God of War 3 CE(GOW 1 and 2 to be included?)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

It's no surprise that God of War III will most likely be receiving collector's edition treatment. What's surprising is one of the bonus items Sony is considering: a Blu-ray disc containing -- it would seem -- PS3 compatible versions of God of War and God of War II.

In a survey sent to registered PlayStation 3 owners, Sony asks recipients to rate their interest in several possible bonus items on a scale of 1-10. Among the standard fare of "full game soundtrack" and "art book" is "God of War and God of War II on Blu-ray disc." That's a "10" in our book, not to mention a great way to make these games available to those who either never played them on PS2 or no longer have the system and whose PS3's lack backwards-compatibility.

Now we'll take a survey. Would this bonus be of interest to you? Let us know in comments. You can find a full list of the proposed collector's edition extras after the break.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
Full game soundtrack
Comic book/Graphic novel
Exclusive packaging
God of War and God of War II on Blu-ray disc
God of War and God of War II cinematic movie compilation
Art book
Access to exclusive downloadable content
Behind-the-scenes/"Making of" featurettes
Developer commentary
Kratos Statue/Figurine/Bust
Key chain
Necklace
T-shirt

Oh shit. This would be crazy. Im never bought a Collector's Edition before but for God of War 3 I would. Especially if it actually has something worth paying extra for unlike every other collector's edition. Plus the fact that my God of War 2 game doesn't work anymore and I have yet to beat it.

This Guy

You know what I agree, though I've never had much intrest in the series, including the first 2 games as bonus is pretty cool and if they decide the contents completely on the response its almost certain to happen.

We have a debate at work about if after Sony finally stops producing the PS2 if they will do the firmware update that would allow PS3's to be backwards compatible again. Most of my staff believes yes, I believe differently.

I think Sony will follow Microsoft and Nintendo's lead and start to offer PS2 games as downloads eventually. Much like 360 does for original X-Box. However I think Sony definatly has the edge in this from there much larger PS2 library assuming they can get it up and that they don't have some of the same lag issues.

also a better price point then Microsoft would be good.

one way or the other though I'm sure us with non backwards compatible ps3's will eventually get to play PS2 classics on our systems though I like free add on in CE way best :)

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
it would make me very happy to dismember harpys and cyclops's from gow 1 and 2 on the ps3! then again it would also make me very happy to have a ps3 in the first place! man i love this franchise!

Kassidy

Reaction score
Second game i know of to do this, the new riddick game gives you the old one on the same disc. pretty kool, i never played 1 or 2 but i got hooked on the psp version lol so i might deff pick this up and play from 1

Nation

Second game i know of to do this, the new riddick game gives you the old one on the same disc. pretty kool, i never played 1 or 2 but i got hooked on the psp version lol so i might deff pick this up and play from 1

Seriously? Im a bit surprised you have never played them as it is one of the best series of all time and God of War is imo the best PS2 game of all time. Im not so sure a firmware update to make PS3's backwards compatible is even possible.

straight_edge76

If they did this I would mark the fuck out. I already am seriously considering springing for a PS3 and if I could play GOW 1/2 on my PS3 that would be the only thing I need aha. GOW has been a favorite of mine since it was 1st released and imo is the best ps2 game ever.