Head writer fired over the weekend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
PWTorch has learned that WWE's latest head writer Jay Gibson was cut by WWE CEO Vince McMahon over the weekend.

Sources believe the change was made on Friday, which would have been the day after WWE released 11 talent as part of the first wave of internal changes.

Monday's Raw was the first WWE TV show without Gibson, which led to more of McMahon's fingerprints on Raw, including his brand of humor that included a spiked coffee, a bathroom scene, and multiple vomiting on recurring target Vickie Guerrero.

Overall, McMahon is spearheading changes to reduce payroll as part of the fall-out from underwhelming initial results for WWE Network and a disappointing TV contract renewal with NBC Universal.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_79064.shtml

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this weeks RAW. But it was obviously a bit chaotic. But that makes it a bit more fun

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Immediately, we notice a huge improvement. Raw was awesome.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Writer shake up in WWE? They have these like twice a month.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I thought tonight was remarkably better, but mainly because the last two or three weeks have felt kinda flat outside of the Cesaro segments and the segments surrounding HHH, the Shield, etc.

Tonight's show had more segments that popped. It also had the "cheap humor" with Steph being sick and throwing up on Vicki, but that's worth it (we had the same kind of humor in the AE, but it was well-used, like it was tonight). Besides, tonight was the debut of the next top-tier talent in WWE.......Stardust!

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just from reading the results this show felt like it was a lot different. They had 3 straight dirty finishes to start the show, and the first two REALLY got over that Ambrose was really pissed off (even though they had to beat Ziggler in the process, lolwwe) and BNB actually having a finish that could get him some heat in a weird way. Then if Vince was running the show, I can't believe they actually let a Sheamus match not end in a Sheamus finish. All of this seemed to be really good imo.

Again there was the vomit jokes... with Roman Reigns, which associating him with stupid shit seems like the dumbest thing you could possibly do... but this time... it actually worked. :blackshock: It showed Roman Reigns was a clever lil' dude who can come up with his own way of getting in the MITB match. Plus it's another GM getting fired, who can complain about that?

There was more backstage stuff, more chaos, and more interest. No matter how much the IWC may think this is a bad thing, our wrestling-heavy Raws recently have clearly not been enough to hold our interest. This kind of show should be a much-needed change of pace.

Still, stretcher matches suck a fat one.