Has NXT become a brand viable to RAW and SD?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Simple question really where you ranking NXT?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If we're going viewers.. I mean it has to be RAW > NXT = SD.

If we're going straight quality of product.. I'd say it looks like this NXT > RAW > SD

Either way yes it's viable to RAW & SD!

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In terms of sheer quality maybe. But the quality of a product is completely subjective and down to the personal taste of the viewer.

Objectively, if NXT were put up against Raw or Smackdown on weekly television, it would get absolutely slaughtered in the ratings. According to George Barrios (Chief Financial Officer for the WWE) a few months back, it can't even outdraw Main Event on the Network: http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe...network-content-password-sharing-subscribers/

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
In terms of sheer quality maybe. But the quality of a product is completely subjective and down to the personal taste of the viewer.

Objectively, if NXT were put up against Raw or Smackdown on weekly television, it would get absolutely slaughtered in the ratings. According to George Barrios (Chief Financial Officer for the WWE) a few months back, it can't even outdraw Main Event on the Network: http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe...network-content-password-sharing-subscribers/

If I'm being completely honest, Main Event has had some decent episodes out of the last three months, plus you see a lot of people that you don't normally see on the flagship shows because they don't really have any storyline.. The 2/17 episode & the 3/10 episode in particular were fairly entertaining.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Fuck the viewership of RAW and SmackDown, NXT would still be/is way waaay better when it comes to the product.

Reactions: Leo C and Red Rain

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Fuck the viewership of RAW and SmackDown, NXT would still be/is way waaay better when it comes to the product.

I would go a bit further by pointing out NXT doesn't get the exposure or advertising of the main roster and that is likely why main event gets better ratings.

Honestly, I didn't watch it for the longest time and I'm always looking for more wrestling to watch. It was the guys here at the forum that convinced me to watch it and I'm glad they did.

But when stories on Raw and Smackdown overflow into Main Event, it's no surprise that Main Event has more viewers.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
no lol. it is small potatoes geared toward marks. If it gets bigger the product will change and said marks will start to bitch and lose interest.

Vince McDonald

The Artiste
Reaction score
Remember when CM Punk said "the business would be better when Vince McMahon is dead?"

NXT is a pure, god-given example of that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Remember when CM Punk said "the business would be better when Vince McMahon is dead?"

NXT is a pure, god-given example of that.
Again, there is a lot more going into why people like NXT than just no Vince. If NXT was on a larger scale, you wouldn't enjoy it as much. HHH knows who is watching NXT and he knows what you want to see. It is a very small audience and he can easily cater the show for you. If NXT grew and became bigger they would start to change the show for a wider audience and broader appeal.

I did LOL at the bolded part though. Forget JBL, HHH is the true wrestling god.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Again, there is a lot more going into why people like NXT than just no Vince. If NXT was on a larger scale, you wouldn't enjoy it as much. HHH knows who is watching NXT and he knows what you want to see. It is a very small audience and he can easily cater the show for you. If NXT grew and became bigger they would start to change the show for a wider audience and broader appeal.

I did LOL at the bolded part though. Forget JBL, HHH is the true wrestling god.

Truer words might never be spoken. The appeal of NXT is the small scale production and match focus that appeals to the only ones of us that watch it. To put it on a larger scale would push away those fans.

I've thought before that it is deliberately a consolation offering to the fans who don't watch WWE because of the storyline and production focus. Like WWE is telling them: "you don't watch us because you don't think we are wrestling focused? How can you say that? Haven't you watched NXT? No?! Well you should! It's on the WWE Network for only..."

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Triple H understands NXT attracts the independent fans who want to follow guys like Kevin Steen, El Generico and Pac through their careers. They tend to that audience rather than the brands that attract casual fans like RAW and SmackDown. NXT would be a total drain of money, time and resources if it were to be on a big stage in big arenas on a major TV network. Quality wise, it will without a doubt drop if more and more "casual" fans that watch RAW and SmackDown began watching. They make up the majority of wrestling's audience and NXT will have to tend to them and it will all be over. It's good where it's at, it's good for those people who know everyone their and their roots, without that it ain't much.