Goldberg Says He'll Wrestle Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Former WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg spoke with FOX Sports at the NASCAR Sprint Cup race last weekend. During the interview, said that he would wrestle again, but that he "guarantees" that it won't be for WWE.

"I'm going to make an appearance in professional wrestling, but it won't be for the WWE," Goldberg said. "If I put wrestling boots and wrestling trunks on one last time -- and I'm going to -- it's going to be done by me, and me only.

"Anything I did with the WWE was not therapeutic, by any stretch of the imagination. The reality is that nobody's going to tell you that because they have an umbilical cord hooked to Vince McMahon. I, ladies and gentlemen, do not. So therefore, I can say what I want and not have any repercussions because I don't rely on them for a job."

Source

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
JeffW.

He was already there, and he was a disaster.
Just thought it'd be cool to see him get his ass kicked. Who/when did he wrestle in Japan? Lesnar?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He was already there, and he was a disaster.

Wait what? His time in Japan was a disaster for who? The promotion or himself.. if I'm not mistaken his success there led WWF to even open negotiations with him.

Just thought it'd be cool to see him get his ass kicked. Who/when did he wrestle in Japan? Lesnar?
'02 to '03, he wrestled for AJPW against Satoshi Kojima, Rick Steiner (Match for the W-1 promotion) Taiyo Kea and then teamed with Keiji Mutoh against Brian Adams and Bryan Clark (Also a W-1 Match)

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think his time in Japan was before he came to WWE the first time. I recall him fighting Satoshi Kojima but not sure who else.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Regardless of his personal feelings on Vince McMahon and especially Triple H, money talks and Goldberg has always been a businessman who is all about the money, so I wouldn't throw a one-match return to WWE out the window completely. He'd hardly be the first person in history who knocked WWE but eventually ended up coming back to work for them anyway.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Wait what? His time in Japan was a disaster for who? The promotion or himself.. if I'm not mistaken his success there led WWF to even open negotiations with him.

'02 to '03, he wrestled for AJPW against Satoshi Kojima, Rick Steiner (Match for the W-1 promotion) Taiyo Kea and then teamed with Keiji Mutoh against Brian Adams and Bryan Clark (Also a W-1 Match)
It was a disaster from a quality standpoint, and it was also a disaster from a booking standpoint, because of his stardom they sacrificed Kojima and Kea to him, the squashes they never really recovered from. They were bound to be aces when they jumped ship with Muto, but then got buried just like that... by delusional Muto.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not really that excited about this, but it could end up being fine, who knows.

Bluffer

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
wrestlinghub.net
Would Goldberg work in Japan at his age? Would he even be able to keep up with any other guys there?

I HIGHLY doubt he is going to go to TNA, and wasting his "final match" on an indy promotion would be stupid, so I'm not sure what he means by this, but I'd still love to see him vs Ryback.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
A year ago when I was clueless, I really wanted him to come back to wrestling, now I know the shit he pulled in '04 and how old he is... I think it's time to slow down buddy.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Would Goldberg work in Japan at his age? Would he even be able to keep up with any other guys there?

I HIGHLY doubt he is going to go to TNA, and wasting his "final match" on an indy promotion would be stupid, so I'm not sure what he means by this, but I'd still love to see him vs Ryback.
Well, it's not like he can't handle one Japan match.