Grim Rants About Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Just gonna do this all here because I know people seem to love my rants when I watch classic wrestling, so let's do the thing, and have a grand old discussion about some random thoughts I have when watching wrestling. :garrett

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Well, first things first, this may come off as an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy Billy, Chuck, & Rico as a group. They clearly got chemistry, are having fun, and tbh they were a *really* good tag team. The way it ended left a super bad taste in my mouth. I mean, you didn't have to completely portray them as gay if you weren't gonna go all the way; could have just left them as intentionally ho-yay for the heel heat. I dunno.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well, first things first, this may come off as an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy Billy, Chuck, & Rico as a group. They clearly got chemistry, are having fun, and tbh they were a *really* good tag team. The way it ended left a super bad taste in my mouth. I mean, you didn't have to completely portray them as gay if you weren't gonna go all the way; could have just left them as intentionally ho-yay for the heel heat. I dunno.

Agreed 100% they were a great act and made the gimmick work so well. They were doomed from the start once it stopped being just implying they're gay to planning a full on wedding

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Also speaking on the same show (March 25, 2002, the infamous Brand Split Draft), what the fuck was the point of breaking up the Dudley Boys in 2002? What exactly did it accomplish? Bubba Ray Dudley teamed up with Spike Dudley and had a worse version overall of the tag team, meanwhile, D-Von Dudley went nowhere in his singles run and floundered as a jobber until the Dudleys returned. Just one of those mind-bogglingly stupid decisions from the writers and Vince.

Not to mention their breaking up made Ric Flair look like a total knob when he could have picked both guys but instead opted to draft only one of them? :reigns3 You're fucking kidding, what was Flair expecting?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't think Flair could have picked both tho, I remember only the nWo were allowed to be picked together bc they decided to go all in on breaking up tag teams, APA was another one and the weeks prior they were talking about how it was the last time we could see some tag teams together

Non-kayfabe it was dumb especially with hindsight but I also think both could have done better with their singles runs and WWE dropped the ball hard before teaming them back up

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I don't think Flair could have picked both tho, I remember only the nWo were allowed to be picked together bc they decided to go all in on breaking up tag teams, APA was another one and the weeks prior they were talking about how it was the last time we could see some tag teams together

Non-kayfabe it was dumb especially with hindsight but I also think both could have done better with their singles runs and WWE dropped the ball hard before teaming them back up

It doesn't make sense to me especially considering Billy & Chuck were taken together; although you could fairly argue they were the champions. I think it was an awful decision overall and really hampered their WWE run in the end.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It doesn't make sense to me especially considering Billy & Chuck were taken together; although you could fairly argue they were the champions. I think it was an awful decision overall and really hampered their WWE run in the end.

I don't think it's anything to argue, Billy and Chuck were drafted together as champs and nWo as a group bc Vince favored them were the on-screen explanations. Unless I'm forgetting a tag team that also went together but I think even the ones that did stick together like the hardys were drafted separately. But agreed it doesn't really make sense why they'd do it lol like Vince clearly drafted D-Von to spite Flair when it would have been smarter to take half of another tag team lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Man, Eddie Guerrero in 2002 is so weird, dude. When he re-debuts he's got a very clear American accent, but as he shows up more and more, his iconic Hispanic accent starts to grow. There's an episode of RAW (April 22, 2002), where he's on commentary and it's like the perfect halfway point between "Latino Heat" and "Lie, Cheat, Steal!" Eddie; he's throwing Spanish words, he's got a half-Hispanic accent, and he's enjoying life with Jerry Lawler.

Man is it so surreal.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Man Scott Hall in 2002 is so sad but also really entertaining. He clearly knows he's gonna be fired, but he's still so fucking good at just everything. Wrestling, selling, facial expressions... If Scott Hall was clean I have no doubt he'd have been so much better then. Still on April 22, 2002, and it's Hall & X-Pac vs. Austin & Big Show, and just the way Scott Hall moves, he's so graceful, so elegant, and he just clearly loves wrestling so much despite his demons.

Reactions: Chris

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Man Scott Hall in 2002 is so sad but also really entertaining. He clearly knows he's gonna be fired, but he's still so fucking good at just everything. Wrestling, selling, facial expressions... If Scott Hall was clean I have no doubt he'd have been so much better then. Still on April 22, 2002, and it's Hall & X-Pac vs. Austin & Big Show, and just the way Scott Hall moves, he's so graceful, so elegant, and he just clearly loves wrestling so much despite his demons.

You know I love everything about this post…I love that dude…. Damn shame but at least he survived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Billy, Chuck and Rico were an amazing group. And lowkey, Charlie Haas and Rico were a favorite team of mine as well when they were around.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Billy, Chuck and Rico were an amazing group. And lowkey, Charlie Haas and Rico were a favorite team of mine as well when they were around.

Rico was a pro, the gimmick was hit or miss with how outlandish it would be at times but man he was great at whatever asked

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I really wish WWE put all the OVW tv on the network so we could see what the Ricos, Bashams, Dinsmores, etc were doing before they were called up and given a gimmick that would never properly get over (or in the case of Dinsmore, just be one of the worst things ever). Doug Basham especially always looks *really* good when he shows up on the Velocity episodes I've been seeing.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
May 20, 2002 RAW

(Quick aside, RIP British Bulldog, should have gotten a ten count, not just a video package at the beginning)

More nWo talk but what the fuck was WWE (they officially changed names on May 6) thinking in making Booker T a member of the group? Out of all the guys you could have chosen to be the Jobber of the group, there were far better choices... like the Big Bossman, or fuck, even Test would have been a solid choice. All it served to do was add an unnecessary wrinkle to the whole BookDust storyline. God this is so frustrating. I already miss Scott Hall since he's been fired and Kevin Nash still isn't back yet. Just more lamentations of what could have been.

Also another aside, what the fuck is up with this rapist Heyman angle they got going. Being Uber creepy around Lita and Trish Stratus is uh, not fun to watch? Let's go with not fun to watch. I get he's supposed to be a slimy dirty heel, but ffs, have him just be an annoying fuck.

It's not even two months and they already turned Ric Flair heel too. God what a waste, two heel authority figures, who ever could have seen this coming? :rolleyes: There was an opportunity for Flair to be just the cool babyface that didn't take anyone's shit, but instead they have him turn on Austin the first chance they could get. What an utter waste of both guys' time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
June 3, 2002

Alright, I'm turned around on Booker T being in the nWo. Guy's fucking hilarious with his banter with X-Pac while Big Show is corpsing in the background. Kevin Nash looks like he's playing babysitter and that's honestly hilarious. Goldust also desperately wanting to be in the nWo is funny too. Of course, this is the episode where Shawn Michaels comes back and promptly kicks out Booker T after not even a month in the nWo. Absolute shame because I was legit starting to have fun with this particular group.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris