"Heel" King

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Remember this incarnation of King? Anyone else miss him?
I don't even remember exactly how he suddenly became a face commentator, I'm thinking it was around the start of 2005 though, when he feuded with Hassan and Daivari. But after all these years, I kinda miss the "heel King". He wasn't completely heel, but he would stick up for the heels, and banter with JR or Cole as to justify why what the heel did was right, and all that, even if it wasn't even logical.
I thought a heel colour guy made it more entertaining, and maybe it did get stale for a while there, but fater years of face King, I'm really starting to want heel King back...
Anyone share this feeling? And regardless of how you feel, do you think it'll ever happen?

noumenon

I always think it's good to have heel/face commentary teams. It's pretty painful sitting there for two hours as King jizzes his pants over Cena and Cole talks about how amazing Smackdown is and randomly spouts BATISTA BOMB!!!!

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Heel King was awesome. He is a great heel. I loved the last heel thing he did for One Night Stand 2 against Tazz. It was great. I would love to have that back. I think Tazz could probably pull off a heel color guy pretty well too.

Moonlight Drive

I'd love it back, as long as it makes sense. Not just a random turn or something, swap him with Striker since we all know he hated old ECW, that gives him a character.

Character > Face/Heel

Airfixx

To me the change started when they began regularly bringing Coach in the booth as well when Bischoff was running Raw... Coach gradually assumed he heel role and left King in limbo.

As for the return of heel King, yeah, it would be worth a go as it's pretty painful now to watch Lawler (particularly when paired with Cole - WORST booth in WWE!)... He just seems liked some prozac'd up idiot. That said, I think he's just past it now.

Bloodopera

Reaction score
i thought Tazz was moving slowly in a heel position from what i heard the last couple of weeks

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I thought King was going face before his divorce and whatever rape he was accused of at the time when Heyman took over his job. It was Heyman, wasn't it?

It's been a lot longer than 2005. He was a face before Evolution kicked up, wasn't he?

IDK, I'd love to have him back as a heel. Especially because his jokes are fucking hilarious.

"Pinning Viscera is like climbing an active volcano. By the time you get up the mammoth, he's not tired anymore, and you are. So when he erupts, you better hope you can roll down fast enough."

Great One

No, 2005 is right. He turned face in the Hassan thing, then more when Triple H "killed" Ric Flair's career, which like AirFixx said, was mainly because of the insertion of Coach.

Jay Swagger

Reaction score
Heel King is better than face King obviously but i really dont care for King. WWE should have heel/face combo of announcers on every show, at least TNA is TRYING to do that, but idk if DW can pull it off.

Reaction score
Lawler is wasted as a face commentator. Lawler in the attitude era was hillarious. Although "the puppies" wore a little thin. It makes no sense having two face commentators.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
King should be a heel again without question, not just because he is a better heel, but because he is just awful as a face. He can't bag on the heels at all, and when he talks about Jericho and says how he can't even comment, shows he just can't pull it off. Cole is also a better commentator when he has a guy next to him bagging on him as well. So if they turn Lawler back, the commentating as a whole should improve vastly