Helmsley/MacMahon Regime

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
Alright, so we've kicked off the Helmsley/MacMahon era...version 2.0. Question is, how do we want to see this go down?
It seems for the time being we'll be getting face HHH. It's all fine and well, we know how priceless he can be as a face... just watch the promo between him and Truth last night. I'm sure there's a lot of good to come out of it, but there's one extremely sore thumb in all of this. HHH/PUNK!

I'm not quite sure what exactly Punk is right now. Face? Heel? Bad ass tweener? I think that's still remained to be seen. However for this to work I really think we need a heel HHH in the mix. What do you guys think?

Axis

Reaction score
There is no *McMahon component to this. I was disappointed by Triple H's promo on Raw, but it is too early to judge the angle overall. I'd like for Triple H to reveal the anonymous GM, let him be the face who corrects everything, and then H take a less visible role. Let him be in backstage segments every now and then to remind us that he is there, and eventually have him get into a program with Punk.

noumenon

Reaction score
Hm... my bad on the typo, that's a weird one. Did it both times too.

Anyway, the reason I brought the McMahon name into it is because I can only assume that through this at some point we're going to see Stephanie, you'd be crazy to think we won't. I get the feeling that Trips is going to be a weekly character on the programming, something that Vince wasn't able to do recently, whether because of running the show in the back or his character simply playing its course. When HHH gets into his assumed program with CM Punk I'm not sure how much actual physical contact is going to fly... it'll kind of make him being the boss a moot point. But on a side note, I don't think there was a single message from the GM last night. I'm not even sure if the laptop was present.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I think that's the role he'll take, however, I think people need to be reminded that this story will translate into the real world at some point, so Vince wants Hunter to be as visible in this role to the public as possible so that when the transition really happens, people will take it in stride.

I do believe we're in line for a Punk/HHH angle, but I think it'll come more towards the Rumble with them possibly facing off at WM. I'd much rather have Punk/Austin at WM, but I'll settle for Punk/Hunter, for sure.

Last night was actually executed fairly well, imo. You bring back JR who can sell a character better than almost any commentary guy in the history of the biz, so whatever happens with Punk/HHH, I'm sure JR's presence will make it all the more incredible.

Hunter being a face last night was him selling immediately to the crowd trying to draw people back in to the product... Raw's been doing good numbers of late, bringing back some old audiences, so it's good for business to do what they did last night. BTW, even if I felt it wasn't good to do it, that Trips/Truth segment more than settled in my mind that we just saw one of the funniest segments in the last decade (that shit toppled the best DX moments) and in turn, it really helped twist Truth's character and develop him, and hopefully does push him some more.

I also like how it builds a feud with Triple H and Miz right now... as this could be what Miz needs at this point in the year since they're not putting the strap on him. It also gives Miz some steam if he does turn face if they make Triple H look like the bad guy eventually. I think you have the potential to make both Punk AND Miz two of the most badass tweeners in the history of the E, and have it go down at the same time. That alone would make any possible Punk/Miz encounter all the more incredible as well.

Of course, I'm partially speaking on the basis that whatever business they're rumored to be doing with RoH is real... because an invasion angle with RoH could be the ultimate sell... but I think it's possible to pull all this off even without a deal with RoH... especially if Punk plays up to having the crowd and appreciating them. I still want a lot of the straight edge stuff from him (especially if there's ANY chances Austin comes into play at all) but I think him being a face/tweener would really be beneficial right now, even if Hunter is only a Heel when he's standing across from Punk... afterall, there were nights where Vince gave the audience EVERYTHING they wanted except giving Austin his title shot.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
The laptop was there, just no messages. I wouldnt even care if they just threw it out and had HHH run shit weekly. WWE thinks we forget about things all the time.

But so far so good! Raw last night was pretty sweet both of Reys matches (especally vs Cena) were pretty damn good, Ryders getting Raw TV time and putting him over Cole could be a sign that they want to push him hard as a face. The Triple H segement in the middle of the show was pretty good but the part with R Truth was absolutle gold. I was cracking up. Truth is one of the best things going in the E right now. But then that ending was fucking classic. Had I known Punk used that song back in ROH I woulda been marking from the start of the song but I didnt know who to expect at first, Then Punk walks out looking as cocky as ever and gets the crowd to go nuts for him, and that song fits him like a glove (even though ill miss killswitch engage). Wow shit was real last night on Raw. If it stays this way then we are in luck for real.

Oh yeah. Fucking JR is back on the booth!!!

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they dropped this anonymous GM thing like a hot potato. Apparently, it wasn't getting over anymore (picture that right?). But I see a new Austin/McMahon relationship all over this only this could be ten times better. Triple H being a weekly TV character can do wonders but things are still a little rocky because no one knows who's the true "good guy/bad guy" in this situation. All I know is that I don't want to miss one episode or I feel like I'm going to miss something huge, and I haven't had this feeling since I was little after watching King of the Ring 2001. WWe seems as though they are going to give guys like Cena, Punk and HHH the ball to push the edgy envelope of the PG era. IF I had to predict how this is going to go, I'd say HHH pretty much tries to negotiate with CM Punk to come back to WWE full time. Every week, Punk demands something new. One week he demands Colt, Hero, and Castagnoli contracts. Maybe another week he demands something like the name of the show being change to something revolving him and so on. HHH finally gets sick of Punks games so he tries to do everything he can to get Punk to leave but now Punk won't leave because he knows he's what the people wants. Ultimately it leads to Punk trying to keep his job until he challenges HHH to a match at WM. This all sounded better in my head haha

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Anyone get the feeling that Punk/Trips might end up being allies and Mr. McMahon returns with Stone Cold at some point to counter them?

Just a passing thought.

Man, I've got hopes for this, and I'm sure most of, if not all of them, will NOT happen... but I've also got faith in WWE for once to actually pull something off... as they've been doing the past month 1/2. The Punk promo... the PPV with him winning, last week with Vince being done... last night with Punk supposedly in Hawaii (according to his Twitter) during the show... man, I'm loving all of this.