HHH or Batista = Better Heel Turn??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better suited for a Heel Turn?

• HHH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batista

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SnackZ

Reaction score
I was reading the other thread on whether guys wanna see HHH/Oront continue or have HHH/Batista and I was wondering who you guys would rather have turn heel, HHH or Batista.

HHH - as a heel he has been amazing and this can be benificial to new storylines and him actually putting over some younger faces. The problem is he can't align himself with Orton and he is not going to be completely hated unless he takes out HBK and Steph goes heel and they start using their relationship as a power trip type thing.

Batista - this can be very interesting as it allows for multiple new feuds but the only problem I have is that he CANNOT work the mic to save his life, he's always stumbling thru his promos and talks like he's slow. I think aligning him with someone else, like maybe Orton or some young guys would work good.

I still haven't fully decided which way I would vote but want to hear your thoughts...

MikeRaw

Triple H. It's like this... Neither guy has been a heel for years now. Batista was last heel in January 2005, when he turned on Triple H. Trips was last a full out heel in June 2005, at the end of his feud with Batista, however, he was also a tweener (meant to be a heel, but wasn't booed much) up until WM22 in 2006. So it's been a while for both guys. Either one would be fresh, BUT, Triple H would make a better heel. He has the expierience. Batista has only been a heel during his time with Evolutuon. He has never been a main event heel, because when he was a heel, with Evolution, he was just "the enforcer" and never really talked or did much anyway. Triple H has the expierience of being a heel, spending most of his career as one, and one of the best. He'd be a more entertaining heel AND he'd be better at it.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yup i agree with that. HHH would make the better heel and he has shown he is a wicked heel, Better heel than face IMO. But anyway The big thing with Tista going heel is his mic skills. They really aint that good and that would be a big down fall for him as a heel. Unless he has a manager of someone who could do the talking for him. But yeah they both could do with the change of being a heel. I really think Trips is the best option and one im looking forward to seeing.

JimmyD

Reaction score
As I've said before, I don't believe Triple H actually can be a heel anymore. The fans by and large just don't have any interest in booing him anymore and I would see a heel turn for him as going against the grain. I mean the dude can break into a guys house, threaten his wife and still come away as a face, not to mention numerous feuds with the top faces in the company where he has been just as, if not more, popular than the all-out good guy (Cena, Hardy). The fans just don't seem like their willing to buy him as a heel, so the only option for a turn is Batista really.

Airfixx

A proven HHH vs an unproven Batista...?

Considering HHH is gonna be out for a bit and there isn't a more stale person on the roster than 'Big Dave', hell, let's roll the dice and see what he's got as a heel... Especially as a heel Batista unlocks a bunch of new fueds (whilst HHH has pretty much done it all as a heel and a face so not much to be gained unless a lot of new blood seeps into the Raw ME).

MikeRaw

As I've said before, I don't believe Triple H actually can be a heel anymore. The fans by and large just don't have any interest in booing him anymore and I would see a heel turn for him as going against the grain. I mean the dude can break into a guys house, threaten his wife and still come away as a face, not to mention numerous feuds with the top faces in the company where he has been just as, if not more, popular than the all-out good guy (Cena, Hardy). The fans just don't seem like their willing to buy him as a heel, so the only option for a turn is Batista really.

I find the example you gave to be bad. Your example of how he can break into someones house and still be cheered sucks. Of course he was still gonna be cheered. It's not like he broke into Rey Mysterio's house. It was Orton's, so of course they'll cheer.
I do think he can get over as a heel now. He's done it before after being loved. When he returned in 2002, the fans gave him one of the biggest ovations I've seen, and he was a face for a while, and then later went on to go back to being one of the coolest heels ever. He can definately get over as a heel again. But, if for some unexplainable reason, they still cheered him, it doesn't matter. A guy can still be heel if a portion of the fans in a few certain cities cheer him. Just like a guy can still be considered the face if certain fans boo him. I think we all put too much stock into the fan reactions and the terms "heel" and "face". I just want Triple H to be the way he was when he was a heel. If the fans cheer him for that, so be it. I don't care what term people slap on him, I just want him to be how he was in 2002-2005, and that's a badass.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I agree with Airfixx, roll the dice with Batista. When wrestlers turn heel it shows a whole new side to them. The closest we saw Batista going heel was after WM 24 when HBK retired Flair but that lasted all of three weeks. Let's see what Batista's got, you never know he could have kids crying and bare silence from the announcers due to, Michael Cole's favorite word, hayness(sp)action in the ring.

