Have an opinon on Randy Orton? Nobody cares, but post it in here anyway!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
If ever there was a second most hated man in the IWC its Randy Orton. I just deleted pretty much a page in the Cena thread so lets just throw it all in here. Thanks to Munk for giving me the idea.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
I'll be the first one to get his view of Orton out there.

Randy Orton is going to be one of the best. His in-ring work is amazing. Lately it seems that Orton has been taking it easy with the craziness backstage, with his main event slot and all. He has a finisher that's being recognized more and more every week as a very devastating manuever. He has a great look that he was born with. He gets a lot of reaction no matter where he goes. His mic skills need just a little tweaking, but he does a decent job as is.

This guy, imo, is going to be the next Triple H.

CenaMark54

Randy Orton...Quite possibly the most underrated in ring performer in the WWE.

The guy is the best seller in the WWE right now hands down. He has the uncanny knack to make others look like gold in the ring.

Also, the way the guy can work a crowd during matches is unbeleivable. There hasn't been one match over the last two years where he wasn't able to stop the crowd from chanting his name and cheering for him. His matchup with Cena will be a true test.

I could care less how he acts on his personal time. By all accounts he is well liked by anyone who matters backstage, Cena, HHH, Batista, Stephanie, etc. There is no telling how high he can go.

Orton winning the title soon is a must. Cena needs a long term nemisis besides HHH. They need a readymade feud they can go to so Cena isn't squashing the Umaga's and Shitsky's of the world. Orton is finally back to where he was in 2004 after three years of being gradually depushed. After his initial push with Evolution he has paid his dues. Its time for Orton's destiny to be fulfilled.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
This guy, imo, is going to be the next Triple H.

That spot is allready taken by Edge my friend...

Orton's ring skill' are above avarage, but not that Amazing... You can still see he needs a bit of a guide at times but he's getting better.

His Attitude leaves a lot to be desired though, but if he works at that he should be allright... not amazing but decent enough to Main Event for the next few years.

Soulpower

Randy Orton...Quite possibly the most underrated in ring performer in the WWE.

*Sighs* Randy Orton is.... You know what, forget it.

Dairydude

Reaction score
Randy Orton has what it takes to be great, he just dosen't use it.
Whilst Dean Malenko was the man of 1000 holds, Randy Orton is the man of 1000 Rest holds... per match.

I like his whole 'psychotic mauler' thing he's got going now, but I can't look past the fact that any great match he's been in, has had an equally great wrestler on the opposite side of the ring.

Maybe in a few years he'll be great, but right now he's upper mid card at best

The Rated R CMStar

Randy Orton is good, not the best in-ring performer but still one of the best WWE has right now.

The recent problem his character was getting is that Orton can only sell the arrogant heel character, not the maniac destructuve heel, but WWE thankfully realized it and now we are seeing a mixture of both, with Randy arrogant speeches and attitude and psychotic actions like the RKO on the chair.

He may not be as good as a heel as Edge, but that is because you always hate Edge, but there are moments where you kind of cheer for Randy, but he always have the ability to make you stop cheering for him.

And last, he has survived every damn mistake booking and writters have made with his characters. He survived the poor face turn and title run, the completely burying by Undertaker, the fact that he have not won a singles title since that World Championship, the little twists of his characters, and still he has been able to mantain in the Main Event

kingovkings

Reaction score
orton is good but the next HHH he aint there wont b another trips like there wont b another hogan taker austin rock foley flair ect if you are that good and get 2 the stage were you are that big then you dont wanna or need 2 be classed as the next who ever if you do the job right you end up being a star or icon in your own rite!!!

Reaction score
Meh, he's ok. He's not the best in ring performer but he has solid mic skills, so that counts for something. He's just really bland to me, but I would rather have him hold the title over Cena so whatever.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
ok......

what i like about Randy Orton:
1 his finisher... tell whatever u want, the RKO is one of the best around in WWE atm
2good mic skills, not that great
3has a good look, one (stupid) reason i don't like some wrestlers r their look
4apart the rest hold argument, he has some pretty good moves
5 has a solid character
6 his signature pose, is a good taunt

what i don't like:
1can't carry a match on his own, at least for what i've seen,he needs at least a decent performer as opponent, if not his match r annoying
2 the 10000 holds, yes he uses too much

notes: imo he is not the God or the rubbish that some ppl think, i'd rather seeing him winning the title at SS, Cena has lasted too much, atm i don't see any other deserving the title so..
i could not care less about the un-professionalism,HBK was often an ass
out of the ring in his early carrier, we still love him.

Reaction score
Randy Orton is and will be a great superstar for the WWE. That being said, there are many things that I don’t really like in him. For one thing, his holds! I think he does the holds for almost half the match and they can not only get boring but pretty annoying as well.

Orton has a bright future in the company but that doesn’t mean that he will be the next Triple H.

Anyway for the match at SummerSlam, I am hoping that Orton will be the new WWE champion because at least he doesn’t get dominated in a match and always win at the end.

samborambo

Reaction score
Orton has everything needed to be one of the top superstars in WWE for the next 5-10 years, If he can behave backstage. His heel work of late has been of top order and although he could be a better in ring general (will come with more experience) he has a great finisher, Great look and can sell as good as anyone right now. A good title run at this moment would tell us just how far he has come since his last run which was to premature.