Greatest Intercontinental Champion of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to add a question mark onto the topic, sillybutt.

I don't want to toot my own horn (although I still do even at this age), but I would like to say that I am the first Intercontinental Champion of all time.

Has their ever been a greater champion?

Who are the contenders.... Honky, Rock, Kofi, Chris Jericho, Val Venis??

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
I think Honky is the greatest of all time, but I'm certainly the most absolutely fabulous!

CMS

Reaction score
Any reason why this thread cant just actually turn into a discussion of who is the greatest IC champion of all time?

Airfixx

Reaction score
Honky Tonk Man (Longest reigning), Chris Jericho (Most reigns), Randy Savage & Mr Perfect (Both of whom had awesome reigns that made the belt hot as hell)... Take yer pick.

I'd like to have seen more of Rick Rude as IC Champ.

Reaction score
Mr Perfect and Randy Savage because their PPV matches tore the fuckin' house down.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Mr Perfect and Randy Savage because their PPV matches tore the fuckin' house down.

Was lucky enough to see Bulldog vs Perfect during his 1991 IC reign... Damn shame that match never made it to PPV.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I was going to say Hennig and Savage as well, and it turns out that's the consensus.

I'm just going to throw out some others I think were great IC champions, and might fly under the radar a bit. I don't know if anyone would classify these guys as the greatest, but meh, I think they should at least be in the discussion. Also, nobody who was more remembered as a top champion in the WWF/E.

80's: Don Muraco, Pedro Morales, Tito Santana
90's: Jeff Jarrett, Razor Ramon, Owen Hart, Goldust
2000's: Shelton Benjamin, RVD

I don't know if we'll get anymore great IC champions anymore since the company's changed so much. The title's barely even on PPV and it kinda sucks. I'm in favor of them retiring the title again and bringing in a gimmick title of some sort (Hardcore, TV, Six-Man.) than have them sully it with a Santino or Hornswoggle reign or something.

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
Razor without a doubt. Goldust of course was partly my brainchild, but I say Honky due to sheer length of reign. Shelton for sheer length of dong. I love black dick.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Forgot to mention... Your IC reign was bogus.... Your title was won at a FICTITIOUS tournament! ;o]