Give credit to Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and put on my flamesuit before I state this, but Punk's ring work is drastically overrated. His move set bores me to tears. His awful elbow, his terrible GTS, his stupid knee/bulldog that he botches 9 times out of 10, his lame suicide dive, his kicks, and whatever other boring moves I'm forgetting, I'm just tired of his ring work I guess. His matches are good, but look at who he's been working with; Crayo already mentioned them. Bryan, Ziggler, Jericho.. these are guys who can put on an enjoyable match with anyone.

The one match he's had that I thought he had to carry that really impressed me was a WWE Title match with Henry on Raw.

but yea, neg rep me, post disapproving smilies/gifs, call me a hater, moron, whatever. But Punk just bores me all around at this point. It's quite possible that his god awful character is influencing my interest in his matches, but if I hear him scream BEST IN THE WORLD one more time I'm going to dropkick my cat in the face. So basically next Monday poor Snoop is taking one for the team

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
PMSL at Dolph's post I agree with some of it and disagree with others as is standard when I read his posts. I mainly believe it his character that has killed him, however yes at times his ring work is sloppy but maybe thats his frustration at his lack of anything interesting to do. However as a pro that shouldn't affect him but he seems a lot poorer in ring than when he first came to WWE.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:dafuq: leave Dat kitty alone mutha fucka

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'm calling swat cats on yo ass

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I'll go ahead and put on my flamesuit before I state this, but Punk's ring work is drastically overrated. His move set bores me to tears. His awful elbow, his terrible GTS, his stupid knee/bulldog that he botches 9 times out of 10, his lame suicide dive, his kicks, and whatever other boring moves I'm forgetting, I'm just tired of his ring work I guess. His matches are good, but look at who he's been working with; Crayo already mentioned them. Bryan, Ziggler, Jericho.. these are guys who can put on an enjoyable match with anyone.

The one match he's had that I thought he had to carry that really impressed me was a WWE Title match with Henry on Raw.

but yea, neg rep me, post disapproving smilies/gifs, call me a hater, moron, whatever. But Punk just bores me all around at this point. It's quite possible that his god awful character is influencing my interest in his matches, but if I hear him scream BEST IN THE WORLD one more time I'm going to dropkick my cat in the face. So basically next Monday poor Snoop is taking one for the team

It's true that's the problem, Punk is lazy unless he gets a boot up his ass. He's the Samoa Joe of WWE nowadays.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:

You once agreed with me when I said no one can carry someone into a 4/5 star match, it's only as good as the worst opponent. Bryan/Punk is a 5 star match, he was terrific that night. His ring work is overrated as many of his sheep followers genuinely believe him to be the BITW. But to call Punk a top 10 wrestler in the world I don't think would be far off from the truth at all.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I didn't say Punk was carried to those matches, he is obviously a good ring worker. I'm just saying if he WEREN'T putting on good matches with those types of guys he should be put to death; he shouldn't be praised for having good matches with those guys, it's expected.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I didn't say Punk was carried to those matches, he is obviously a good ring worker. I'm just saying if he WEREN'T putting on good matches with those types of guys he should be put to death; he shouldn't be praised for having good matches with those guys, it's expected.

Expected to have good matches, not great. He deserves equal credit for his match with Bryan and Jericho than they get. That's what I'm saying.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That's fine, I have less of a problem doing that than I do sitting here pretending most of his TV matches are anything besides boring to me.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The bad thing about his reign is where his character went, which ends up being annoying when his character was the best thing around this time last year. Now, as far as ring work goes, I enjoy most of his matches, but he does seem sloppy. When he puts effort into the matches they are normally good though.

Reactions: army_george