Has Smackdown replaced Raw as the premier WWE show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Sorry I meant forget Swagger and Ziggler for the IC title. How many more times can they face Kofi, honestly. I think it's time for Kofi and Rey Rey to switch positions on the card for a while as well.

Well, you're right there. Kofi needs some new opponents. Perhaps they can have him involved with Justin Gabriel or something as The Corre try to get all the belts or something? However I fear they won't do anything meaningful with him for the time being though as he'll probably be in MITB at 'Mania. Having the secondary champions in that is such a stupid idea, the IC belt SHOULD be defended at Wrestlemania but it means nothing anymore.

LSD

Reaction score
Smackdown has been GREAT lately. I just hope it continues past Mania season! As far as being the flagship show, far from it. As long as Smackdown is on Friday, which is really difficult to obtain viewers, they will be the lesser known brand. That being said, because the adversities they face with their time-slot, they are putting out a great product to try and bring people in!

comicstar100

Reaction score
Smackdown has matches, actual full matches. Raw may be the flagship show and have bigger angels but Smackdown has wrestling. I'll take that over a show that has people jobbing to the Cobra any day of the week.

Axis

Reaction score
Smackdown has matches, actual full matches. Raw may be the flagship show and have bigger angels but Smackdown has wrestling. I'll take that over a show that has people jobbing to the Cobra any day of the week.

That used to be the valid response, and it was completely true. The thing is though, Smackdown no longer has their roster of great TV guys to put on good matches every week. They used to have CM Punk, Matt Hardy, John Morrison, Chris Jericho Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, or some combination of that putting on weekly matches with each other--pretty much from 2007 to early-2010. They just don't have that anymore. They try every now and then with Kofi, Swagger, Edge, and Ziggler, but those guys do not put on the quality of TV matches that the others did during that period. At this point, it's just holding onto good times.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Even before that, you had era's of the SD6 and their respective climb into the ME serving up great TV matches, but I agree, you get just as many good matches on Raw these days.