Goldberg Still Draws

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
http://www.pro-wrestling.com/news.php?a=1&n=NTQ0NjM=

The WWE corporate website has updated their DVD sales numbers for late 2013. According to a press release on the site, Bill Goldberg's WWE DVD sold 99,000 units. The "WWE 50" documentary sold 86,000 units while the Legends of Mid-South DVD set sold 64,000 units. Also, the Triple H DVD set sold 64,000 copies and the "ECW Unreleased Vol. 2" set sold 62,000 copies.

I know, not a huge deal, but it's something worth mentioning. People say that he has very little star power nowadays (perhaps so little that he shouldn't even bother returning for a Wrestlemania match) but the fact that a DVD of his matches sold like hotcakes says otherwise. I'd love to see a Reigns/Goldberg match at some point in the near future. It's the best way to utilize Goldberg in a way that'll give the rub to a younger superstar.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think the problem with Goldberg returning is he doesn't want to return just to put someone over.

Reactions: GoldbergFan1

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's the most logical match for Goldberg to have if he returned (both guys are powerhouse wrestlers, both have the same finisher, etc.) Seeing Reigns kick out of the spear (and the jack hammer) would be epic.

Reactions: Wacokid27

GoldbergFan1

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd go to every bar in town and have them change the channel to Raw all before pissing on myself. But yeah, I don't think he'll come back unless he gets creative control plus more money.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I'd mark his music still sends shivers down my spine.

Reactions: B.Dazzle

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'd love for Goldberg to return, provided he change his catchphrase from 'You're next!' to...... 'You're a d***!' ......or even better.... 'You're fat!.... and then just spears the a**hole. Why? Well, why not. Goldberg's a jacka**

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Dear god just thinking of Goldberg and Reigns facing off makes me mark just a bit

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Goldberg can return as long as he doesnt touch a microphone.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
He supposedly said that he would be willing to, just not to "a guy who's been losing all the time." (That's a direct quote of his in reference to Ryback.)
Now, would he come back to beat The Ryback? That'd i'd enjoy. Or does he only come back to fight a top teir guy?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Now, would he come back to beat The Ryback? That'd i'd enjoy. Or does he only come back to fight a top teir guy?

I wouldn't have minded seeing Goldberg squash Ryback in three minutes or less at this year's Wrestlemania. If Ryback came out on a Raw, cut an awful promo about how he wants to challenge and defeat Goldberg in a match at Wrestlemania to shut down the Goldberg chants once and for all, but then ended up getting completely destroyed by him, that would have been a delight to see. And really, it's the only way I could ever see Goldberg accepting a match with Ryback at all. However, if I were him, I would want a more high-profile and marquee match than with someone like Ryback.

Reactions: Danielson