Hideo Itami Finished with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Report: Hideo Itami to be released by WWE

He asked for his release, which was later granted. I don't really blame him, after the multiple setbacks due to injury, he was put in the glass ceiling that is 205 Live. He was what Shinsuke Nakamura is today, but life got in the way. Hopefully KENTA is here once again, Itami was wonderful to see in NXT and 205 Live. Deserved a championship run, definitely did not reach his full potential.

Sound off below on your guys' opinions!

EDIT- KENTA is back, he tweeted this on the situation-

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol we should just start a thread where we talk about every release from WWE this year. Wouldn't say that this is a huge loss for the company, his run with WWE was quite disappointing due to multiple injuries and underwhelming matches. At one point I even forgot he was still there

• Haha
Reactions: Crash

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
All and all he's just another dude WWE wasted.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Itami felt like a guy I talked myself into liking. He had an awesome debut, best theme in WWE, good Babyface fire but that's about it. Didn't see anything special from him in the E, so K

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
KENTA is free at last. Thank God almighty, he is free at last.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hm, I wouldn't say that so fast he might want to go back to japan first. But yeah he might join AEW.

How? Because WWE failed to use him properly and give him a chance to be a star?
Everyone always blames WWE for “failing” to use talent. That’s not always the excuse. Sometimes stars just can’t get over because their nitch doesn’t work in WWE, or perhaps they’re not as good as they think?

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
WWE didn't fail Itami, luck did. He would've been a top star in Balor era NXT, but then he got injured. When he came back, they were too focused on new toys like Joe, Nakamura, and Roode. They had to focus on pushing their new guys, so they had to send him to 205. Then, guys like Alexander and Murphy got too over, and he couldn't use his NXT work to already be over, since he had none. WWE couldn't use him because he had no heat, and he had no heat because injuries made it impossible

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Crash

Reaction score
WWE didn't fail Itami, luck did. He would've been a top star in Balor era NXT, but then he got injured. When he came back, they were too focused on new toys like Joe, Nakamura, and Roode. They had to focus on pushing their new guys, so they had to send him to 205. Then, guys like Alexander and Murphy got too over, and he couldn't use his NXT work to already be over, since he had none. WWE couldn't use him because he had no heat, and he had no heat because injuries made it impossible

Good point there, his injury sure played a big role in this.