Help Red get better at Art!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Salutations non-hologramic mutants.

With the new year coming up, I am doing something I haven't done. Ever.

I'm making a new year's resolution. And it's 2 parter. One is to make sure I get on here every day somehow, and two is work towards becoming a half decent digital artist.

Now let me be clear, I am NO artist. I can't draw a stickman properly but what I do enjoy doing is image manipulation using GIMP (it's like free photoshop).

So here's where you guys come in, I want to keep doing stuff on GIMP, especially do things like turning photographs (portraits) into 'paintings / sketch'. It's something I really want to get good at but I've just started so it will take a lot of practice and hair pulling.

I'm willing to sacrifice my time and hair but thought instead of doing it with random pictures online, I can do it for people that would a) appreciate it or b) hate it and tell me why.

So if you have a pic (preferably a portrait shot as I am just starting out in this type) of you, a family member or cats *cough* snake *cough* you want to turn into 'digital art', you can post it here / PM it to me and I'll get right on it.

Some notes:
---------
* I'm terrible at this, and such the results will most probably be utter crap. At least at the start. So please don't expect amazing stuff. I will give it my all though!

* I would share the artwork (and the original IF you're okay with it) on my social channels like twitter/insta/tumblr(lol)/dA and so on.

* I may not be very fast at it, as I work full time and do a bunch of other passion projects and stuff but this is something I want to make sure I do, and that's why I want the community involved because that will keep my head on.

Some examples of my 'art'. All of them are image manipulation, so either I've taken a photo and turned into something or mashed cliparts / images / shapes and made something. I don't actually draw, I tried but I could never get used to the looking at the screen and drawing on the Wacom.
The Artist (WWE took this one down sadly lol)
the-artist.png

The Love Triangle (earlier this year)
heart-trriangle.png

Setting Sun
(earlier this year)
sunset.png

Metallic Heart

metalicheart.jpg
Railing Man (Did it this week, this is the kind I want to do more of)
47166169-274147643271441-7450716774944460925-n.jpg

pexels-photo-1694881.jpeg

So if you think you'd like to help a buddy out and at the same time see if you can get a half decent pic 'drawn' hit me up!

@Solid Snake @Solidus I started it in the lockerroom but it can be moved to wherever you guys think it'll fit if this isnt the place :emoji_slight_smile:

Smoke me a kipper!

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If you want to take a walk on a more wild side, play around with Krita. It is free. I use Krita and GIMP myself.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I don't have anything right now, but I'd love to take you up on the offer. That Railing Man thing looks really good, now just imagine if my pretty face was on there

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't have anything right now, but I'd love to take you up on the offer. That Railing Man thing looks really good, now just imagine if my pretty face was on there
Hahaha that's the style I want to work on too so let me know if you find something you wanna get done.