Gotham series on FOX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Re-watched last week's episode, then watched this week's. Fantastic on both, and as much as I enjoyed seeing the progression with Scarecrow I did enjoy this week's episode even better than last week's.

Actually really enjoyed the whole circus environment in this one and how that just added a touch of the bizarre into their routine work. Nigma seems none too pleased with the new ME as she spoke up, and Gordon got to enjoy some make-out time with his lady while unknowingly spurning Barbara. Jerome's entire performance was just phenomenal. Wow. Kid did a fantastic job every time he was on screen, especially when in the interrogation room with his dad. Brilliant all around, and he's just a believable actor. Was kind of cool to basically watch him have his psychotic break and seeing how he played up all those different moods -- just fantastic. Fish continues to be a force to be reckoned with and proves she's a natural-born leader. Cobblepot taking up for his mom in such a vicious way in the beginning of the episode was pretty cool, showing he has his limits and no one messes with his mother, and at the same time his reaction to Butch being back was priceless. Then of course there's Bruce.... growing up so fast and proving he has a spine and no one should fuck with him, all while going about the good business of trying to make sure his company is run well and honestly. Kudos to him for his meeting with the board. Been a great season so far, and the show keeps gaining momentum. Based on the previews for what is still to come in the next five episodes.... wow. Looks like we're in for quite a few treats as things continue.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Another hell of an episode..

From the beginning to the end this episode was nothing but pure enjoyment. Bruce Wayne quickly becoming a man before our very eyes. The introduction of his greatest arch nemesis in what is, in my opinion, one of the best character performances of the season besides the Penguin. So, the Penguin isn't necessarily great with numbers or running a club but that first scene shows you that you should not get on his bad side. Fish Mooney, what a character she has become, a wonderful job by Jada Pinkett thus far, every segment with her was entertaining. The Flying Graysons was introduced and apparently Gordon was responsible for making sure Robin's parents got together in the end... cool. That actor that was playing Jerome (aka The Joker).. I just can't say enough. The purple hat his "father" was wearing, the circus atmosphere, the smile, the laugh, A perfect mixture of Jack and Heath with a little of his own interpretation thrown in. Just wow!

Ah, my suspicion is confirmed then. Actor did a masterful job portraying the character.

Also - "we'll name our first son after you, but not Gordon" (or presumably Jeff) so Dick? As in another name for a detective maybe?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
For once, I actually watched the show when it aired, woo!

Will likely watch it again on Hulu later, because some seriously annoying weather-related (hey guess what, brrrr it's cold and stuff) tickers were running across the top AND bottom of the screen the whole time. But I was determined to watch, so here are some quick thoughts:

- The whole thing with Fish: Ow ow ow ow ouchey ow ow ow ow owwwwwww!

- That bastard.
- Poor poor Alfred.
- Poor poor Bruce.

- All that "leader" stuff can bite my big toe. That hood is nothing but trouble.
- Poor stupid kid.

- Selena basically saying "fuck you" about the whole beauty / princess thing was kind of nice. (This one is out of order, but oh well.)

- Allllllll those people suck. Dear Wayne Enterprises Board members, suck my tit you rat bastards. I knew I didn't like you.

Can't remember what else I wanted to comment on, but there are some basics. I'll re-watch it but probably not add anything else to this since I don't want to bore anyone.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This episode was good but slow..

The Dollmaker is coming soon.. that should be interesting.
I knew that Reggie guy was trouble the moment they showed him standing at the door of Wayne Manor. It's no secret that Alfred will live but damn if it didn't hit you in the feels nonetheless.
Fish Mooney is a badass, plain and simple.
Looks like Butch might eventually try to one up Cobblepot, that story line is taking an interesting path.
So the board is going to go after Bruce? Hmm.. Gordon to the rescue!

