Heat on Brock Lesnar Already, Marine Thanks WWE, Matt Hardy Legal Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcs88

Reaction score
- TMZ has updated their story on WWE pulling Randy Orton from The Marine 3 after Marines complained about Orton receiving a bad conduct discharge in 1999 after going AWOL twice. Cpl. Mike Vinn told TMZ:
“On behalf of all the Marines from Aco 1/4 98-02, that were outraged to hear about Randy Orton portraying a Marine in the next movie “Marine: Homefront”, I’d like to thank the WWE for pulling Orton from the role when they heard about his disloyal service to the United States Marine Corps. It shows respect for not only the unit I had served in, but for every person that has ever defended this nation. Thank you WWE.”

- Matt Hardy was scheduled to be in court on Monday for his 2011 arrests but got a continuance until May 14th.

- PWInsider reports that there are already WWE talents not too happy about Brock Lesnar returning, likely for similar reasons they weren’t happy with The Rock coming back.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Boohoo, maybe they should learn how to get over with fans and how to draw a dime.

Lesnar is a great talent who would also have no problem beating any of those guys asses.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That Brock report is typical.

As for the Marine thing, I don't really know what to say. I don't really understand the military culture so maybe I'm not in the position to speak but I can't help but feel like they've just got a hair up their arse.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The people whining about Brock can seriously cry me a river. That was unquestionably the best Raw in years.

Then again, these reports are often not very credible. If there's no specific wrestler's name attached to such comments, I always take it with a grain of salt until they have the balls to voice their displeasure directly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The people whining about Brock can seriously cry me a river. That was unquestionably the best Raw in years.

Then again, these reports are often not very credible. If there's no specific wrestler's name attached to such comments, I always take it with a grain of salt until they have the balls to voice their displeasure directly.

Which would never happen, Brock is an animal and could fuck any one of them up. They'd be too scared to say anything to him directly.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
sssssssshhhhhhhhhh quiet, you're ruining my bait.

AF.

Reaction score
Obviously guys aren't going to like Brock. Rock is more likeable, but both are back in similar roles (couple matches, big WM Main Events). And people are going to complain about things regardless.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If people didn't like Rock for leaving the business, christ knows what they think to Brock hightailing it...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The whole Brock thing... take that with a grain of salt, toss it over the shoulder, and not even give it a second thought. Those rumors spread every time anybody with some sort of name returns. But I do think in this regard there could be some heat based on how Brock originally left and now he is back so its just that hate for that... but of course that will simmer down and disappear quickly.

The marine thing... very understandable. I mean think about it. You have a guy that deserted twice, a dishonorable discharge from your branch of the military... and now he is going to be starring in a movie representing your branch? That's like a slap in the face and disrespectful. Yeah Orton is a big time name, a huge star, and would have helped the movie sell well... but this is a principle of the matter. He deserted the Marines and to represent them in a movie is just not the right move because of his past. So yeah... I agree with the Marines being upset about it and Orton being cut from the movie. Orton could easily star in another WWE movie.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Orton should go to the papers about this if he has to :hm:

Reaction score
Really it's Marine 3, a third addition to a lack luster film that no one is probably going to watch. I understand them not wanting him in the movie but honestly, it's not like anyone would have put that together. Oh well, fuck Randy Orton anyways.. Get someone like Mick Foley, a true patriot haha

Aniking

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if there are actually guys in the back who aren't pleased with Brock returning as it means another spot is taken from them. I'm sure we'd all be disappointed if we were in their shoes, but from a business standpoint it's without a doubt the best decision.

Not signing Brock just because it means a talent loses a spot is a decision that lacks logic. Brock Lesnar is a big name, bigger than when he left the WWE years ago, so surely the rest in the back can understand what having The Rock and Brock Lesnar back brings to the viewing. Laurinaitis and Eve talk about people power, well this is definitely what the people want.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Seriously if the report is true the guys complaining should spend less time complaining and more time trying to get over with the fans so that the E don't need to get in the likes of Rock and Lesnar for ratings.

BDC

Reaction score
As for the Marine thing, I don't really know what to say. I don't really understand the military culture so maybe I'm not in the position to speak but I can't help but feel like they've just got a hair up their arse.

He was dishonorable discharged for going AWOL TWICE. Not much to understand. The military culture IS you follow the simple rules. Otherwise our military isn't worth a dime. I'm not sure what ORTON'S problem was, but apparently he finally learned to follow some flippin' rules. Of course, in the WWE, it's all about his pocketbook. IN the military, it's only about the well being of the troops around you.

And MICK FOLEY, Hells yeah! I'd watch that!

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm so glad Orton was taken out. I've been a Marine Corps child my whole life. I've lived on Marine Corps bases up until I was 15. Even though it's not a "blockbuster" movie, just the thought of having someone who quit the Marines playing one was disrespectful to me. People who aren't closely related to the Marine Corps may not be affected much, but people like me who are were completely outraged.

I think someone like Jack Swagger or Cody Rhodes will get it now. Hell, Edge cut his hair, give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.