Heel Hardy, and a fued with Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day, with whats happened before and at WM24...

With Hardy's suspension over drug use known fairly well throughout the wrestling community, and everyone knows of Punks outlook on drugs. Since it was fairly apparent Hardy was going to win the MiTB, before his suspension, could we see/would you like to see a Punk/Hardy fued, when Jeff returns?

Even though this is highly unlikely, Hardy could help (HELP!) push Punk a little throughout the year in a fued over drugs - ones strongly against it, the other just got suspended for using them. Hardy could claim 'Punk only won MiTB cause I wasnt there, if I was there you wouldnt be MiTB, I would be...". WWE could use this to burn Jeff a little, over his drug use, and promote the straight edge superstar.

thoughts on this idea? would you like to see it? you think its even possible, Hardy being a strong enough heel?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I think it is quite genius. This could be one of those real life storylines that works. I don't think it will happen, but I would love to see it.

The problem is that Hardy is so over as a face, that they wouldn't change him. But if someone else gets suspended, they could have a similar feud with Punk.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, I gotta say, it could be great.

As long as the druggy Jeff Hardy gets beat down, bloodied, ect. I'm cool with it.

I'd like to see Austin/Punk fued, since Punk is Straight Edge, and Austin is a Beer Drinker

Reaction score
I think it is quite genius. This could be one of those real life storylines that works. I don't think it will happen, but I would love to see it.

The problem is that Hardy is so over as a face, that they wouldn't change him. But if someone else gets suspended, they could have a similar feud with Punk.

Thatd be the biggest problem rite now - if you had Hardy make a surprise return and beat down Punk, itd have to be pretty brutal, for a lot of people to boo Hardy, lol.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^Yeah, I think people would definately rather boo Punk than Hardy. It could come off, but it would also have to be done in front of the right crowd. Like Chicago.

Evil Austin

I think that this feud would do well but in my opinion I see the following happening.

- Punk cashing in some time this year gets wwe title
- Hardy comes back has some random feud for a little while
- Punk beats Orton in a return match
- Punk somehow turns heel
- Hardy goes to vs Punk
- Punk retains the title and than some time in 09 Cena or HHH beats him.

The Rated R CMStar

I think that this feud would do well but in my opinion I see the following happening.

- Punk cashing in some time this year gets wwe title
- Hardy comes back has some random feud for a little while
- Punk beats Orton in a return match
- Punk somehow turns heel
- Hardy goes to vs Punk
- Punk retains the title and than some time in 09 Cena or HHH beats him.

That would make little to no sense. The feud should be as soon as Hardy comes back, with his return being a vicious attack over CM Punk, then basing the feud on that Punk won because he wasn't there.

As for the drugs/suspension thing, they could not say it, but hint it, with having the actual feud based on just Hardy saying that CM won because he wasn' there, and Punk can throw around that he wasn't there because he wa suspended because of you know, using them.

C4

That could turn out into a brilliant storyline but would they expose all of Jeff Hardy's drug usage on Television? I don't think so, yes they did that on the official site but I highly doubt that they will reveal his drug usage on Television and if that doesn't happen then the feud won't happen.

They could use another angle like the one you mentioned "If I would have been there, you wouldn't have won" type of thing. That would look good as well.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I really doubt Punk or Hardy would turn heel. Hardy's moveset is too appealing to WWE fans, and if CM Punk turns heel, I don't know how they could do it, because WWE officials like him because of his gimmick. The best thing I can see is having Jeff, Punk and some young heel, like Kennedy, feud for a title shot.

kingovkings

Reaction score
cool storyline it would be wicked if it happened but i don't think it will for 2 reasons. 1st Jeff is way way 2 over with the fans and i don't see the fans turning heel heat on Jeff over Punk TBH punk's popular and all but nowhere near enough for ppl to care for him over Jeff. 2nd i don't think wwe will air jeff's drug use with some many young kids mad on him plus its not a route that they will really wanna go down with the wellness policy and that.

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
I can't remember a time where Jeff Hardy was ever heel, I think i remember him turning on HBK in a match (Not too sure, so if anyone knows correct me) but that only last one week i believe. So a heel Hardy would be interesting.It isn't impossible for a Face vs. Face feud either.

MikeRaw

Ya it could work... In a world where people thought wrestling was real..
But the problem is:
1-as some have said, theres no guranteeing Punk would be over more than Hardy... I heard more Y2J chants in Punk vs Jericho than CM Punk chants..
2-Also , some Wrestling fans are druggies just like Jeff lol, so why would they cheer for Punk as if he was a good guy when they can relate to Jeff?

Trying to force Punk as the good guy and Hardy as the bad guy has a good chance of backfiring just like Cena/Orton, where people liked Orton... But you also cant make Punk the bad guy cause that would make the druggie look like he''s right..
I think you just have to have them both as tweeners, sort of... Just start the feud and see who the fans cheer for, and it will probably be split in half, which could work...

fteezy

Reaction score
while everyone feels like this storyline could work.. i highly disagree, and i'll tell you why - just cause the fact that WWE is trying their hardest to get out of the attention of the media when it comes to drugs and the last thing they want to do is tease the issue. Eversince Benoit's death - I'm very sure that we will never see any drug-related storylines in wrestling (atleast anytime soon). WWE already tried this story before with Jake Roberts & The King back in 1996 I believe and it didn't work - Roberts didn't feel comfortable and stated that it doesn't help the person who was once addicted to that lifestyle - it just makes it worse. The last thing Jeff Hardy needs in his life is any negative attention towards what he did becuz who knows what state of mind he is in. You gotta think about that aswell. Eversince he suspension and his house burning down, he's probably trying to change his life around and get rid of all that pain - he's not gonna wanna be reminded of that so I'm sure he'd refuse to take up on that kind of roll. Hardy couldn't be a heel newayz - it just wouldn't work. Thats like trying to turn Rey Mysterion into a heel. lol it just wouldn't work. This whole storyline could not possibly work at all.. if this was yeeears ago - and was someone else other than a major fan favorite like Hardy - then maybe it could work; but Hardy playin a drug addict bad guy? Nah no chance in hell! Actually, if they would even consider trying that feud out - I think CM Punk would get the worst out of that deal becuz Hardy is soooo wel over and let's face it - we live in a sick society so who's to say that half of the sick WWE Fans wouldn't cheer Hardy doing whatever he did - nobody knows what drugs he took to fail the test - for all we know it could have been weed - and even when RVD got suspended for that - the fans still cheered him and his situation lol.. even I did! Its like trying to take CM Punk and have him badger Hardy for drugs that he's tooken.. Punk will be the one looked at as the heel - just like everyone is think Batista is the heel for badgering HBK for retiring Flair.. it wont work people. Dats just my opinion - but hey I could be wrong - what do I know?!