Hogan calls Abyss his next "John Cena" & more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff appeared on Howard 101 on Friday with Bubba The Love Sponge to give "The State of TNA" address.

Hogan: "Abyss is awesome and he's my next John Cena."

Hogan said TNA's big selling point for the Montreal Angle is that they have Earl Hebner and WWE doesn't.

They put over Pope big time too (especially Bischoff).

Hogan said he's pushing for Impact on Mondays everyday but also denied it's happening soon. He said March 1st would indeed be a good starting point though.

Source: http://nodq.com/tna/266796569.shtml

The Rated R CMStar

Hogan is getting beyond delusional now. I could make my post about how Hogan is just wrong, but meh, it's kinda obvious. I am shocked how a guy who says things like that has been given the power to run a company.

...then again, they have Vince Russo hired, a guy who prides himself in TNA getting 1.3 and having about 16 minutes of wrestling

Reaction score
Abyss is the next John Cena?!?! BWAHAHAHA. Seriously?? Abyss has sucked the last year and a half if he isn't doing hardcore matches. You can't buy charisma and they guy has been getting by his entire career as a Kane/Mankind re-hash. It's like, how do you top a stupider comment that that?

Oh yah: "Hogan said TNA's big selling point for the Montreal Angle is that they have Earl Hebner and WWE doesn't."

Really? I mean really?!?? So having the scrub ref trumps having the actual people of relevance? So according to Hogan Hebner's role in the screw job > Shawn, Bret and Vince combined. Yah fucking right. That's like saying you'd rather have Mike Vick quaterbacking your squad instead of Peyton. Bullshit, lay off the cocaine Hulk, it's turning your brain to mush.

If he truly believes anything he said then I am totally speechless. Ya figure a guy who is easily a top three draw of all time, who has spent thirty years in the biz, all ego aside, would know something enough not to say such dumb shit.

straight_edge76

Abyss is the next John Cena?!?! BWAHAHAHA. Seriously?? Abyss has sucked the last year and a half if he isn't doing hardcore matches. You can't buy charisma and they guy has been getting by his entire career as a Kane/Mankind re-hash. It's like, how do you top a stupider comment that that?

Oh yah: "Hogan said TNA's big selling point for the Montreal Angle is that they have Earl Hebner and WWE doesn't."

Really? I mean really?!?? So having the scrub ref trumps having the actual people of relevance? So according to Hogan Hebner's role in the screw job > Shawn, Bret and Vince combined. Yah fucking right. That's like saying you'd rather have Mike Vick quaterbacking your squad instead of Peyton. Bullshit, lay off the cocaine Hulk, it's turning your brain to mush.

If he truly believes anything he said then I am totally speechless. Ya figure a guy who is easily a top three draw of all time, who has spent thirty years in the biz, all ego aside, would know something enough not to say such dumb shit.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But seriously yeah Hogan must be going crazy. I mean I am an Abyss fan but calling him "his next "John Cena" is straight Blue.

noumenon

Just beyond stupidity really.
I would comment on the Earl thing but Enzo summed it up perfectly.

MizMasta3000

:wtf:

seriously Hogan. Get real. You want a new John Cena(which is easier said than done)? Look at Pope, Hernandez, Joe or ummm maybe even AJ Styles ever think about him. You know TNA's Golden Boy since June 2002

straight_edge76

Honestly, nobody on the TNA roster has the "John Cena" factor imo. Don't get me wrong TNA has some extremely over and talented guys but none of them have that "it" factor that guys like Cena have. With the possible exception of Angle and/or possibly AJ.

DcDudley

Reaction score
Should Abyss get a better program than he has?...yes. The next John Cena or even big main eventer?...fuck no!

And the whole screwjob angle is just embarrassing. As long as TNA keeps copying and focusing on the wwe instead of actually improving themselfes, they will never be anything more than second rate.

MizMasta3000

The Screw job angle lost its coolness once we saw Taker/Punk/Long/Armstrong. tbh

xtremebadass

Hogan, as dumb as he is, has reached a level of stupidity that I wasn't even aware he could ever reach.

straight_edge76

This just in... Hogan is slipping into senility before our very eyes!!

Beer

The isn't really much point stressing at how ridiculous this is. So I'll just say this; Abyss is not the next John Cena.