HD = Bad Idea?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

In addition to WWE performers being told that they can no longer verbally call their spots in the ring and they must work stiffer because of High Definition broadcasting, they are no longer allowed to have spray tans. Shawn Michaels and Ken Kennedy were said to be two superstars that were culprits of this lately as the spray tans can run and cause obvious distractions to viewers watching in HD.

========================================================

This has got to be get on the nerves of the wrestlers. How far will these new changes go? Is it worth it? Myself as a fan, are now looking at the flaws in the wrestlers, and at the crazy amount of make up they wear.

CenaMark54

Well it looks like the pushes will start to go to the younger "camera friendly" superstars with natural tans. It sucks to be a bald, aging superstar.

I guess we will see quite a few botches without the wrestlers being able to call their shots.

Anyway, I guess I don't see the point. Its no different than watching from the front row at a live event and the WWE was never concerned about that.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I read various places that said its not that they cant call their shit in the ring, they just cant be lazy about it. HD is great looking stuff, but its not like it's an all seeing eye. There is a way to cheat it. There is a way to cheat anything. And really, everything will be in HD within the next 2-5 years so better to embrace the future now and work out the kinks.

Poor guys cant get spray tans, who gives a shit. All HD is going to do is eliminate LAZINESS in the ring.

Soulpower

All HD is going to do is eliminate LAZINESS in the ring.

This.. Actually, one of the main culprits in calling out spots is the all-mighty, never wrong, ALWAYS PERFECT, HELL, GODLY HHH! And even he managed to make the adjustment last night and have his three matches without calling anything.

It really won't take that long for wrestlers to adjust. And spray-on tans are just dumb, ever heard of the Sun?

HHHforever

Reaction score
That spray tan thing is idiotic because 2 weeks ago, before they went to hd, I could tell on my little 17 flat screen in my dorm which doesn't have near the quality of an hd tv that Kennedy was clearing spray tanning. Either that or he had a ridiculous amount of make up on cuz that shit was running way down his forehead. So I don't really understand how they're going to complain about that since a half blind 80 year old woman on a crappy tv probably would have been able to see that. I don't get all this complaining about the adjustments with HD, don't they do live shows? I mean all these things can easily be seen live, so I think that everyone is overacting. Overall it was a good choice imo and I thought it went very well and I personally really like the new set.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Thing iz its change and it new and beacause of that some ppl gonna bash it regardless, I thought the new set was mint looked good, at the end of the day they are trying to move with the times and as stated above nxt few yrs everhing gunna b in HD so why not adust now rather than later. And if the main probs are spray tans taking a bit of a stiffer shot and calling spots in the ring then things arnt 2 bad and wrestlers should adjust pretty quickly, they can always whisper more quietly or hide the call with there hair like trips does(saying that he did pretty well not making calls this week lol) And get a decent spray tan that doesnt run.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea the tanning thing is the dumbest excuse ever. Have you ever heard of a tanning bed? From looking at HHH or Orton they look like they tan in a bed and not with that fake spray on crap like Kennedy did. So go to a tanning bed and don't use spray. Also the calling spots thing isn't that bad. I thought the matches were all pretty good last night and I didn't really see a difference so I'm sure that they'll be able to handle this over the long term.

The Rated R CMStar

Meh, pretend you are insulting each other and instead call the spots. Can't be that hard.

As for tan lines, just use the god damn tanning bed. Or don't tan, follow Trevor Murdoch example, IMO

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I in no way, shape, or form watch wrestling to look at men, but if they switch to the Trevor Murdoch look wreslting will be very, very hard to watch haha.

the dark knight

some of you are talkin as if 5% of us here watched it in HD..

The Rated R CMStar

The question we should be asking is: Do we care if HHH, Kennedy or HBK tan? Are the tan lines actually worthy of being discussed?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Hahaha probably not, but I agree though it's not really important at all, but apparently we're all very bored right now. As long as we don't have a bunch of Trevor Murdoch's running around I won't complain.

The Rated R CMStar

I mean, does an HBK vs Kennedy match would be affected on any way if they happened to have tan lines? No, it doesn't matter. WWE should be focusing on other things