Henderson / Edgar Rematch Confirmed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fucking asshole's. This is some bullshit, there's no need for a rematch

I don't get his man crush for Frankie to be honest, he could easily drop down to 145 and dominate the featerweight's. Hope when they do fight that Frankie gets Ko'd this time around.

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
:lol: at continuing to put on hold the most stocked division in the UFC. I like Frankie don't get me wrong, but it's time for him to step aside and give some of the guys that have been waiting for a shot and have earned it there chance.

Gonna be funny if it's another close fight, Edgar wins and then we get Edgar/Bendo 3 by the end of the year.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That's what I'm worried about, this thing dragging out into a third or fourth fight.

Diaz/Miller and even Pettis should be pissed right now. Frankie also tweeted this

FrankieEdgar
@FrankieEdgar
Rematch anyone??.......it's on!! Thanks to @danawhite @lorenzofertitta. Me and Henderson 2. Here we go!!
:why2:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
A 4 rounds to 1 clear win does not warrant a rematch.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So does this likely leave Diaz/Miller facing off against Petis for the second #1 contenders seen as though Frankie is now it?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is a complete load of crap... Why in the bluest of blue hell are we stuck with Henderson/Edgar II? It isn't warranted. Edgar should be back in line waiting. It wasn't that close. It wasn't a debatable fight. Ben Henderson clearly won so Ben Henderson should be defending against a new challenger while Edgar either moves down a division or fight someone else at lightweight while we have a new challenger for the belt. Its like we FINALLY got out of the Edgar/Maynard trilogy and now we're stuck with Henderson/Edgar.

Ridiculous. Nothing against Edgar but this is insane. This is uncalled for and this is just wrong.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So does this likely leave Diaz/Miller facing off against Petis for the second #1 contenders seen as though Frankie is now it?

That's what I'm thinking, seems like the best way to go about it now that Frankie is getting a rematch.

Deuce

Reaction score
There is no need for a rematch, stupid decision by Dana.

Ben

Reaction score
I don't think Pettis will want to wait it out to fight the winner of Diaz/Miller, if he does it makes sense I guess, but I could see them holding this up even more and then possibly doing Pettis/Maynard and then that winner facing the winner of the Diaz fight for the shot.

Honestly think Dana though Frankie won the Bendo fight, I might be wrong, but I see them making more money off a Pettis/Bendo 2 playing off the showtime kick and all the other crazy shit that happened in the first match then giving Edgar another rematch.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dana gonna be trollin' if Edgar wins the title and they don't do an immediate 3rd bout because he's closet lover won :dana:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Nate Diaz came out today and said he wouldn't fight Frankie Edgar because they're good friends, doubt that if he's offered a chance to fight Frankie for the championship he'd turn it down.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I didn't think the Diaz bros had friends and were just straight fighters. Only friends they had were in the rat pack.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well i guess Nate/Frankie trained together last year and became friends, and Nate's coach is Cesar Graces and One of Frankie's is Renzo Gracie and they all consider each other family.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Absolute joke that they have given Edgar a rematch at the title. There was one clear winner in this fight and that was Henderson, Edgar was completely outclassed so I don't know why they are again holding up the entire division. I hope that Henderson finishes him this time so that Dana sees that there was no need for a rematch.