Greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Round 1 Pt 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
after some discussions with other members I have added 8 wildcard teams making each of the final 8 matches 3 ways

Match 1
#15 - America's Most Wanted

10.jpg

Harris & Storm had six title reigns spanning 517 days and PWI's 2004 Tag Team of the Year.

VS

#30 - Doom

tumblr_ma4w2vnXRr1qjko1ao1_500.jpg

Butch Reed & Ron Simmons had a dominating run in WCW with a 282 day title reign.

VS
WC - The Hollywood Blondes

1721178205.jpg

Pillman & Austin's single title reign lasted 169 days.

Match 2

#16 - Nasty Boys

The+Nasty+Boys++2.jpg

The 1994 PWI Tag Team of the year had 4 reigns of 414 days.

VS
#29 - London & Kendrick[/B]
09.jpg

The 2007 Tag Team of the Year had a single title reign of 331 days.

VS

WC - Sabu & RVD

Rob-Van-Dam-Bill-Alfonso-Sabu.jpg

With two ECW Tag Title reigns totaling 244 days.

Match 3

#17 - Money Inc

money-inc.jpg

Money Inc's Three title reigns of 411 days total put them in the top half.

VS

#28 - Kings of Wrestling

kings-of-wrestling-1.jpg

ROH's two time title holders held them for a total of 433 days.

VS

WC - APA

6548146.jpg

Farooq & Bradshaw had three title reigns totaling 69 days.

Match 4

#19 - Edge & Christian

11.jpg

Title holders for 207 days total between seven reigns.

VS
#27 - The Eliminators

the-eliminators.jpg

Saturn & Kronus held the ECW Tag Titles three times for a total of 335 days.

VS
WC - Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch

tt-adonismurdoch01st-1.jpg

One WWF title reign of 279 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
come one people get to voting

Postman Dave

Reaction score
imma gettin' to it!

I'd like to note that if I haven't seen enough of the older era in action, I'm less likely to vote for them.

AMW - Got a soft spot for these guys, they were THE tag team during the first five years of TNA, and pretty much held that division together.

Londrick - Personal preference, in no universe do the Nasties or RVD/Sabu get votes from me.

KOW - Even without their TWO ROH title reigns (the second the longest in the companies history, the first ending the longest at that point), they also won the CZW & CHIKARA tag titles, at one point holding all three at the same time. APA is the same as having Too Cool in this, they were popular but they were never in the top 3 teams of their time.

E&C - Started watching wrestling around the time these guys were on top, good times.

Reaction score
1. AMW - Hollywood Blondes were really good, but they only teamed for roughly a year. Doom had an awesome 1990, but their other year and a half together wasn't anything special. AMW was pushed as TNA's top team, they were together for the longest amount of time and they had a good amount of quality matches.

2. Londrick - None of three teams does much for me. Londrick had great matches in 2006, but the WWE did their best to keep them off of PPV's. The Nasty Boys were only ever good in 1994 against Mick Foley. RVD and Sabu had their moments, but they had their fair share of shit too.

3. Kings of Wrestling - Money Inc only had good matches against the Steiners. The APA were only good when it came to backstage skits. Now, KOW, they had a ton of great matches and dominated multiple company's tag divisions. Keep in mind this was the team that held the ROH, CZW and CHIKARA tag titles at the same time! That was before they even reunited in late 2009.

4. E&C - Another one where the options are tough because none of them were together for too long. E&C has this legacy, but they were only teaming in the WWE for two and a half years. Roughly the same for the Eliminators in ECW and I believe Adonis/Murdoch teamed for less time. I went with E&C strictly because of their legacy.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
AMW - While I would have no trouble voting for the Blondes normally, I find it hard to deny the lasting impact AMW had on TNA's formative years. I was also a big fan of Doom, but again, their impact seems less to me than AMW's does.

Nasty Boys - Even though 1986 is right in saying that their only good matches were against Mick Foley, what a bunch of matches those were! Seriously, I'd put those up there with some of my favourite tags of all time (Nasty Boys vs. Foley/Sullivan w/Dave Schulz as guest ref is definitely in my top 5) and so I have to go with them.

KoW - This is an interesting triple threat because each team is comprised of two guys who had success as singles wrestlers as well as tag. However, once you get past APA's and Money Inc's lack of good matches and factor in the success KoW had in multiple promotions, they get the easy vote here.

E & C - I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Murdoch and Adonis just because I love both guys work, but its impossible not to pick E & C, a team that helped to propel WWE's tag division to great heights while also having some sick matches.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Doom is one of my favorite tag teams from that era and I always thought Butch Reed was vastly underrated so I am gonna vote for them

I honestly am not a fan of any of these three teams but I will go with Sabu & RVD only because ECW was awesome at that time

KoW gets my vote but damn did I love Rotundo back in the day...one of the better workers in WWF at the time...

E&C if nothing else then for those with the benefit of Flash Photgraphy

Reaction score
KoW gets my vote but damn did I love Rotundo back in the day...one of the better workers in WWF at the time...

Really? I thought IRS was pretty damn dreadful during that time period. There for five years and yet he didn't do a single thing worth a damn when it came to the singles matches.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler