Goldberg comments on spear users

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
-- On Twitter, Bill Goldberg was asked if it bothers him that so many wrestlers have added the "Spear" (also known as shoulder block takedown) to their in-ring repertoire, a wrestling maneuver he popularized in the late nineties while performing for World Championship Wrestling. The former wrestling champion said it does bother him, and deemed those who use the "Spear" as uncreative.

"Gotta say all these yahoos using the Spear irks me......Just shows how over it was and how less-than-creative they are," Goldberg wrote on Twitter.

I like Goldberg and he seems like a nice guy but this is a joke. He didn't innovate the move so I don't know how he can call others uncreative. Rhino used the Gore before him and Edge used the Spear before him. Plus I am sure many others used it before them. Anyway rarely anyone comes up with original moves anymore.

Do you think these comments have merit?

Killz

Reaction score
Absolutely shocking. Someone's a little above their station aren't they? The fact is, 'modern' wrestlers, so I'm talking 90's onwards CANNOT possibly take credit for innovating the majority of their movesets because everything either already came from the big wrestling countries such as Japan or Mexico, were handed down by older American based stars or are just variations of common and uncredited wrestling moves. Something as basic as the spear? Sure, Goldberg's was executed in badass fashion but he's literally still believing his own hype.