Greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Round 2 Part 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Match #1
#13 - WGTT
[YOUTUBE]v0tw-zHugfY[/YOUTUBE]
VS
#14 - The Hart Foundation
[YOUTUBE]UV-EI9V_OD4[/YOUTUBE]

Match #2
#3 - Legion of Doom
[YOUTUBE]U-Lov12NoCs[/YOUTUBE]
vs
#35 - LAX
[YOUTUBE]UPCdpljNkG0[/YOUTUBE]

Match #3
#4 - Harlem Heat
[YOUTUBE]-wrtT6uEe5w[/YOUTUBE]
vs
#29 - Londrick
[YOUTUBE]KlB_e4HB5UM[/YOUTUBE]

Match #4
#7 - Midnight Express (Eaton & Lane)
[YOUTUBE]ARMUoleNpKM[/YOUTUBE]
vs
# 20 - The British Bulldogs
[YOUTUBE]qoxxYgcq7rI[/YOUTUBE]

Match #5
#11 - Miracle Violence Connection
[YOUTUBE]0LosWu11euw[/YOUTUBE]
vs
#12 - The Brain Busters
[YOUTUBE]N3ulA2GdGVw[/YOUTUBE]

Match 6
#9 - New Age Outlaws
[YOUTUBE]tCGC9Pyeylk[/YOUTUBE]
vs
#15 - America's Most Wanted
[YOUTUBE]0ofWNfnnJUU[/YOUTUBE]

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
voting for this round closes on Saturday at 11PM EST

Reaction score
1. Hart Foundation - Harts got good matches out of most teams they faced 1986-1991 (Including the Nasty Boys~!). TWGTT were only really good in 2003.

2. LAX - Had the epic feud with Styles/Daniels. LOD were all gimmick and little substance.

3. Londrick - Harlem Heat generally sucked worse than Missy Hyatt at a wrestling convention. Londrick may have been underpushed, but they could deliver in matches that didn't mean anything.

4. Midnight Express - Bulldogs were damn good, but MX are like...the best team ever.

5. Brainbusters - If you're not including Japanese teams, then I don't see how anyone can make a case for MVC when they're mostly known for their All Japan work. Both are great, but one was US based great.

6. America's Most Wanted - Outlaws sucked after their intro. AMW was good for every year they were around.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
1. Hart Foundation - It's rare that I've seen a Hart Foundation match that I didn't enjoy, so its pretty easy for me to pick them here.

2. LOD - I like LAX a lot and I agree with 1986's comments above, but I think the spectacle of the LOD gives them a little edge here. Are their matches better? Nope, but I'm not only looking at that as the criteria.

3. Londrick - Mainly because I hate the blacks. Well also because Harlem Heat never did anything to impress me.

4. Midnight Express - Too bad to see the Bulldogs going out so soon, but its hard to vote against a bonafide GOAT contender here.

5. Brainbusters - Another no-brainer (har har) based on the previous evidence given by 1986.

6. America's Most Wanted - For the life of me I have no idea why NaO are even still in this but they better not be after this round.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I love u both

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Harts - C'mon, this ain't even close.

LOD - LOD did all they needed to do, look badass and beat people up.

Londrick - Not a fan of the heat, whilst I enjoyed Londrick quite a lot.

Bulldogs - Seen more of them, plus gotta support the Brits!

Brainbusters - Again, seen more of BB.

AMW - Both teams owned their respective divisions during their peaks, but as far as match quality goes I'll always watch an AMW match over an NAO match.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The fact that now the New Age Outlaws are being eliminated makes me feel very blue...

I'm going to go with WGTT if for no other reason than to stop it from being a clean sweep.

While I did enjoy LAX at one point, their legacy can't compare to the Road Warriors.

I was never really that high on Londrick. London was too bland and Kendrick became awesome only after that team split. Harlem Heat weren't the greatest but I do love Booker T so Heat gets it here.

I think British Bulldogs and Brain Busters are clearly no brainers here. Definitely pun intended.

I still can't believe NAO are being hated on this much. Almost no pairing ever had this much personality, over gimmicks, crowd interactive entrances and overall entertainment. Maybe they weren't the best workers of all time but I've never not enjoyed one of their matches. Not sure what's so awful about them. On the other hand I've always been a bigger fan of whoever AMW was feuding with, be it Triple X, Team Canada, Naturals, etc... TBH I found Chris Harris lacking and Storm had a better deal going with Bobby Roode IMHO.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Hart Foundation were the perfect combination of technical prowess and pure strength

LOD while lacking in actual wrestling skill left an unmistakable legacy on all 3 major promotions in the 80s

Harlem Heat is responsible for Booker T and he is without a doubt awesome

Midnight Express barely because the programs they did with the Rock N Roll Express are the stuff legends are made of

Brainbusters over the MVC because Tully & Arn are two of the greatest over here....but man did MVC kick ass in Japan

NAO entertained me far more then AMW ever did

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Hart Foundation - loved all their matches.

LOD - up in terms of legacy, arguably no one has had a bigger legacy than these two. LAX was good but I just can't give this to them.

Londrick - Booker T carried the team. London and Kendrick were both really good wrestlers and they are the longest reigning wwe tag team champions in history.

Midnight Express - they are considered to be the greatest team ever while the bulldogs achieved limited success.

The Brain Busters - they are two of the greats. MVW had their time in Japan but generally people know the Four Horsemen's golden era was when Arn and Tully were in the group.

AMW - in terms of gimmick, they are equal so I go to wrestling. AMW had better matches so they take this.

Reaction score
I still can't believe NAO are being hated on this much. Almost no pairing ever had this much personality, over gimmicks, crowd interactive entrances and overall entertainment. Maybe they weren't the best workers of all time but I've never not enjoyed one of their matches. Not sure what's so awful about them.

I can think of a match off of the top of my head that I enjoyed from the Outlaws. They just weren't very good and unfortunately, they were together during a time when the WWE didn't have any good teams to carry them. That three way the Outlaws had with the Headbangers and D-Lo/Henry at Survivor Series '98 was one of the worst tag matches I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.