Going to try gardening...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
And I have no clue what I am doing. :dawg:

Has anyone ever did a garden on here? I have the seeds but I have to buy some soil and tools. I know I need something to block out the animals, specially the deer. They come by the house because of the apple tree. I don't want them eating from my garden...

:mad2:

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think if its your first time "gardening" you should start with something on a small scale...
like a Planter Box...

wooden-planter-boxes-perth.jpg

And then if any of your plants get big enough you can transplant them into the ground.
Plus planter boxes are really good for growing herbs and small vegetables...

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think if its your first time "gardening" you should start with something on a small scale...
like a Planter Box...

wooden-planter-boxes-perth.jpg

And then if any of your plants get big enough you can transplant them into the ground.
Plus planter boxes are really good for growing herbs and small vegetables...

I was looking at the start cup things they sell. Those plastic things. I read that it is best to start them indoors mid March then in mid April, plant them outside once they have some size to them. I don't think I will plant everything I have here, but I think starting with a few basics will be enough. I think I will do tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and kale. I might try broccoli sprouts as well just because they are sooo tiny.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I was looking at the start cup things they sell. Those plastic things. I read that it is best to start them indoors mid March then in mid April, plant them outside once they have some size to them. I don't think I will plant everything I have here, but I think starting with a few basics will be enough. I think I will do tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and kale. I might try broccoli sprouts as well just because they are sooo tiny.
Sounds like you have a solid plan there Snake...keep the forum updated...and some photos would be cool...

;)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a solid plan there Snake...keep the forum updated...and some photos would be cool...

;)

I still have no idea on what soil to buy, what tools I need, what to move the plants into when outside... LOL
We have deer, rabbits, chipmunks, all kinds of birds, squirrels... I know I need to protect the garden from them...
Then I have to worry about the bugs too!!

:hutz::hutz::hutz::hutz::hutz:

• Haha

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
I helped my granddad out one or twice on his allotment and in his greenhouse. for exposed plants be put a mesh tunnel over the plants so they are sheltered from the animals yet they can still get nutrients and that shit.
Obviously a makeshift green house would also be very good and i presume you could make one from wood and plastic sheeting but if the expense or effort is too much for either of these, just keep it to a small crop at first.
I would like if you keep us updated on this and maybe someothers on here could share their gardens (nature not body parts).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I helped my granddad out one or twice on his allotment and in his greenhouse. for exposed plants be put a mesh tunnel over the plants so they are sheltered from the animals yet they can still get nutrients and that shit.
Obviously a makeshift green house would also be very good and i presume you could make one from wood and plastic sheeting but if the expense or effort is too much for either of these, just keep it to a small crop at first.
I would like if you keep us updated on this and maybe someothers on here could share their gardens (nature not body parts).

I was thinking of rigging some covered thing. They do have something called deer netting which will help with all the larger critters. I don't think I have to worry about the coons, coyotes, or bears wanting to get in it. lol I am thinking of using plastic bins so I can move them around and at night, move them closer to the house so they are more protected. I read having a dog pee near the garden will help keep other animals away as well so my dog's urine may prove useful for the first time ever lolol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I did a bit more reading and I am more confused. :why:

I swear growing vegetables is easy and the more I read the harder it sounds... I think I am just going to slap the seeds in dirt, water them regularly and hope for the best lol

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin

I swear growing vegetables is easy and the more I read the harder it sounds... I think I am just going to slap the seeds in dirt, water them regularly and hope for the best lol
Ahh yes the best way to garden.

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Sounds like a good plan Lady Snake...

You can complicate anything by reading/researching too much about it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Plant seeds, water regularly, give plant food, watch them grow... then murder them before planting more for eventual murdering.

Plant food? I want to keep them as organic as possible. Is there actually organic/natural plant food?