Highlights of HBK Vs Hulk Hogan (Summerslam 2005)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
[video=youtube;gf4LsjwAWho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf4LsjwAWho[/video]

Good times. Good times.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As hilarious as Michaels was here, he was also very unprofessional about the whole thing. Say what you will about Hogan, but he sure didn't go out there and sell like a goof when he was putting over Warrior. SummerSlam 2005 as a whole is such a bizarre show, from the opening match being 25 seconds long to the Eugene Invitational to the Ladder Match that decided custody of Rey Mysterio's son. Good grief. :lol:

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
As hilarious as Michaels was here, he was also very unprofessional about the whole thing. Say what you will about Hogan, but he sure didn't go out there and sell like a goof when he was putting over Warrior. SummerSlam 2005 as a whole is such a bizarre show, from the opening match being 25 seconds long to the Eugene Invitational to the Ladder Match that decided custody of Rey Mysterio's son. Good grief. :lol:

I agree 100%.

Then again, with the the two biggest egos in the history of wrestling, it was inevitable that the two would have trouble agreeing on a finish (I can only imagine what it would been like had it been Shawn in his pre Born again Christian days). HBK was indeed unprofessional, but so was Hogan. He basically disagreed do a rematch (and job to HBK) because he felt personally insulted by the HBK / Larry Kang skit.

So I'm gonna say Shawn was the lesser of two evils here. At least he made a potentially bad match memorable.

The Rey / Eddie match was indeed bizarre. Not only because of what was at stake, but also due to Vickie missing her cue for like 5+ minutes, Eddie subsequently injuring himself and screaming "Where the *** was Vicke?!". At least the match was pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Yes, HBK was unprofessional here in this one. No doubt about it. However, this is a totally different situation from the Warrior/Hogan match, because that match was supposed to have been the passing of the torch. As where, HBK was pissed off at Hogan's lack of willingness to put wrestlers over. He did the same with Orton a few years later (or was it the next year?)

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Yes, HBK was unprofessional here in this one. No doubt about it. However, this is a totally different situation from the Warrior/Hogan match, because that match was supposed to have been the passing of the torch. As where, HBK was pissed off at Hogan's lack of willingness to put wrestlers over. He did the same with Orton a few years later (or was it the next year?)

Orton and Hogan did their program the next year.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't like either men involved in this match and I wasn't surprised to see the way that it happened. It honestly made for quite a funny match overall so it was all good :lol: