GSP Tears ACL, Out For Ten Months

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
@Dana White
GSP blown acl will be out for 10 mos. Now Condit vs Diaz for the interim welterweight title on Feb 4th in Las Vegas!!

Obviously a HUGE loss right there. I'll post more details when they come out, Dana literally posted this about 15 mins ago.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
yeah I just saw this posted on another site too. Man this sucks. Was really looking forward to GSP vs. Diaz.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it was going to be an awesome fight, it's disappointing but these things happen. I don't even know who i want to win between Diaz and Condit now.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
This absolutely sucks.

Part of me thinks this fight is going to be another Rivera vs. Sakara, and will never happen.

Deuce

Reaction score
This is terrible! I want him to make an early return but an injury like that is hard to recover from. I hope Diaz and GSP will happen once he makes his return, it would be incredible.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
GSP ducking Diaz again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Several weeks had elapsed before Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) discovered that instability in his right knee was actually a torn ACL and meniscus.

The UFC welterweight champ hyperextended the knee during a wrestling practice while preparing for his fight with Nick Diaz at UFC 143.

However, he exhibited few of the symptoms of an ACL tear and didn't get confirmation of the injury until Monday, when his personal doctor relayed the results of an MRI.

The long-reigning titleholder today assumed responsibility for perhaps pushing his recovery from a previous knee injury too swiftly, and he warned he'll have the last word for those who criticize him.

"Right now, a lot of people are saying bad things about me because it's easy to hit a guy when he's down," St-Pierre said. "Life goes up and down. Right now, I'm down. A month ago, I was world champion, and I was on top of the world. Now I'm in a downfall. But you recognize a champion from how he comes back from a loss, not how he is when everything goes well.

"And everybody that says bad things about me right now, mark my word, right now I'm in a downfall in my life, but in a few months, I'm going to be back stronger than ever, and I will be champion again. This, I promise my fans."

St-Pierre, who won't actually surrender his title during the layoff, has yet to decide who will perform a reconstructive surgery on his right ACL that is expected to keep him out of action for six to nine months.

"I know Georges has the discipline and the determination to be back to the same level of competition that he was before that injury, said Sebastien Simard, St-Pierre's personal doctor.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terrible that this fight is off. GSP hasn't fought since April this year and now won't be fighting until late 2012 so in the end it will be about a year and a half between fights for him. Was looking forward to this fight since I thought that Diaz was an outside chance. Hopefully he heals up properly so we can see him fight Diaz and Condit.