Halloween Ends (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

Universal Pictures has released a much better trailer for Halloween Ends, which brings the 40+ years franchise full circle for the alleged final battle between Michael Myers and Laurie Strode.

The trailer harkens back to John Carpenter’s original Halloween with a handful of shots mirroring the slasher classic, while we also get more Jamie Lee Curtis, who is famously missing from most of Halloween Kills.

The new trilogy is jam-packed with irritating new mythology and this trailer injects a few more morsels, including Laurie’s realization that maybe Michael can’t die unless she does. She also warns that this incarnation of Michael Myers is the most dangerous yet! Sure, Jan.

“After 45 years, the most acclaimed, revered horror franchise in film history reaches its epic, terrifying conclusion as Laurie Strode faces off for the last time against the embodiment of evil, Michael Myers, in a final confrontation unlike any captured on-screen before.”

The studio and filmmakers promise: “Only one of them will survive.”

Halloween Ends comes to theaters and Peacock on October 14.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Epic conclusion except everyone has admited the search for more money will continue

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Ayo that Trailer was fire. Michael hanging out in the Sewers for 4 Years like he's Pennywise:mj4

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just watching this right now, those first 10 minutes were masterful :blessed That's got to be my favourite opening from the new Halloween movies. It was totally unexpected the way it plays out. Just good shit to open it up. Top tier atmosphere too.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Well.. :shrug:

Just got finished watching and not gonna lie I wasn't a big fan of this movie. I do think Halloween Kills was better. I thought the opening was really well done, middle parts are very slow burn (which I don't mind) but often times felt very middling here. The final act though was pretty awesome. I just felt most of the movie could have been skipped and wasn't all that interesting. Saddens me to say. I will say though that some of the kills were absolutely fantastic, so if you're just going in looking for some creative kills they do a good job there. Jamie Lee Curtis was badass as usual and shows off a lot of her personality in this one, so I did appreciate that aspect too.

Michael Myers takes a backseat in this one until the final parts. It reminded me a lot of Friday the 13th: A New Beginning. Most of the kills weren't him. I wasn't all that invested in the Corey character otherwise I may have enjoyed this aspect of the movie more. I just felt a bit robbed I guess wanting to see Myers more. The Laurie and Michael final battle was awesome, so I did feel that was worth sticking around for at least.

That DJ tongue kill was brutal. By far my favourite in the movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Well.. :shrug:

Just got finished watching and not gonna lie I wasn't a big fan of this movie. I do think Halloween Kills was better. I thought the opening was really well done, middle parts are very slow burn (which I don't mind) but often times felt very middling here. The final act though was pretty awesome. I just felt most of the movie could have been skipped and wasn't all that interesting. Saddens me to say. I will say though that some of the kills were absolutely fantastic, so if you're just going in looking for some creative kills they do a good job there. Jamie Lee Curtis was badass as usual and shows off a lot of her personality in this one, so I did appreciate that aspect too.

Michael Myers takes a backseat in this one until the final parts. It reminded me a lot of Friday the 13th: A New Beginning. Most of the kills weren't him. I wasn't all that invested in the Corey character otherwise I may have enjoyed this aspect of the movie more. I just felt a bit robbed I guess wanting to see Myers more. The Laurie and Michael final battle was awesome, so I did feel that was worth sticking around for at least.

That DJ tongue kill was brutal. By far my favourite in the movie.

Yeah, I fully agree... it could've been so much better, a lot of missed opportunities.

Halloween 2018 > Halloween Kills > Halloween Ends

Reactions: Marty McFourth

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I concur I'm very disappointed.

if your going to do the tutor thing at least keep that guy alive. Though just don't in the first place. The mystic eye thing dumb. That beginning setup an epic movie that didn't happen. The old sheriff being a cameo felt off. The grand daughter falling for the psycho felt forced. And the whole narration being part of a book felt like Roseanne I'll say I think it's the worst of anything with the name halloween attached to it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero2
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
ebJCdBL
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just got back from this. COMPLETELY understand why it was divisive considering what I'll discuss later. I honestly really enjoyed it. I'll need another watch once it releases on 4K, but I think it's my favorite of the Gordon Green/McBride trilogy. Again, completely understand why some folks are incredibly put off by it but for me I was waiting desperately for Green & McBride to do something different considering it feels like they shit on the sequels only to just take the best parts of them.

