Greatest 21st Century Wrestler - 1st Round A - Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Benoit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Jeff Hardy

• Chris Benoit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Oooookay... the big one now. Over the whole discussion I kept an eye on this thread and I was contemplating the whole time, what I'm gonna do or say here and I honestly am still not that sure. I had a lot of stuff going through my head with this and I simply can not shake my own thoughts being not as black and white in this matter.

For the future rounds (and tournaments too), I would like to see no member getting antagonized for voting either for or against Benoit. This tournament is for what these Wrestlers have done inside and around a Ring during Wrestling shows. I think everyone has said their piece in this thread about the Benoit case, so I would like you all to refrain from bringing it up in future voting threads.

Yes, I know it's impossible to not have it in the back of one's mind and I'm well aware that a lot of people have very strong feelings in this case. I do want to apologize to anyone, who is triggered by the inclusion of Benoit in this tournament. That said, I'm not asking anyone for not voting against him because of what he did. I just think it's a very difficult and complicated matter and it's just not worth it to fight with anyone here about it or to provoke anyone with bringing it up again and again within this silly and in the grand scheme of things insignificant tournament of ours. So... please keep the discussions to the Wrestling parts of things, when it comes to future Chris Benoit threads.

If you still want to discuss anything specific to the Benoit case or my post, then please do it in this thread.

Btw, I also went with Jeff Hardy in this. Benoit, purely as an in-ring performer, is probably one of the greatest ever and I was always a huge fan of his work (especially in a time where pure technicians like him were still seen as not suitable for the big pictures), but Jeff, even with all his own goals that hampered his career again and again, had overall a stronger run over these last 24 years in the business.

Doesn't matter though, because...

#36 Chris Benoit beats #29 Jeff Hardy

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwalker