Health Nuts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Kind of figured this one might go well on a sub-forum of a wrestling site. I don't know if I'm the only one here but I'm kind of a health/fitness nut. I try to eat just about as healthy as I possibly can...follow a decent workout plan..stay in shape ya know.
I suppose this would be the place for people to go ahead and post their diet and workout routines... talk about health issues and maybe even give some guidance to those looking to shed some New Years pounds.
I'll post my workout on here as soon as I get a chance...

Reaction score
I'm with you. I've been a gym goer for years now. I'm obsessed actually, but it's necessary for my line of work.

noumenon

Absolutely... ya gotta do it...if not to be healthy at least to look good..lol.

I'm actually a personal trainer as a side job. Honestly I overweight until I was about 19. I started hitting the gym really hard and eating right. As soon as I saw those first 20 pounds fall off I was hooked.
I used to be very into mass building workouts and building as much muscle as I possible could. I recently altered my workout...back in September I believe.... to drop about 15 pounds of bulk for a leaner look.
When I get around to it I'll post up my diet/workout program.
This could be a cool thread for all of us gym rats to compare...lol.
And as I said, seriously. If there is anyone here who needs some pointers on how to shed some unwanted pounds definately don't be scared to ask. Be glad to help...been there, done that.

Travis40

I eat McDonald's like every day since that's the only place I usually have time to eat at since I'm at baseball from 2:15 to 6:00...so when I get out, I'm usually tired and just go to McDonald's, I know it's not good for me, but I've never gained weight and I always work out :yes: I need to quit being such a "fatass" :laugh:

The Rated R CMStar

I go to the gym, but I don't do much weights to avoid my growing process getting cut short.

I mostly do cardio.

Reaction score
I attend the local gym every weekday - three days attending to weights and my core section, and a dose of cardio on my "rest day".

I am currently building muscle with a basic overall workout inc. chest press, reverse seated row, DB chest press, lat pulldown and squats - and complete the workout focusing on my core with leg raise, prone hover and cross-arm crunches.

I'll continue with this until at least mid-February and may change to cutting after that.

Guess where the influence to attend a gym came from? :)

Moonlight Drive

I do my best to eat healthy and as for 'working out' I've got a home gym thing I try to get to every day, and walk down to the beach most days, so there's my cardio.

Well, I have a question for you health nut folks. I was talking with my dad about it, is it better to do more reps or to have heavier weights?

Reaction score
They are two completely different ways of working out.

Heavier weights and less reps = bulking ie. building up muscle.
Lighter weights and more reps = cutting ie. losing fat off the bone and toning the muscle.

It depends on what you want to achieve.

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I am a fitness freak myself.

I exercise every day, I punch my boxing bag for around an hour or more, I ride my exercise bike for around 15-20 minutes, go for a run/walk. I used to go on the weights machine at my schools gym twice a week at lunch times but for reasons i haven't been able to, I might try get into it again this year.

Reaction score
^TAB, nice f'n avatar! I love Megadeth. Rust In Peace is practically a religious text to me because it is truly sacred..

Here's the real question for all you gym nuts:

How many of you actually do deadlifts and squats?

noumenon

LOL....speak not to me or my currently aggrivated groin pull about dead lifting and squats.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
How about some tips for a newly quit smoker who wouldn't mind getting back in shape?

Mostly cardio tbh. The biggest issues though are; I'm not willing to buy a gym membership or really any equipment that is costly because I cannot guarantee my continued usage. And I'm not entirely sure I'd enjoy running right now as it is winter and -20 (Or -35 like it is today) isn't really conductive to running anywhere.

I'm sure I'm being picky here but if anyone has any ideas, I'll be more than happy to try them.

Evil Austin

Why don't you do what we did and get a spare room and have like a home gym. I have a bench pressing place with a mat underneath it for emergency if I have to quickly drop the weights from a high spot and it won't crack the tiles.

And I have a few bars and hand weights to go with it. I know it can be costly but I think ... I think in the long run it is actually cheaper then playing say 30 os so dollars a month to keep your membership going and this way you just pay like 200 or so dollars for the bench and thats about it for unlimited useage.

We used to have a decent sized tredmill in the room too but that was hardly used so I just gave it to my friend for about 150.

noumenon

Congrats on quitting smoking... I was a smoker myself till about two months ago.

You'de be suprised how simple getting your cardio can be. I recommend to people who don't quite have the endurance to get a proper cardio workout running yet to start out with lots of jumping jacks.
You'll burn roughly the same amount of calories doing a decently paced jumping jack set as you would doing sprints. Another bonus is that they're also great for you legs, arms and core if done properly. And of course...you don't need a gym membership to do them.

Jumping rope...yeah.. I know, most guys don't wanna do it. But...great cardio...does worlds for you coordination and great for your calves.\
Remember, cardio is defined as any workout that involved your heart and lungs and simultaneously benefits more than one part of your body.

Can't jog? run in place...works great as well.