Hardcore title/matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin_316

Reaction score
Over the past few years WWE have decided to rip the fun out of their matches and completely remove the hardcore matches and just bring in the street fight every so often. I know they decided to bring in ECW for the extreme hardcore matches but its not the same with them not on Raw or Smackdown. I think they should bring back the Hardcore title so the champ can defend it on all the shows so the interbrand matches would be more exciting especially the hardcore 24/7 of years ago. Your thoughts?

Airfixx

To me the hardcore title got very boring very quickly...

Crash 'super-heavyweight' Holly was amusing, Al Snow was at times hilarious, but that's about it for me...

I'd rather watch good wrestling matches than see peeps hitting each other with dustbins and tin road signs.

Reaction score
The "hardcore" matches from way back when were for comedic purposes and not very interesting. In fact, most hardcore matches are very redundant. The first true bare back,(pardon the expression), thumb tack bump I ever saw was Orton vs. Foley 4 years ago. I was shocked. Sting and Ric Flair taking the bump at an advanced age was surprising. Otherwise, it needs to stay shelved for a while.

humankiller99

Reaction score
they wont bring it back until they go back to being tv 14. this tv-PG shit SUCKS

and they cant blade anymore which SUCKS even more. BLood is what makes wrestling good. vince is a pussy for putting this in effect

Reaction score
I agree, they need to raise the rating level back to where it was. This PG crap is ridiculous.

Hardcore title was ok, though I'd rather see the emphasis go back to cruiser weight wrestling first. They don't have enough, but the cruisers they have atm are very very talented.

Kofi Kingston
Jamie Noble
Cody Rhodes
Funaki
Kendrick
Super Crazy
Evan Bourne
Elijah Burke

Most of them are great talents and most of them need the kind of push that I think a cruiserweight title and division could give them.

humankiller99

Reaction score
i agree before they even consider a hardcore title, they need to bring back the CW title. id put it on evan bourne(matt sydal) first. he is amazing.

then give dreamer the hardcore title

Austin_316

Reaction score
Interesting i think that Funaki is a waste of time though and should just be a reporter as he is just a jobber now which is pointless.

Reaction score
The Cruiserweight title will probably never see the light of day again. We've all watched WWHHH long enough to know what they think about wrestlers who aren't muscled-up meatheads.

Soulpower

Hardcore matches should NOT be brought back. If we had hardcore matches on every show, they would lose some of their luster after a while.

What I would like to see is every ECW title match contested under Extreme Rules. It would give the ECW title matches a different vibe, and they would only be used on PPV's (Since the ECW title is rarely defended on tv).

CenaMark54

Hardcore matches should NOT be brought back. If we had hardcore matches on every show, they would lose some of their luster after a while.

What I would like to see is every ECW title match contested under Extreme Rules. It would give the ECW title matches a different vibe, and they would only be used on PPV's (Since the ECW title is rarely defended on tv).

I agree with the first part of you statement. The reason Orton/Foley and Edge/Foley were so great was because we don't get to see it all the time anymore. They should be reserved for special feuds.

Which is why I disagree with the second part of your statement. If every ECW title match was under hardcore rules, we would get a hardcore match like 10 or 11 times a year. The matches like Orton/Foley and Edge/Foley would just be another match. How are we supposed to beleive that Foley's life will never be the same again if Mark Henry fights a hardcore match every month of the year?

Switchy

Reaction score
Well imo hardcore matches should be reserved for those "special" feuds because as it's already been said, if there was a hardcore match every week, it would make a hugely hyped match that is hardcore, not as big as it could be.

As for the ECW title thing it would be nice to see because it would bring something new to the table but at the same time as CM54 said, it also makes the "big" HC matches less special. If WWE still did the sperate-brand PPV's then it would be different and I would be all for ECW title matches being defended in HC matches but it would have to be a no for now with the tri-branded PPV's.

drewH

Reaction score
I like to watch hardcore matches