They took a wild ass swing and for me... it worked :banderas2

Yes, 80% of the movie isn't about The Shape. I think if this was coming right after 2018 I'd be against it, but Kills to me suffered from way too much Michael and this felt like a breath of fresh air. Also, I found Corey to be a compelling lead, script seemed a lot better, Green's directing was off the charts... just a lot I liked although Old Man Michael getting absolutely wrecked by Corey was a little tough to stomach.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Oh boy I just finished Halloween Ends and I can first say this the Opening Scene of this Film might of been one of the best when it comes to Horror and it really got me going with this Film. Now I know it's going to be divisive because of what they did with this Film including Corey but honestly I enjoyed this Film way more than the previous film even though the Kills in Halloween Kills especially the Firefighter POV Deaths were really great to including Michael. Time to dive into the spoiler stuff people.

Okay so first the Corey angle in this I really enjoyed. It showed how powerful to me Michael's evilness is that he could turn someone like Corey to that by the end of the film. Now granted he might of been on the edge way before the meeting with Michael but it's one thing to be angry at the World but to take to the next level where you're killing people including your Mother that is off the charts psycho. It made sense for me Corey being able to handle himself vs Michael because he's still not at full strength and I would say Michael is not at full strength when he fights Laurie but he thought to himself he had enough to take out Corey and whoever was in his way. Also some of Michael's power was inside him they won't flat out say it but it is and I was fine with that but the Rookie got his in the end.

Allyson to me went backwards at times as a Character for me. She never got to mourn her Parents and Friends if you think about it between the 2 Films and it seems like she wants some kind of hope in her life. Nothing is going right at Work, her love life or life in general so when Corey comes into it she wanted to hold onto it for dear life which is why at times she clearly didn't see how disturbed Corey was as they were together especially during that Scene in the Diner. I wonder what would of happened if Allyson didn't come back for Laurie, because I imagine Laurie dies with Michael and it would of sent her a even darker path because of her not listening to Laurie. I understand the purpose of that stupidity with Allyson but it was frustrating to see her completely forgot everything she's been taught.

Now to Laurie man she was great in this. She's a veteran of this Game she can smell evil from miles away and I loved that Scene she had with Corey where is rocking on the Chair back and forth hoping for him to make a fool so she send him to Hell. Always trust your gut and your instincts and that is what saved her throughout this film. I was like hell yeah Laurie get that dumb ass Corey, and once again for her handling herself vs Michael late in the film. She's like this is my house motherfucking I'm coming with everything I've got I'm not letting you survive no matter what. The Death of Michael and how brutal it was loved that as well. It needed to be for Haddonfield people to finally try to move on from the dark Cloud Michael has had on the Town for many Years. Evil never dies it changes shape so in a decade from now or Corey has survived and he is carrying the torch of Michael's evil because I can't see this Film being the last evil Halloween Film for the rest of my days that is for sure.

Crash

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is spoilers but I will hide it just in case.

I respect that they tried to do something different, but when you're doing something different with a franchise like Halloween it's difficult and the result is not always good. To me the movie reminded me of Halloween 2 by Rob Zombie, he also tried something different, but it wasn't good it was just very confusing and weird, not in a good way. I didn't "hate" or even dislike Halloween Ends, it just felt like it could've been so much better.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
what a weird movie, cool ideas at times but def not great last 15 mins was good tho

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
FB_IMG_1665843004370.jpg

My thoughts too gentlemen!

• Haha
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Easily, and I mean EASILY, the WORST Halloween entry by far, and that’s saying a lot when part 6 and Resurrection exist.

The movie hopped around, tried to make us give a shit about some Corey guy, did not even come close to giving any kind of closure on the Laurie/Michael story. How can you get closure when he’s in the movie for a total of like 10 minutes???

Without giving much away (not that anyone should care, this movie is complete dogshit), Michael is suddenly a fucking ninja turtle, except he’s presented as a weak bitch. Some characters come and go, the ending was lame and felt rushed just to “get to the end”, unlikeable characters…not many deaths in it, but, even the ones they did have were mostly lame.

It was a story that didn’t make much sense and didn’t make me feel like wow, Laurie finally closed this chapter of her life and can live on in peace.

It was basically the Jason Goes to Hell of the Halloween franchise.

My heart belongs to A Nightmare on Elm Street and I swear to fuck, if they ever do this kind of shit to the next one (one’s been in development for a while now), I’ll throw my fucking tv out the window. The 2010 reboot was trash, but, they at least kept to the main story and they made Freddy what Wes Craven originally intended him to be. Still, if it’s not Robert Englund, it’s not Freddy and it can suck my balls. It wasn’t as bad as this movie, though, my god, the only good scenes were the flashbacks from part 1.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Man this was like watching an old wrestler being thrown in tags because they can't work like they used to anymore.

First they start, get some shine, then the rest they on the apron while other people work and then they get the finish but they kind of botched it, but the audience have too much respect so they clap anyway.

Reactions: Swamps