Global Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It's pretty clear now now that they want Rob Terry to be a monster wrestler who can't be stopped. It's a hard sell on a title with less than two years history on a guy who hasn't been in a good match yet. Squashes aren't the way to get a champion over. Having near falls and taking bumps seem to be the proven method.

I thought the title had a chance with EY. He deserved a singles title but he's going nowhere fast.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
The Global Championship, in my opinion, should have never touched Rob Terry or EY until a couple more established midcarders set the presige of the title. Eric Young's little "Global Championship Rules" made the title look toy-ish and stupid. It didn't look like it was an established title yet.

With Rob Terry as holder of the title has made the title look better; but it still has a long way to go. Put the title on Hernandez, and it may bring out the "Finlay Effect" meaning that it looks like the title is more unobtainable with a more interesting holder than a squasher champ.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Rob Terry sucks. He left British Invasion way too early.

Wolfe for global champ IMO

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
At least they are trying to bring some credibility to the title. Make it a legit mid card title. But I agree with MizMasta, put the belt on Wolfe. They really want it to mean something, put it on someone who's aligned with AJ and Flair.

As far as Terry goes, he's not that bad. And it seems that he'll be going into a program with OJ. Since OJ's new gimmic, I'm intrigued on how he's going to work in the ring. Since OJ's been in TNA, he hasn't had a bad match yet and actually looked good in the ring.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly don't mind Terry holding the Global title, however I do think that Wolfe would be much better with it. At the very least Terry is making the Global Championship atleast look like it's worth something imo. By the looks of things a Terry/OJ program may very well be starting. Even though I do not particularly care for either BJ... I mean OJ or Terry it's atleast a start.

-TJ-

Reaction score
They're establishing Terry as a fighting champion, defending his title on any comer. Now if they weren't squashes, and at least a good 5 to 6 minutes with the challenger getting some offense. An example would be Rob Terry vs. Homicide from the last TNA show, except Homicide gains the advantage for part of the match and has some sort of control. That would've worked better, but it looks like Terry will finally have someone who won't job to him, that we know of, in BiJ

Another route would be to have Terry defend the title in a good 8-10 minute match with Wolfe, and Wolfe wins it.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
TNA has no idea of proper booking when it comes to something like a mid-card championship.

Booker T bringing in the Legends belt was a great idea. Booker holding it for quite sometime was a great idea. Dropping it to AJ really gave AJ the push he needed back then. Even when Nash and Foley held the belt I didn't have a problem with it. It was really being built up as a credible title despite the Legends name having no stipulation as to who holds the actual belt. Cool idea, great looking belt, proper guys holding it, it was all smooth sailing.

Then they drop the belt to EY, Mr. I get way too much airtime for my own good. If that wasn't enough he CHANGES THE NAME of the belt? WTF. The Legends name was on the belt. Changing the name of a championship while still keeping the same belt squashes the history of that championship by transforming it into something completely different. Then he says he doesn't defend it on US soil and not against american competitors. However, then Rob Terry gets the belt, random, then starts defending it in the US and against US competitors? I am sorry but that is just not solid to me.

Rob Terry should have stayed with the british invasion, but I guess Hulk Hogan has the same infatuation with big men as Vince does.

Pope, Daniels, Wolfe, Hernandez, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Anderson, Raven, and even Joe would have been great Legends Champions. Anderson especially. They want to push the guy through the roof why not give him some sort of championship? All previous names would have made more sense other than Rob Terry.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Then they drop the belt to EY, Mr. I get way too much airtime for my own good. If that wasn't enough he CHANGES THE NAME of the belt? WTF. The Legends name was on the belt. Changing the name of a championship while still keeping the same belt squashes the history of that championship by transforming it into something completely different. Then he says he doesn't defend it on US soil and not against american competitors. However, then Rob Terry gets the belt, random, then starts defending it in the US and against US competitors? I am sorry but that is just not solid to me.

EY said he wasn't defending it against American's on American soil. Rob Terry ain't American and he won it in Wales. Those were EY rules for the belt. Rob don't have to listen to them anymore since it's his belt now. He want's to defend the belt every week.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Oh I thought that was the stipulation of the belt, I didn't know it was only for EY.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The hell happened to Brutus Magnus? He atleast looked like he could wrestle and not just pose like Terry.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I thought Magnus was supposed to be feuding with Rob Terry, but that just suddenly ended without an actual ending, much like every other TNA rivalry.

Reaction score
Did someone say Roid Terry and OJ are going to feud over that belt? What the fuck has Jordan done besides attempt a terrible gimmick, to warrant a title shot? Just more of the TNA status quo.

Roid Terry isn't too bad, but he certainly needed more seasoning before he got the strap, but I prefer him to Eric Young. It would have been nice to see the winner of the Hernandez-Morgan feud get a shot and take it off of him, maybe due to a Brutus Magnus interference but they stopped that dead in it's tracks. And since they wanted to make Hernandez a bigger star in Mexico, what would have made him look better than taking a "Global" championship on tour with him in Mexico? Plus it would have added some "Global" credibility to the title as well. So you would have set up a feud that would have made sense in Terry-Magnus and given Terry some seasoning to make him a more apt champ down the road and you accomplish two things with Hernandez, doing something they had originally planned and add some credibility to a strap that is far from prestige.

But instead they are going to make a feud between a fag that is only on the roster to do a "shock angle" and hasn't done anything in the ring to warrant a title shot and Roid Terry? What's the basis for this feud? "I'm a big, buff limey and you threaten my masculinity! Therefore I must smash!" And of course OJ will win via a bitch slap and then put streamers and feathers and glitter on the belt, before eating some cream off of it. It just makes me sad thinking that 90% of the internet smarks can book a better product, and that should never be the case. The other ten percent think TNA is perfectly acceptable and entertaining.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well...OJ did defeat the no. 1 contender for the TNA World title plus he defeated Samoa Joe before getting abducted. Both clean matches. Jordan may be on the flamboyant side but he has been getting it done in the ring since coming to TNA. The cumshot strawberry interruption last week definitely set up a future feud for the two. I'm curious to see where this is heading (even if it is heading to the ground which it might.)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't have a big problem with OJ like others. Since coming to TNA, he's yet to have a bad match. They weren't 5 star matches, but they were good for mid card tv matches.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
With OJ, it's more the fact that TNA is doing an angle for pure shock value moreso then to benefit his carrer imo. I have never been a fan of OJ tbh, his in-ring work isn't all that good, but not all that great either imo. It's simply decent. He is far from the worst worker in TNA but far from the best either. However I did quite enjoy his match with Pope.