Great Championship Wrestling News for 1-31

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

slack0831

Reaction score
Around 300 people packed into the Great Skate Plex to watch Great Championship Wrestling.

Before the first match was shown, attention was paid to a new segment on the big screen called "That 80's Moment" with John Bogie. Bogie went on hyping about the brand new Cabbage Patch Kids, don't forget it is the 80's. He said that one one of the Cabbage Patch Kids looks like Sonny Siaki.

Match #1
Referee Randy Ray
"Marvelous" Michael Cook defeats "The 80's Guy" John Bogie w/two Cabbage Patch kids. Not exactly sure how he won.

Match #2
Referee Jeff McGowan
Randall Johnson defeats "The Beach Boy" Scotty Beach by Countout.

After the match, Johnson took the mic and bragged about the winning streak that he has been on. Beach then runs in and attacks Johnson with both men rolling to the outside.

Match #3
Referee Randy Ray
"Mr #1" Sonny Siaki defeats "The Wrestling Hybrid" Orion Bishop w/Wicked Nemesis after hitting the Siakilypse.

Before the end of the match, Wicked jumped up on the apron, but was met with a superkick from Siaki. Bull Buchanan then came out, put Wicked on his shoulders and carried him off.

Match #4
Referee Jeff McGowan
GCW Insterstate Champion AJ Steele w/The Intern and DeathRow defeats The Hooligans after Mason Cutter got a big boot from DeathRow.

Steele was going for the Steele City Bomb on Mason when DeathRow took off Mason's head with the big boot. D-Row then covered Mason for the victory.

Reaction was shown from last weeks upset tag title victory. First was Hot Like Lava and Quentin Michaels demanding a rematch, which of course their buddy Commissioner Scrappy McGowan gives. Then it showed the new tag champions, J-Rod and Tex Monroe, celebrating with other wrestlers in the back

Match #5
Referee Randy Ray
GCW Tag Title Match
J-Rod and Tex Monroe defeat Hot Like Lava w/Quentin Michaels and Zero Tolerance to retain the titles when Monroe pinned Shaun Banks with a flying sunset flip.

Before the match began, Quentin had ring announcer Rob Russo remind everyone that there is a order of protection against J-Rod and that if J-Rod touched Michaels, then he would be severely punished. Michaels then started to trash talk J-Rod. J-Rod then touched Michaels with the dreaded finger of doom (remember Hogan/Nash), which apparently made Michaels collapse to the ground and he had to be carried out by Zero.

Match #6
Referee Jeff McGowan
GCW Heavyweight Title Match
Triple Threat No DQ
Johnny Swinger w/Zero Tolerance defeats "The Messiah of the Spinebuster" David Young and Bull Buchanan after Swinger hits Young with the Shaft.

During the match one of the turnbuckles popped off. I don't know if it's me, but this seems to happen way too much, especially since the debut of the 6 sided ring in GCW. During the match, Orion Bishop comes out and attacks Bull and the two brawl all the way back to the lockerroom. It looked like Young might win the belt after hitting Swinger with a spinebuster, but Zero broke up the count and the two Michaels Inc members double teamed Young before Swinger hit the shaft for the victory. After the match, Swinger trapped Young's arm in a chair and hit it with another chair, breaking the arm. This is similar to how Swinger broke Young's long time tag team partner, Chris Stevens', arm about a year ago.

GCW is back on the road tonight as they will be in the Frank Johnson Rec Center in Macon, GA. The bell time is 7:30 pm. Two titles will be on the line in Macon as Johnny Swinger w/Quentin Michaels will defend the GCW Heavyweight title against Bull Buchanan. Got to give Swinger some mad props, yeah I said mad props, defending the title twice in one week and showing that he is a fighting champion. Also the GCW Interstate championship is on the line as AJ Steele w/The Intern defends the belt against Zero Tolerance w/Quentin Michaels. Can AJ keep the belt against the immovable object in his hometown. For some reason the TV show wasn't on today, but there should be a new video up on the web pretty soon.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Damn I wish it wasnt tonight cause I would be there I got a concert to go to but I been there before...but yea GCW rockz and is cool as hell...6 Sided Ring stuff....

Big Jabba

Reaction score
coll, didnt know any uk feds used a 6 sided ring :)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
lol that aint a UK fed....its like in the south part of the US kinda

Rell

Reaction score
TNA should have held onto David Young. He's a solid competitor. Besides, his spinebusters look awesome.