HHH's sucess

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How many World Titles Reigns would HHH have if he didn't marry Stephanie?

• 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 12+

• Total voters

MikeRaw

WWE is very very good at misusing/throwing away talent. It's not unreasonable to suggest that Triple H would have followed a similar path had he not married Steph.

Are you kidding me?
When has wwe ever thrown away a 6 time world champion in his prime? The only time that they had a huge main eventer, that was a multi time champ, and threw him away/fired him, would bewhen the guy(s) got old and weren't a draw anymore.
The talent you talk about throwing away are guys that havent been established yet... And Triple H had already been established as a main eventer, so theres no way he'd have been fired or pushed to a lowcard guy.

That's just stupid.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
What about the Dudley Boyz? Not world champions, fine, but the 9 tag team championships, the 10 hardcore championships, the cruiserweight championship, and the European championship reigns between them surely equate to "talented, don't waste us." Or how about Booker T? Granted they didn't fire him, but they did everything possible to destroy his popularity.

Soulpower

I voted between 7-9. There wouldn't have been THAT much of a difference in the amount of title runs (Only about 2 or 3). However, I do believe we would not have gotten the HHH is GOD title run we had a couple of years ago. You know the one :shifty:

Airfixx

Once he'd reached the top, as long as the crowds were still poppin' (which they have been right the way through the time period being scrutinised) he wasn't about to stop winning titles.

I say he'd be no different.

If it's going to, IMO the marriage-factor comes into play once he's retired from regular in-ring activity... GM-ships, announcers desk, one-off WM matches/angles, freak title wins.... The world (wrestling entertainment) will be his oyster.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yup i agree his so called marriage benefits will come into play when he has had enough off full time wrestling. He will get a cushy little number and be in the spotlight from a different aspect he may not be in the ring but he will still be have the spotlight as much in some other high profile role role. And why not he has paid his dues and is part of the family so good for him i say. :)

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I voted for 7-9 but I wish I voted 10 because at the time most of the major stars were on their way out (Austin, The Rock). But 10 sounds like the right number.

-TJ-

Sounds like he would have 3 more title runs. But the fact that Steph and HHH got married was from the angle they had on HHH marring an out cold Steph in Vegas. So if there's anyone to blame. It's Chyna who came up with the idea...............

xtremebadass

Not even 7. Those choices are bull crap. He might have gotten those reigns even if he was dating Steph. He got the title what like 4 times since marrying Steph?

MikeRaw

Not even 7. Those choices are bull crap. He might have gotten those reigns even if he was dating Steph. He got the title what like 4 times since marrying Steph?

Not even 7?
This is about how many he would've got if he never married Steph,h, or dated her.
So with that being said, he had 6 before he even dated her. So if he got 6 ON HIS OWN, without knowing Steph/dating her at all, why would he only get one title reign in the following 6 years?

MikeRaw

^ Except for the three or perhaps four he got while dating her, right?

Nope, wrong again. He had 7 before marrying her. But he had 6 when they actually started dating. When they were married on screen, they weren't dating in real life.
When they started actually dating he already had 6.

Airfixx

Same old boring argument eh, haters?

...But the idea he'd have had no further title reigns if it wasn't for his dating and eventually marrying Steph during that time is absolute bullshit.

Keep ignoring the facts if ya like:

He'd already proved he could carry the company.
The fans go nuts for him.
He is a damn good wrestler.

Why wouldn't they put the belt on him again regardless of whether he & Steph had started dating? (What we talking here...? Late 2000-ish... Not long before his quad injury I'm guessing.)

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I don't know because he has great mic skills, his in-ring at moments need some work but there good for WWE type, i picked 7-9 because i honestly think HHH wouldnt get this far without steph. I only think that because maybe he would become an actor, or do something else because steph inst there for him to choose wrestling over everything, plus the fact that if he never married steph, then Vince would never listen to him with ideas....so guys like Hardy would have been champion alread, Jericho would have been have more then 5 titles reigns, etc... So it's really hard to tell what would happen.

Someone should start a "what if" thread. It makes you wonder...

S.P.Q.R.

Reaction score
Wow. It's been like 8 fuckin years and people are STILL talking about this shit. Jesus Christ, people......GET......OVER......IT.