Hell in a Cell Greatest Hell in a Cell matches EVER!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
What's your pick?
There's so many good ones to choose from, but this choice is about as easy as it gets for me.

6 Man Hell in a Cell match at Armageddon 2000

Kurt Angle (c) vs Rikishi vs Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock vs Undertaker vs Triple H

Firstly, just look at the list of names in this match. :damn:
Some crazy spots here too, Rikishi being choke slammed by Taker from the top of the cell for one... double :damn:
Everyone shared finishers, SO MUCH BLOOD, this is attitude era's finest and my personal favorite match of all time.

So, what's yours? :ambrose3:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Taker vs Bork, No Mercy 2002. I don't remember it being the GOAT HIAC match, but I believe that was the first HIAC match I've ever watched and I enjoyed it.

It was a grueling war and Bork came out on top of it. Just like he will at HIAC. :21-1:

Reactions: Solidus1

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The Amaragedon one you mentioned, and Triple H vs HBK at Bad Blood. There's not a great catalog to pick from though, especially with the caliber of ones the past couple of years have been.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - Badd Blood 1997.

The first Hell in a Cell match, and it's one of the greatest ever. It was the perfect mix of story, brutality, gimmick and wrestling. Kane's debut, Shawn Michaels absolute horrendous ass whooping, the way the Cell was used and just the in-ring action. It was the first Cell match I've ever seen, and it's still my favorite.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm going with Triple H vs Cactus Jack at No Way Out 2000 (sad how Foley's backdrop through the top of the cell isn't remembered as fondly as a few of his other bumps), Taker vs Brock at No Mercy 2002, and Undertaker vs Mankind at King Of The Ring 1998 as my top three. Pretty much in that order.

Taker vs Bork, No Mercy 2002. I don't remember it being the GOAT HIAC match, but I believe that was the first HIAC match I've ever watched and I enjoyed it.

It was a grueling war and Bork came out on top of it. Just like he will at HIAC. :21-1:

Cool thing about that match was that it ended the exact same way their match at Wrestlemania XXX did - Taker sets Brock up for the Tombstone Piledriver, but Brock reverses it into one of his own, but then uses his strength to throw Taker up on his shoulders for an F-5 instead and pins him with that. They didn't mention that on commentary at Mania, but it was a nice callback to the end of their original feud in '02 as a way of bringing things full circle between them.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The first one ever, Shawn Micheals vs. The Undertaker, was amazing, great build for Kane's debut

The second one, Mankind vs. The Undertaker, might've not had that much activity but I loved it because Foley survived 2 falls from the cell and carried out the match

The Armageddon Hell In a Cell is also a fan fave, the action just never stopped, 6 great names in the cell too, yes even Rikishi with his part, speaking of him, that chokeslam from the top of the cell into the loading truck? Dope! No problem with Angle retaining either, he made a great champ.

The last one and only one featuring the newer modern cell is Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose, those guys actually brought back some of the intensity that was Hell In a Cell, Bray Wyatt sadly killed it, but that is probably the only modern Hell In a Cell match to really remember.

The rest aren't that good... Brock and Taker (the first one from 03), didn't impress me, Triple H vs. HBK at Bad Blood didn't capture me either, yea they were bloody as hell but it wasn't that cool. After the new cell was introduced, nearly all the matches sucked, End of an Era, bullshit, all Cena cell matches, bull shit, DX/Legacy, bull shit... Cena/Orton put on a bad one last year but after the Rollins/Ambrose one that followed it up... it shows that maybe there is chance for more memorable cell matches after all.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The first one ever, Shawn Micheals vs. The Undertaker, was amazing, great build for Kane's debut

The second one, Mankind vs. The Undertaker, might've not had that much activity but I loved it because Foley survived 2 falls from the cell and carried out the match

The Armageddon Hell In a Cell is also a fan fave, the action just never stopped, 6 great names in the cell too, yes even Rikishi with his part, speaking of him, that chokeslam from the top of the cell into the loading truck? Dope! No problem with Angle retaining either, he made a great champ.

The last one and only one featuring the newer modern cell is Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose, those guys actually brought back some of the intensity that was Hell In a Cell, Bray Wyatt sadly killed it, but that is probably the only modern Hell In a Cell match to really remember.

The rest aren't that good... Brock and Taker (the first one from 03), didn't impress me, Triple H vs. HBK at Bad Blood didn't capture me either, yea they were bloody as hell but it wasn't that cool. After the new cell was introduced, nearly all the matches sucked, End of an Era, bullshit, all Cena cell matches, bull shit, DX/Legacy, bull shit... Cena/Orton put on a bad one last year but after the Rollins/Ambrose one that followed it up... it shows that maybe there is chance for more memorable cell matches after all.
Disagree with hbk and triple h. Both men were not only bloody but fought for 45 minutes beating the living shit out of each other. It took 3 pedigrees to put Shawn away. It was awesome

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The one where I beat @Solidus and established my reign over the wrestling world.... oh wait, that was just a fan fiction I was writ....I mean reading....

Mankind and Undertaker.