fans demanded it, brother! Here's what Hogan said about:

Is He Able To Still Wrestle? "Oh, I can't, brother. I was in Australia recently and did four dates wrestling Ric Flair. The first day I ran into Ric with a shoulder tackle and knocked him down. He popped up and came right back at me. I didn't have my footing right. I was turned in when he hit me and my right hip popped out of its socket. The pain shot like a piece of electricity to my head and right behind my ear. I felt like my head exploded. I fell and dumbed it up against the rope until I could pop my hip back in. That was my first day back. I really didn't want to wrestle, but I got into a situation with TNA when the fans are chanting 'Hogan! Hogan!' It's hard to say no. I painted myself in a corner. Now I'm fighting a tag-team match March 8 with Abyss against Ric Flair and A.J. Styles. I did that to myself, but I really shouldn't be wrestling anymore."

His Financial Situation Pushing Him To Wrestle Again: "I was in a situation where I was kind of lost and I happened to walk by a ring in a gym. I reached out and touched it, and I got goosebumps. I knew I had a problem, kind of like being an addict. I said, 'Oh boy.' It's like driving a fast car or being on a date with a beautiful woman. So, that was part of it. The other was necessity. After the last couple years, financially, I needed to do something. I was devastated financially."

Hogan Takes a Shot at The Rock: "I thought about moving out to L.A. and doing the movie thing cause I have seventeen movies under my belt -- mostly low-budget kid movies, kind of like what The Rock is doing now. My agent said they could put me in supporting roles. I'd never be a Gene Hackman or anything, but there is work for me. But I just wasn't into it. I needed to to work and thought why not get back to what I love, wrestling?"

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly didn't demand to see Hogan wrestle again.

Great One

At least he's honest. And by all the people, he probably means the TNA fanboys and people in the Impact zone.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I dont know if its mistakes he did finacially. I think his mistake was not having a prenuptial agreement. I think Linda took most of his money and he just wants some more income to continue living the life he lives. I seriously doubt he is hurting that bad in the bank account. Its just not as much money as he used to have.

Also, where did Hogan take a shot on The Rock?

noumenon

I don't know how "HOGAN, HOGAN!" translated into "Get your old crippled ass in a match immediately."

OH, and at the same time shit all over Flair's retirement in WWE, BUT at the same time have the storyline revolve around WWE's HOF ring.

The Rated R CMStar

That's going to be the same excuse when he becomes champion. "Oh brother, I can't wrestle anymore, and by any means I shouldn't be champion, but what am I supposed to do, he people chant for me".

LadyHotrod

Um...not sure how that was a shot at the Rock? I saw it as the truth?

Kizza

I highly doubt the March 8th match will have too much Hogan/Flair input. Maybe a few punches, a boot and getting Abyss to do the leg drop or something.