HOFer criticizes WWE and Chris Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Ripper

Reaction score
orton won't get the title anytime soon, as long as he is an asshole outside the ring... i believe he would be squashed in his feud against HHH as punishment

He aint in a fued with triple h

Dead Man11384

Reaction score
Randy Orton shouldn't be the legend killer any more, he lost to the undertaker, which im happy about, and yes agree that orton should be put over to SD! to face edge for the title, and trade benoit over to face cena. I mean honestly, benoit need and deserve a big push to the title scene, he was one of the best champion when he was the WHC.

xtremebadass

Unforgiven 2003: Orton def. HBK

Judgement Day 2007: Orton vs. HBK

Now if I am not mistaking, they are still thinking the same way for 4 yrs now, they are loosing their edge over at WWE

get_brunk

Reaction score
I thought of this a while ago and don't know that it would be worth it or not, but something different to do with Orton. (Especially now, in light of Vince's title reign.)

I was thinking, when there was the whole talk about killing ECW, about sending over Orton. He was going against Kurt Angle when Angle was ECW's big name (before Big Show became the ECW Champ) during ECW's reformation. Then the whole "RVD drugs/Show title/D2D debacle/Paul Heyman leaving" series of events over the course of the rest of 2006 kind of changed things. Then the whole DX/Rated RKO thing "blossomed", so, it wasn't really relevant.

But, now, I thought with Orton floundering, Vince could send over Orton to take care of Lashley after he wins the title back. If Vince brings in Orton to win the belt and Orton "takes it back" to Smackdown, they can have Lashley chase him all over. Plus, once they decide if they want Lashley to get it back again or Orton to keep it, they can deal with the whole Umaga thing (who he'll feud with, which in and of itself could be huge for that person and Umaga).

It could be Orton or Lashley, depending on which way they want Umaga to go or it could just be back to Raw. (I know they hinted at an Umaga face turn. Well, at least that's how I took his reluctance to tag back out to Vince at Backlash. He wanted to beat Lashley/get the title and Vince paying him to NOT do that, etc.) Or, if Umaga comes in and attacks Orton (because he's bitter Vince brought Orton in to take the title instead of giving him a chance to get it from Lashley), Orton could turn face. I think this angle would give them a decent array of good possibilities, if the properly planted a few more seeds and took care of them as the storyline progressed.

That also would give Orton another "World Title" run. They could tell him any future title claims are contingent on how he conducts himself during this run. (And point to RVD as an example of doing something wrong as a champion and look what happens.) It might inject some life into Orton's stale character, no matter which way they decide to go. And, whether it gives ECW any legitimacy, should help him when coming back to one of the bigger shows.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Last Monday on Raw, Orton challenged HBK to a match because, as Randy stated, "I think I can beat you."

Well on Sunday, according to a WWE.com interview with Orton, Randy will "Kill the Legend of HBK!"

After reading that interview all I could do was shake my head in disgust and disbelief.

First of all, didn't Orton already kill the legend of HBK back in 2003? Hadn't Randy beaten HBK numerous times back in late 2003? Its just another case of the WWE thinking its fans are stupid.

Anyway, that wasn't really my real point. Its just related to it. Why hasn't Orton dropped the Legend Killer gimmick yet? When is the last time he actually killed a legend? Does it even matter when he faces legends anymore?

For the past three years, every time Orton has threatened to kill another Legend he has lost. This totally kills the credibilty of his character and makes Orton seem insignificant. For every big match with big hype Orton is in, he takes 2 steps back after losing.

What makes matters worse this time is that the WWE was hinting as a face turn. Orton was starting to get awesome face pops leading up to backlash and even afterwards during his match with Edge.

Now I know all the SD injuries and Edge's move to SD may have had something to do with this. However, Orton is in dire need of a career makeover. The legend killer is as stale as stale can get. So what does the WWE do, they go backwards instead of looking forward.

What they should have done was move Orton over to SD as a face to feud with Edge. Why waste a perfectly good, ready made feud. They could have sent Benoit over to Raw and turn him heel, giving Cena a fresh opponent for Summerslam.

Bottomline, the WWE needs to kill the legend of the legend killer.

Orton doesnt really ever call himself the legendkiller unless he's taking on a legend like HBK, HHH, or w/e. And as far as him "killing the legend of (whoever)" it's a figure of speech. Do you honestly think Undertaker tries to take people's souls?

RKO-07

Reaction score
Whos Orton gonna have a feud with now. Summerslam is about 2 months away and HHH isnt coming back in about 2 months. Whats Orton gonna do until then sit around and wait for HHH to come back? Or is he gonna be the next jobber in line for Cena.

CenaMark54

Orton doesnt really ever call himself the legendkiller unless he's taking on a legend like HBK, HHH, or w/e. And as far as him "killing the legend of (whoever)" it's a figure of speech. Do you honestly think Undertaker tries to take people's souls?

We all know what the term Legend Killer means. You don't have to explain it. When did anyone say he was actually killing anyone? lol. That just annoyed the hell out of me for some reason because you completely missed the point.

The problem is that fact that the WWE has been using that gimmick to try and get him over for the last three years.

In order for the legend killer gimmick to work, you have to actually beat legends every once in a while. Take in mind that I did write this before he "beat" (it was a lame beating) HBK last Sunday.

When you have a gimmick called the Legend Killer, you have to beat Legends to remain credible. He had been calling himself the legend killer since 2003 and haden't actually won a feud agaiant a legend since Foley in 2004.

Whats equally as stupid is him killing the legend of HBK when he already did it back in 2003.

Its just time to move onto a new gimmick. If he had won his feud with Taker his gimmick would still be legit.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Von Erich had some comments about some of the top WWE Superstars on his Twitter account after watching the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view this weekend. Here are some of his comments:

"The WWE supercard last night was bad. The cage used to be for the blow off to a big feud. Now they use it to set up the next TV taping.Sad

Texas has produced some great talent................. Mark Henry is not one of them. Damn he is boring. Texas produced great talent like @ShawnMichaels_ . Although he was a real jerk as a human being. Undertaker is a true pro.

@WadeBarrett is a guy who would have fit in great in the old territory days."

Von Erich also had a brief Twitter exchange with Chris Jericho after some comments he made. Theirs went like this:

Von Erich: "Chris Jericho is another guy I never saw anything in. He is a prima donna."

Jericho: "At least i wore boots in the ring :)"

Von Erich: "But you didn't wear a good attitude. I don't mean to come down on @IAmJericho but he has an exaggerated opinion of his abilities. I might not have worn boots when I worked but I also didn't get blonde highlights in my hair when I was in my 40s."
If he never saw nothing in Jericho then the guy doesn't have good sight because Jericho is a hell of a talent. Only thing he said I agree with is the stuff about the HITC concept and maybe the opinion on Barrett.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Just comes off as a guy who doesn't see how the landscape and standard has progresses and changed since his time.