Roll the die, he could surprise us.

Klide

Triple h no doubt hes way better heel than he is face and Batista is a teddy bear to fans every kid in the crowed just chears for him just cant really see him as heel anymore eversince evolution broke up and triple h would take some time till everyone stops taking his side and going on to batista the way they did during WM 21

JimmyD

Reaction score
I find the example you gave to be bad. Your example of how he can break into someones house and still be cheered sucks. Of course he was still gonna be cheered. It's not like he broke into Rey Mysterio's house. It was Orton's, so of course they'll cheer.
I do think he can get over as a heel now. He's done it before after being loved. When he returned in 2002, the fans gave him one of the biggest ovations I've seen, and he was a face for a while, and then later went on to go back to being one of the coolest heels ever. He can definately get over as a heel again. But, if for some unexplainable reason, they still cheered him, it doesn't matter. A guy can still be heel if a portion of the fans in a few certain cities cheer him. Just like a guy can still be considered the face if certain fans boo him. I think we all put too much stock into the fan reactions and the terms "heel" and "face". I just want Triple H to be the way he was when he was a heel. If the fans cheer him for that, so be it. I don't care what term people slap on him, I just want him to be how he was in 2002-2005, and that's a badass.

Well he can be a badass without an arbitrary turn. If the dude wants to act heelish and still get cheered then more power to him, my point was that as long as those fans who are willing to cheer heelish behaviour keep cheering him, a turn wont do him any good. I thought the whole point of this thread was about him turning?

The Rated R CMStar

When he returned in 2002, the fans gave him one of the biggest ovations I've seen, and he was a face for a while, and then later went on to go back to being one of the coolest heels ever.

Then again, at that time, most of his heat was actual hate from the fans finding out he married with Steph.

CenaMark54

Batista would certainly be more shocking. Right now, Batista is more over than HHH.

noumenon

Bottom line in this question
HHH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batista.

You could not do anything at this point to make me give two shits about Batista, even a heel turn. HHH is by far one of the best heels ever where as Batista can't make it through a promo without chuckling and smiling...he's like the fuckin Jimmy Fallon of wrestling.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
OMG PLEASE let it be Triple H that turns heel! He is so stale as a face its not even funny. Batista is an average to good face, he doen't have the charisma to be any type of heel except a monster heel which is not what Raw needs from one of its most over guys. I'd like to see an Orton/Batista rivalry, then HHH comes back and costs Batista the title turning him heel, saying that Batista cost him the title at Backlash. It doesn't mean he has to align himself with Orton, we could see a three-way sceario with all three of them.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Frankly plachi I don't think Batista's popular enough to get the fans on his side in a confrontation with Triple H, regardless of who's considered the face.

CenaMark54

Frankly plachi I don't think Batista's popular enough to get the fans on his side in a confrontation with Triple H, regardless of who's considered the face.

Do you remember 2005? Batista went from a nobody to people wanting him to rip HHH apart. Why couldn't it happen again?

The fans are clearly getting tired of Triple H. He isn't nearly as over as his booking would indicate. Batista has been consistently more over than HHH for much of the last 4 years.

I'm just hoping Triple H gets way from Orton, before he brings Orton down with him. Orton was the hottest thing going during the early part of 2009, then Triple H reared his ugly head again.