greatest gimmicks of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mister J

Reaction score
These are some of the best gimmicks of all time IMO.
1. Undertaker
2. Ultimate Warrior
3. Nature Boy Ric Flair
4. Rowdy Roddy Piper
5. Cactus Jack/Mankind
6. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
7. Mr. Perfect
8. Raven
9. Ted DiBiase
10. Sandman

honorable mention: Goldust, William Regal

Reaction score
Macho Man
Psycho Sid (he was up and down...sometimes good, sometimes awful, IMO)
Razor Ramon (fuck the "Scott Hall NWO" gimmick. The "Bad Guy" was AWESOME)
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Goldust (up until they ruined him in '98)
Earthquake (I was little, but John Tenta was petty scary when he was 'Quake)

Kizza

I must say, Goldust is one of the most unique gimmicks I have seen. Some of the stuff I've watched from 95-96 of him is fantastic. So different, and very intriguing, as if daring you to watch more.

Reaction score
I must say, Goldust is one of the most unique gimmicks I have seen. Some of the stuff I've watched from 95-96 of him is fantastic. So different, and very intriguing, as if daring you to watch more.

I know right? He was really one of the first "Attitude" edgy type characters to be introduced, and people HATED him so badly they tuned in next week on the hope that he would get his ass beat on tv.

He was a VERY effective heel that they missed the boat on, BIG TIME. He should have had a championship reign. At least one.

the408kid

Reaction score
No Question Goldust was unique for his time. No one like him before and really know one has been able to truely copy him since.

Here Are some of my favorite gimmicks of all time!

Jake the Snake Roberts- Didn't have to yell and act macho to look nasty in his promos, and it's not just because of Damien the Snake either.

Ultimate Warrior- Even though you didn't know half the time what he was saying in his promos, I loved it when he ran to the ring with that great intro music of his and acting like a mad man. To me it fit his persona perfectly.

Undertaker- The entrance, the darkness, Paul Bearer with the earn, his long and storied career, the American Badass angle, the Streak at WM among many other things makes the Undertaker gimmick one of the most legendary in Wrestling history.

The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase- 'Everybody's gotta Price" Throughout the late 80's and in the 90's, Ted Dibiase Sr. was one of the best if not the premier heel in the wwf. Buying off Andre to get him the World Title from Hulk Hogan, the unforgettable Million Dollar Belt, Virgil as his paid bodyguard, the trademark laugh, and later on The Million Dollar Corporation and his stint in the NWO in WCW.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The Rock. He went from clean cut son of Rocky Johnson to the brash, arrogant, lavish wrestler who talked in the third person.

Reaction score
No thought to it, just suggestions:
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Undertaker
George Steele
Kamala
Abdullah the Butcher
Flair
Roberts
Million Dollar Man
Dusty fuckin Rhodes
Slick
Mr. Perfect
Mankind>>Cactus Jack
Heel Doink-when he beat the shit out of Crush with that fake arm that had lead in it was sick
Jerry "the King" Lawler

Airfixx

Faves:

Macho Man/Macho King
Million Dollar Man
Heel Doink (Hell yeah, Enzo!)
Jake The Snake
Mr Perfect
Mankind
Kane (>>>Taker!)
Nature Boy Ric Flair

tazzen78