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Awesome, awesome. awesome!
The way Bruce brought up the "big bads" of Wayne Enterprises, makes Bruce look even better as a person. And then, these dickhead board members who have the balls to say "wtf!? You're suing us!? But you're a fucking kid!" Well, you got pwned by a kid, bitch. And then the C.E.O comes on and makes his evil intentions known... Oh, this is going to be epic.
I knew Joker to be a twisted, vile man, but what I didn't know is that his persona started when he was a kid. A KID! He has a life in front of him, yet, he goes and spit in the face of his "father" and his mother at the same time. So, whether Batman tries to change his mind - won't work. He's done it thousands of times, in the comics, the films, the games, and other media... Now I understand why. His mental illness is very deep rooted in his child days.
And scarecrow has the worst debut of any DC Comics character that I've seen - all time. I was expecting the character to "die" and return as well, the scarecrow. His story doesn't reflect the comics, I feel.

And I also agree with someone else who said Selena saying "fuck beauty" was a nice touch. Very nice. It does, however, reflect the Catwoman character in Batman Returns, and Arkham City.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Great episode again tonight. May or may not elaborate later; for now I need sleep, lol.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This episode was interesting...

It was interesting because a slightly darker side of Gordon was revealed. One I've never seen in the comics unless he was under the influence of one of Batman's enemies. Blackmail wasn't a thing that Gordon ever did... I wonder why they took that route on the show.Mooney is continuing to grow into a very interesting character. I'm guessing she will be used to reveal a few other villains along the way.. she's a tough cookie. Dr. Dulmacher aka The Dollmaker was interesting, but wow, those special effects on his former office manager with the female body were absolutely terrible, very disappointed in that. Bruce's love for Alfred continues to shine through, once he cleans up his company and meets Lucius Fox and makes him CEO of Wayne Enterprises, I am hoping they go into his training story line. It's almost time that he heads out to start his training.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Mostly quick, fun review from tonight's episode:

I can't recall any specific thoughts during the first part of the episode, but here are some of the ones I had as the show progressed.

- Nigma with his cool little watermelon bowl was just kinda' cute.
- Women being abused stokes a fire in me, so that whole bit pissed me off. Figured something was up when Ms. Kringle barely made eye contact with Officer Whatshisface and kept mostly looking down and just "mm-hmm"ing rather than speaking much. Thanks a lot, Officer Asshat.
- Nigma getting tense and pissed off when he realized Officer Douchecanoe had physically abused Kringle was sweet.
- Selina's dress was kind of cool, I must admit. Of course, I loved her response to Bruce's kind comments, at which point I thought, "Holy crap, she could be my daughter." :haha:
- I was all proud of myself for knowing the answer to Nigma's "love" riddle, the one he posed to Officer Asshair.
- Ewwww long-time corpse.
- I want my name on a big block of ice because, why not?
- Nigma looking mostly surprised as he stabbed Officer Who'sit was actually kind of amusing. As if he had no control over it and/or was surprised his hand kept making the motion to stab him again and again.
- I guess Officer Dickwagon won't be laying his hands on another woman. :smug:

Fin.

Last edited:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

I can't recall any specific thoughts during the first part of the episode, but here are some of the ones I had as the show progressed.

- Women being abused stokes a fire in me, so that whole bit pissed me off. Figured something was up when Ms. Kringle barely made eye contact with Officer Whatshisface and kept mostly looking down and just "mm-hmm"ing rather than speaking much. Thanks a lot, Officer Asshat.
- Nigma getting tense and pissed off when he realized Officer Douchcanoe had physically abused Kringle was sweet.
- Selina's dress was kind of cool, I must admit. Of course, I loved her response to Bruce's kind comments, at which point I thought, "Holy crap, she could be my daughter." :haha:
- I was all proud of myself for knowing the answer to Nigma's "love" riddle, the one he posed to Officer Asshair.
- Nigma looking mostly surprised as he stabbed Officer Who'sit was actually kind of amusing. As if he had no control over it and/or was surprised his hand kept making the motion to stab him again and again.

Fin.
Have I told you I love you lately?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

- Nigma getting tense and pissed off when he realized Officer Douchecanoe had physically abused Kringle was sweet.

Fin.

Best review I've ever read.