Help required

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ExtremeDisciple

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I live in the UK, and to be perfectly honest I am getting a little bit disillusioned with the current product
from both of the two mainstream promotions. So I thought I'd give the Indy scene a crack.

I will admit that I am a novice with regards to the Indy scene so I can do with a little bit of help. I want
to build up a library of Indy Wrestling dvd's (including Japanese and Mexican).

Can fellow forum members recommend dvd's to purchase which best epitomise the best of what each
wrestling promotion has to offer.

Thanks in advance.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
You should check out PWG (The Very Best Professional Wrestling in the Universe | Pro Wrestling Guerrilla) you can get their DVD's from their website, Highspots.com or the newly opened Highspots.co.uk (probably getting them from the Highspots uk site would be best so you don't have to pay tax when the dvd's arrive)

There's also Dragon Gate USA & Evolve (Dragon Gate USA) which are booked by Gabe Sapolsky, who used to book the shows in ROH from 2002-2008 until he got fired. DGUSA uses Dragon Gate talent when they can, as well as independent talent. Evolve is just really a sister promotion, but normally has some good matches.

If you're interested in womens wrestling then check out Shine & Shimmer (SHIMMER Women Athletes)

Japanese wrestling, currently the best product out there is NJPW. IVP Videos (Japanese Wrestling on DVD NJPW AJPW NOAH Download Puroresu Puro WWE WWF WCW ECW) is the best place to get NJPW DVD's cheap, as well as others if you're interested.

Check out Chikara if you can too. You can get their DVD's from Smart Mark Video

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Indies are what disillusioned me tbh, they exxpose the business with sub par workers doint too much and acting like people can't hear them calling out spots, and being obvious when they smack their thighs to make their kicks sound crisp. Just watch New Japan that isn't indy.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Oh and Del Rio doesn't slap the shit out of his own thigh when kicking? If the guy wants to give the indies a crack let him. On that note I really only watch PWG as they mix everything I possibly want on a show Comedy, chain wrestling, ridiculous spots and brawling. You can't go wrong with that to be honest.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh and Del Rio doesn't slap the shit out of his own thigh when kicking? If the guy wants to give the indies a crack let him. On that note I really only watch PWG as they mix everything I possibly want on a show Comedy, chain wrestling, ridiculous spots and brawling. You can't go wrong with that to be honest.

It's not so damn obvbious when Del Rio does it, I watched Michael Elgin and Adam Cole expose the work over and over it was embarassing to watch. Just saying Indies are not any better, said watch New Japan btw.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Nobody slaps his leg half as good as Tajiri.

Out of the ones I have, or had, the ROH dvd's released by Koch (Greatest Rivalries, Best In The World etc.) have some really good collections of the better years of ROH, and you get to see some guys who have made it like Kendrick, Bryan, MVP, Raven, Matt Hardy, and CM Punk.

If you watch online I would suggest trying to find episodes of Fighting Spirit Wrestling, its more like an "around the world" show that takes matches from various promotions out of Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico etc. I really wouldn't call them indy feds, but its great seeing how much styles can vary from one continent to another.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Indies are what disillusioned me tbh, they exxpose the business with sub par workers doint too much and acting like people can't hear them calling out spots, and being obvious when they smack their thighs to make their kicks sound crisp. Just watch New Japan that isn't indy.

I agree but to be fair, how much does it really expose the product when it's hardly watched except for by people on sites like this that have already been exposed and shit.

chal4oye

Reaction score
I watched Michael Elgin and Adam Cole expose the work over and over it was embarassing to watch. Just saying Indies are not any better, said watch New Japan btw.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This guy knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: Weez