GTA Trilogy Remastered

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
I already know there are going to be issues on switch. The only games that work properly on switch are first party ones.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I already know there are going to be issues on switch. The only games that work properly on switch are first party ones.

Yea, about the Switch version. These are the screenshots apparently:

GTAIII_Switch_Retail-6-1024x576.jpg

GTAVC_Switch_Retail-3-1024x576.jpg

GTAVC_Switch_Retail-5-1-1024x576.jpg

GTASA_Switch_Retail-1-1024x576.jpg

GTASA_Switch_Retail-4-1-1024x576.jpg

Looks more like the older versions, not got as much fidelity as the other screenshots. I'd wait on it. Truth be told, I shouldn't be pre-ordering it on PS4 either, but I'm not very smart :lol Nostalgia gets me all the time

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Switch is going to be plagued with performance issues, pop in, lag, motion blur and everything else that makes it only good for rpgs, platformers and animal crossing. Maybe I'll wait til I can get my hands on a PS5 and get it on that instead...

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Some general thoughts as someone who bought these Day 1 :hayden3

- San Andreas looks the best graphically. Followed by Vice City and GTA 3. Naturally the most modern one of those games ended up looking the best. Vice City looks amazing though, especially at night. They've added a ton of neon lights to buildings. Feels so much like Miami now. The water has also been massively improved.

- Despite the above, I'm still very happy with GTA3 and the changes they made. It still retains the murky atmosphere Liberty City should have whilst having plenty of noticable upgrades. The buildings look SO much better.

- Character models are hit and miss but they look a lot better when you're actually playing the games. Tommy doesn't look as weird in motion. Some of the NPC models feel rushed, but majority I've been fine with.

- The checkpoint and mission restarts are game changers. Failing a mission and being able to instantly restart with your weapons and vehicle still there makes these games 10x easier.

- Driving still feels like old titles, but has a bit more weight to it. It's not quite GTA V driving, but feels better-ish. Your car still blows up when you tip over though :souness~1: I hate that, but I think @Chris might be happy with that fact.

- UI and mini-map are very nice. My only gripe is they used San Andreas menu sounds for all three games.

Overall it is a lovely treat for old school fans. New players might want to wait until it goes down in price as they may not like them if they are expecting GTA V type quality. They have done some lovely work with the environments. I'm very happy with it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
$10 in taxes :fuckthisshit

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Sucks they decided to wait on the physical release. I have my preorder in but I may end up cancelling it if a lot of the bugs don't get fixed.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I bought it for the PS4 and I'm really seeing anything all that different from the other rereleases.

Unless I have the old rerelease and I'm out $80.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I bought it for the PS4 and I'm really seeing anything all that different from the other rereleases.

Unless I have the old rerelease and I'm out $80.
Most of the problems are on Nintendo Switch, and PC. Hell, the PC version had the "Hot Coffee" mod underneath.

Game was released half-assed. I understand that this is a collection of 3 open world games, but fuuuck how did these get past QA?

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Most of the problems are on Nintendo Switch, and PC. Hell, the PC version had the "Hot Coffee" mod underneath.

Game was released half-assed. I understand that this is a collection of 3 open world games, but fuuuck how did these get past QA?

Because the porting was done by some s****y company called Grove Street Games. All they do is port games. Mostly to mobile. And they have a team of 20*. 20 people. To port 3 open worlds games. Of course it was a failure. It was destined to be a failure from the start.

*that's the whole company. 20 people in the company. But I assume everyone there was involved with the port job. Well....some of those 20 are probably admin so less than 20...

Last edited:
Reactions: InSaNe

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Personally haven't ran in to any bugs yet :cockykid

Definitely would say it's not worth £60 to most people, I'm getting my money's worth