Helms/Taker/2 Efed banners

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gangrel's Brood

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm fairly new at making sigs/banners. I've learned everything pretty much on my own but I'm still very limited with it and only got Photoshop 7.0 at the moment. I wanna get your feedback on the few banners I've made. Good or bad, I don't care. Leave some suggestions as well if you'd like.

:::NOTE::: I did use a a couple premade backgrounds in the Summerslam banner, but I did that gradient, etc. to make the colors different. The others I did on my own.

Gregory Helms

Helmssig1withborder3.jpg

Day of Reckoning (Efed PPV Banner)
DoRbannerFinal.jpg

Undertaker
UndertakerBanner2finish.jpg

PPV Efed Banner with concept of a fatal 4 way against HHH
SummerslamBanner1.jpg

I'll make some more and post some to get more feedback. Tell me which was your favorite, and the one you hated most if you want.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
That Undertaker sig is awesome, could I use it?

Wrestling Station

i noticed that you add some random effects and brushes. Try to find a trend in the banner to have a better theme. thats my advice for you.

1chiban

Reaction score
i noticed that you add some random effects and brushes. Try to find a trend in the banner to have a better theme. thats my advice for you.

Great point as always WS.

The Helms one is cool, as is the Edge e-fed banner. Not so sure about the blending and style on the Summerslam one. Plus blocking off the Rock's head is not great!

Gangrel's Brood

Reaction score

Yeah, I do just do random effects, lol. I'm not sure what everything really means, and I just click it to see what it does and if it seems somewhat cool, I keep it. I've never really been able to grasp the techniques of using/downloading brushes and all that because I'm not all that sure how they work, although I have tried a few times. Also, what exactly do you mean by finding a trend?

Fenix0505

Reaction score
my comment: eww
what you prbly wana hear: Thats amazing
Heres why: uhh it seems like its just a graphic slaped onto a few brushes and added a little effect, work on using brushes i know u have some but it seems like you only used 1 brush then left a blank background color so its just plain...
Trend = your own style instead of the basic nooby style thats how i can explain it lol... just expiriment with different things thats all yah have to do i learned a lot on my own except what i learned from tutorials on the text effects because text is like atleast 60% of the graphic..

C4

None of them are great, but since you have just started I would say good.

Why lightning brushes on two of them? Try something innovative every time you make a signature, there is the lightning brush on the Day of reckoning banner and undertaker signature. Secondly there is too less contrast and too much brightness, adjust that.

Gangrel's Brood

Reaction score
None of them are great, but since you have just started I would say good.

Why lightning brushes on two of them? Try something innovative every time you make a signature, there is the lightning brush on the Day of reckoning banner and undertaker signature. Secondly there is too less contrast and too much brightness, adjust that.

To be honest, I didn't use the lightning brush. I just got a picture of some lightning and blended it as well as I could with the picutres. That's all I do, really. Get a few pics, slap em together and add a few effects. Good call on the brightness/contrast, though. I'll keep that in mind.