Has anyone else here been following the Ukraine/Russia crisis?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The U.S. has absolutely no credibility. We say, there will be consequences for Benghazi, then CNN scores an interview with the lead suspect and nothing comes out of it. We tell Russia " There will be consequences if you give Asylum to Snowden (whether or not you think he is a hero is up to you) Russia does, and we do nothing. We tell Russia don't make nuclear weapons or there will be consequences, they do, and nothing. It's getting to the point people are just rolling their eyes at us every time we puff our chest.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The U.S. has absolutely no credibility. We say, there will be consequences for Benghazi, then CNN scores an interview with the lead suspect and nothing comes out of it. We tell Russia " There will be consequences if you give Asylum to Snowden (whether or not you think he is a hero is up to you) Russia does, and we do nothing. We tell Russia don't make nuclear weapons or there will be consequences, they do, and nothing. It's getting to the point people are just rolling their eyes at us every time we puff our chest.

Because our chest is about as big as Zach Gowen's.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The entire American economy is at risk.. oil won't do much good if the dollar collapses. I agree that it would be good to get that power and asset out of Russian hands.. I just think that NATO and the EU could handle it from this point forward but Obama (and I support most of what he's done or tried to do in this country) keeps sticking his nose out there.
Quite the contrary really. I'll give Obama major credit for making the call about the Bin Laden deal, but he is more timid compared to the over zealous Bush.

Reactions: edge4ever

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Quite the contrary really. I'll give Obama major credit for making the call about the Bin Laden deal, but he is more timid compared to the over zealous Bush.

I agree.. I give him major props for the Bin Laden thing and I agree that he is timid most of the time... a little too timid really... but I think he is really pushing this for some reason.... something doesn't feel right to me. I don't know.. I could possibly be wrong.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I agree.. I give him major props for the Bin Laden thing and I agree that he is timid most of the time... a little too timid really... but I think he is really pushing this for some reason.... something doesn't feel right to me. I don't know.. I could possibly be wrong.
We'll see, but I expect more of the same from us as a country, all talk, no action.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Russia invades russia? :lol1:

I saw/heard somewhere that Russia controls 90% of the natural gas supplied to Europe (or the world, I forget which) - but there is 0% chance of anything happening IMO. Russia would decimate most if not all of Europe, the only chance we would have would be gettign some of the trident nuclear subs anywhere near the black sea to launch some nuclear ICBMs, at which point our gas gets cut off. Not happening :lol1:

And America's threats are about as meaningful as mine.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Yes, and nothing will happen. If anything does, it's gonna be a major "my dick is bigger than yours" war...so a second cold war.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Russia invades russia? :lol1:

I saw/heard somewhere that Russia controls 90% of the natural gas supplied to Europe (or the world, I forget which) - but there is 0% chance of anything happening IMO. Russia would decimate most if not all of Europe, the only chance we would have would be gettign some of the trident nuclear subs anywhere near the black sea to launch some nuclear ICBMs, at which point our gas gets cut off. Not happening :lol1:

And America's threats are about as meaningful as mine.
It's more like 75%, but that works both ways. They only control that much of Europe's intake because they supply it the cheapest. Europe can move to a more expensive supplier and boom Russia has lost 75% of their sales, but Europe won't do that. The rest of your post was pretty clueless so I won't respond to that.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I have a feeling that I should care about it, yet I have even more feelings that I shouldn't care about it because at the end of the day it doesn't affect me, and it just happens while I'm just sitting at home watching anime and playing video games. Not like I can do a damn thing about it, nor would there even be justification.
This isn't true at all my friend. This could, potentially, start World War III. This mean it could affect you and can/will affect the world economy. There's a lot of potential hell that can break out whenever any war starts.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Welcome to far left America at its finest.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
This isn't true at all my friend. This could, potentially, start World War III. This mean it could affect you and can/will affect the world economy. There's a lot of potential hell that can break out whenever any war starts.
Yeah I don't care.

Reactions: edge4ever

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
All I know is once/if they attack a Nato country is when it gets interesting...And I move to the Falklands