Has anyone else here been following the Ukraine/Russia crisis?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm fascinated by it to be honest, although it's probably the wrong way to feel about it, but it's the way its portrayed by different media outlets. It's obviously not surprising that different outlets treat it differently, but it just opens your mind about world media.

Anyway, anyone following it enough to discuss it without pure ignorance? I thought it was amazing timing by Russia. They just had the games which promoted equality and world peace, then goes and invades Russia for 100% business reasons.

Reactions: Swift

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Well Russia has China behind them and essentially the power to destroy the American dollar as the world's major currency. The parliament/counsel in Crimea just came to a decision to separate from Ukraine and join Russia. US slaps sanctions that don't really mean shit on Russia... gives 1 billion dollars of aid to the Ukrainian government and then the EU comes right behind us and gives them another 15 billion. Nothing going on over there is making much sense to be honest... it's a huge mess and America needs to back off... let NATO and the EU handle that mess and get back to handling the current mess in our own country.. That's what I know and what I think.

Solid Snake

History always repeats itself, only this time, with more people and weapons, more is at stake when everything crumbles.
If you look back in history, all great empires fall and 90% of the time it is over something stupid. People need to learn to accept each other and be civil...
But we all know that isn't going to happen. When it comes to this world, these people, the hate... World peace is a pipe dream.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
History always repeats itself, only this time, with more people and weapons, more is at stake when everything crumbles.
If you look back in history, all great empires fall and 90% of the time it is over something stupid. People need to learn to accept each other and be civil...
But we all know that isn't going to happen. When it comes to this world, these people, the hate... World peace is a pipe dream.

Agreed

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling that I should care about it, yet I have even more feelings that I shouldn't care about it because at the end of the day it doesn't affect me, and it just happens while I'm just sitting at home watching anime and playing video games. Not like I can do a damn thing about it, nor would there even be justification.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Well Russia has China behind them and essentially the power to destroy the American dollar as the world's major currency. The parliament/counsel in Crimea just came to a decision to separate from Ukraine and join Russia. US slaps sanctions that don't really mean shit on Russia... gives 1 billion dollars of aid to the Ukrainian government and then the EU comes right behind us and gives them another 15 billion. Nothing going on over there is making much sense to be honest... it's a huge mess and America needs to back off... let NATO and the EU handle that mess and get back to handling the current mess in our own country.. That's what I know and what I think.
I admit the US could have a lot to lose, but they certainly have leverage themselves. It's in their interests to acquire Ukraine as an ally for the same reasons Russia are invading and dismissing the newly formed government. Russia are pretty desperate because there is thousands of miles of oil pipelines beneath Ukraine, and if they were compromised, how big of a financial backlash could Russia face? It also explains why Russia can get away with what is a very rash invasion that would be punished if it were anyone else. Why? Because the majority of Russian oil exports are to Europe.

People need to think of countries as companies. They're businesses.

Solid Snake

I hate to do this...

But I've got some bad news for you... EVERYTHING is a business, including your birth. You are an object to the ones in power, nothing more. You actually have more active freedom in a sense than us American's have. The whole process of birth, the ssn, birth certificate... Its all just labels to say we are owned property of the US. Yeah I likely sound crazy, but read into it, it'd blow your mind.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I admit the US could have a lot to lose, but they certainly have leverage themselves. It's in their interests to acquire Ukraine as an ally for the same reasons Russia are invading and dismissing the newly formed government. Russia are pretty desperate because there is thousands of miles of oil pipelines beneath Ukraine, and if they were compromised, how big of a financial backlash could Russia face? It also explains why Russia can get away with what is a very rash invasion that would be punished if it were anyone else. Why? Because the majority of Russian oil exports are to Europe.

The entire American economy is at risk.. oil won't do much good if the dollar collapses. I agree that it would be good to get that power and asset out of Russian hands.. I just think that NATO and the EU could handle it from this point forward but Obama (and I support most of what he's done or tried to do in this country) keeps sticking his nose out there.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The entire American economy is at risk.. oil won't do much good if the dollar collapses. I agree that it would be good to get that power and asset out of Russian hands.. I just think that NATO and the EU could handle it from this point forward but Obama (and I support most of what he's done or tried to do in this country) keeps sticking his nose out there.
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it must be exaggerated media, because I don't think the entire American economy is at risk at all. It's more America sticking their nose in than Obama, and it's a nose that if you stick in far enough and succeed, then you can not only get vast financial reward, but significant power over Russia.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I hate to do this...

But I've got some bad news for you... EVERYTHING is a business, including your birth. You are an object to the ones in power, nothing more. You actually have more active freedom in a sense than us American's have. The whole process of birth, the ssn, birth certificate... Its all just labels to say we are owned property of the US. Yeah I likely sound crazy, but read into it, it'd blow your mind.

I agree I have read many things about this. I have actually looked into sovereignty and possibly going through the process. I know a person doing it now who is about 75% through it. He has offered to help me once he finishes.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it must be exaggerated media, because I don't think the entire American economy is at risk at all. It's more America sticking their nose in than Obama, and it's a nose that if you stick in far enough and succeed, then you can not only get vast financial reward, but significant power over Russia.

We, nor anyone else, will ever have any power over Russia as long as China is behind them.