Hardy's "accident"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Basically, just give your thoughts on this whole thing.
How do you think the angle was pulled off, and what it will lead to (although I think we all have a pretty good idea, don't we?)
Is it just me, or would it be cool to have a champion other than HHH, batista, Cena or Taker who doesn't have to be constantlly put through underdog angles, and/or attack angles?

What I mean is, ya, it's cool that it will most likely lead to Christian's return, but other than that, it's kinda stupid. I'm just a bit tired of every champion who isn't HHH, taker or Batista having to be Mr.Underdog, or subject to attacks, in order to get them over.

Thoughts on how Hardy's been put through all these attacks and such?

MikeRaw

^:smh
What an awful, usless post, lol. As I said, we already knows it leads to Christian most likely, so you would think you could contribute in some other kind of way, by actually, you know, answering the questions.

CT Styles

You edited the post.

If Hardy didn't need to be put through the underdog shit they wouldn't do it. Batista, Cena, etc. are believable champions who don't need to look like an underdog. Hardy needs it, it's his first reign and needs a head start. I personally think he's a transitional champion and will drop it to someone so he can feud with Christian.

D-K-L

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of this Jeff Hardy situation. I'll be glad when he loses his WWE Championship.

Anyway, I have a slight feeling that Matt Hardy could be responsible for the attacks on Jeff, acting as the jealous brother if you will. I mean, think about it? Jeff Hardy is the more popular Hardy brother.. Fans cheer more for him than they do Matt.

Note: It's just a theory, but will most likely be Christian who's responsible (hopes that is true) for the attacks.

MikeRaw

you edited the post.

If Hardy didn't need to be put through the underdog shit they wouldn't do it. Batista, Cena, etc. are believable champions who don't need to look like an underdog. Hardy needs it, it's his first reign and needs a head start. I personally think he's a transitional champion and will drop it to someone so he can feud with Christian.
^I guess in some ways it's true that it helps him, but it's still repetitive and "lame" with the underdog stuff.
They either need to stop putting the belt on guys who have to act as underdogs, or, try building them up equally.
I'm a bit tired of the same old stuff though.

Oh, and as for the last part, about you saying he would drop it so he can feud with Christian, I agree he would feud with Christian, but I don't think he will drop it firs.t I actually see him feuding with Christian while he has the belt.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
This is turning into probably the worst title reigns in a long while. There's no development what's so ever, this storyline is confusing and he'll probably lose it at RR. First with that horrible "car crash" footage then tonight with the fireworks going off in his face. I just want this reign to end now, first we got a little change up with a new champ and it's just being thrown away.

I don't know who to point the finger at Jeff or the writers.

Reaction score
Christian.

Yeah - that might be a less-than-insightful post Mike, but does one need to say anymore?

The car accident was so-so, and did the "exclusive camera phone footage" add anything new?

I like how Edge mentioned in his little segment how he was out to prove Jeff Hardy's title reign was just an accident. Freudian slip? Unintentional?

I just hope they don't fuck up CC's return! Something extravagant will do nicely.

Reaction score
I only thought of one thing when it happened:

Every time Jeff speaks it's a catastrophic train crash, so they use cheap tricks like this to prevent him from speaking on the mic.

Can't say I blame them though.

CT Styles

Mike said:
Oh, and as for the last part, about you saying he would drop it so he can feud with Christian, I agree he would feud with Christian, but I don't think he will drop it firs.t I actually see him feuding with Christian while he has the belt.
So Cage comes in Jericho style with an automatic title match at No Way Out or 'Mania?

Reaction score
I only thought of one thing when it happened:

Every time Jeff speaks it's a catastrophic train crash, so they use cheap tricks like this to prevent him from speaking on the mic.

Can't say I blame them though.

He's not a standout mouthpiece, fair enough - but his opening promo with The Undertaker in Manchester last year was intense and beautifully executed.

Then he defeated 'taker cleanly later that night and the twisted gimmick was officially over. It was one of Nero's finest moments.

The Rated R CMStar

It was good to his standards, but compare that promo to HHH's worst and HHH's is still better.

This reign was doomed since day one as I said so. The only thing that would have saved a Hardy reign was the glory of a WM main event victory, but since that didn't happen, we are stuck with 6 weeks of boredom with Edge barely wrestling, seeming desperate for some reason and a champion who can't cut promos and for some reason, even though as challenger he defeated HHH and Taker, as champion he only defeats Big Show...via count out.

Hardy isn't championship material. Not only does he is the complete opposite WWE needs as champion right now, but he cant even carry himself like a champion.

Edge needs to become 7time World Champion at RR or we are doomed.

C4

Hardy's been put through all this for some huge storyline that they're building up and it's likely to have Christian involved. I know they're making him look like an underdog but they have no other choice other than that because Jeff Hardy has no talent.

Christian was jealous of the success that Hardy had or something like that. And yes, Jeff Hardy is a transitional champion as well. :p

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just watched Smackdown( I love how my local Fox carries it now) and I was thinking for one how they pull this off without hurting him because that can't really be easy to do with fireworks doing all that crap. Anyway I am sorta half and half on it. I would rather be seeing Hardy fight week in and week out instead of having something happen to him. But I like it cause it might lead to a good little feud with Christian and Hardy.