Hideo Itami injured again, could be out for months

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Hideo Itami took a scary looking bump after a botched powerslam from Riddick Moss at the October 2nd WWE NXT live event in Largo, FL, as seen below. Itami had teamed with NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura to defeat Tino Sabbatelli & Moss. Itami hasn't wrestled since that event.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Itami did injure his neck at the show, and will be out of action "for months." While they noted that the injury was neck-related, they did not know the exact injury. It was recently announced that Itami would team with Kota Ibushi in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, however that announcement was made before the injury.

Source

Oh, FFS. That really sucks. He just came back from injury recently and now he's injured again. Poor Hideo.

And man, oh man. That was one scary botch.

Get well soon, Hideo!

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
That's fucking awful to hear, I was expecting him and Ibushi to go on a tear in the Dusty Rhodes Classic. After this he should really ask for either a release or start vying for a call up to the main roster because I think at this point his appeal on NXT is getting more and more irrelevant with Nakamura's presence.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
That injury was pretty much his opponent's fault. The guy is very green and rushed that powerslam. Just poor Hideo. He was brought in with so much promise and just as his stock was rising again, he got bit by the injury bug...again.

Get well Hideo.

afulwani488

Reaction score
Hideo Itami Again Injured At WWE NXT Live Event! Watch This Video To Get More Updates! Thanks!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Hideo confirms that he has indeed suffered an injury and won't be able to compete in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

He's unsure whether he'll be at NXT TakeOver: Toronto.

However, he promises to be part of the NXT live event in Osaka this December.

So, all in all, the injury doesn't seem to be THAT bad. Which is good news.

Have a speedy recovery and see you soon, Hideo!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score

Kota Ibushi will team up with TJ Perkins. Eh, Would have preferred Hideo & Ibushi but it's not bad at all

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh geeze, they just keep coming and coming.. what terrible timing. Hopefully it's a good recovery and he'll be able to compete like his self again.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh geeze, they just keep coming and coming.. what terrible timing. Hopefully it's a good recovery and he'll be able to compete like his self again.

No, dude. Hideo got injured back in October, but now he is ready to return.